• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cubone's mther and its skull helmet

Drakon

Requiem Raver
Reaction score
This has been puzzling (and weirding me out) for a while.

If the skull that Cubone wears is from its dead mother... then what happens to the female Cubone in the daycare, when a baby Cubone is hatched?

that...or maybe female Cubones die after birth and yet another plothole exists in the world of pokemon breeding. not everything can lay eggs; courtship, conception and egg laying happen in an extremely short amount of time; pokemon like Cubone, Meowth and Farfetch'd hatch already with their non-body part parts; Vulpix is supposed to hatch with one tail; etc.

Last edited:
Maybe breeding in captivity is different than breeding in the wild. Since you raise the egg instead and all--maybe in the wild, baby Cubones eat their mother or something. And then feel JUST AWFUL about it for the rest of their lives. Haha.

Crystal: It lost its mother after its birth. It wears its mother's skull, never revealing its true face.

above: the pokedex, it seems to imply that she just... dies

so the real question is: why dose it take her skull?

To mourn I suspect, anyways "L" pretty much gave the answer regarding the opening question. It simply cannot work all the time, otherwise the population dies out and what do siblings do etc.

I thought it was concluded that some of the PokeDex entries were mythological tales and not factual information?

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom