• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

current mood...

Status
Not open for further replies.

siburke939

metal buttez
Reaction score
now i know this is just a "neat little feature" on most forums with stuff like this:

Happy :)
Super Happy :-D
Unhappy :-(
Tired :zzz:
Just been violated in a highly inappropriate manner :eek:
etc...

now that's probably a common forum plugin that just isn't being used here because it's a bit pointless - however - could it be used for a purpose on this forum? eg:

Just browsing
Ready to trade
Ready to battle
Busy writing
Currently breeding
Currently RNGing
Hacking now
Looking for random VM's
etc...
(default would be "Unspecified" or something to save confusion)

the reason i'm suggesting this is because i often login at work or stay logged in all weekend & it would save people wasting their time & mine (& yours) contacting people - i don't want to log out just to avoid talking to people & i don't want to annoy people at bad times - etc etc etc

BEFORE this suggestion is voted on i'd appreciate if a mod dude could confirm whether this is possible? (i'm pretty sure it is but idk much about forums as mine sucks!) if it can't then can you suggest a different way of doing something similar? i'd like that!

also if it can be done - could it be made really easily accessible from our profile pages please?

okay this is just an idea that i think has massive potential to help everyone here a tiny bit so anyone voting YES i'd appreciate input as my presentation sucks & more ideas always help - anyone voting NO i'd like to know why as maybe you can be swayed (or at least i can understand why it's a duff idea!)

normally i don't say this as i usually don't care if my posts are read but this time i'd like to say a massive thank you for anyone taking the time to read this & consider it

So, something similar to a facebook status?

So, something similar to a facebook status?

i was thinking more of the drop down box things with banners/pictures i've seen on other forums although that could work too - just text doesn't really catch your eye though & i'm looking for quite a clear indication of what someone is doing / interested in doing / not interested in doing / etc

Can't you just say your mood in your usertitle?

//
text doesn't really catch your eye
//

let's steer away from the facebook status / text thing here it's not what i had in mind (also typing = work dudes... drop down boxes are far quicker & may actually get used)

also it's not about moods - that's just what the function is used for on other forums

Im not sure this is really nessesary as you can say what your mood is in a post

okay did you even read the first post???

seriously the irony of your post when if i had posted "my mood" in my first post you wouldn't have notice because YOU ONLY READ THE THREAD TITLE!

please read it

this is NOT about moods

Isn't this basically like the "current activity" thing on your profile?

no not in the slightest :-/

your profile:

Current Activity: Viewing Conversation

yeah nothing at all to do with what i'm suggesting

I think it may be a bit redundant in some aspects, as there are sub-forums in the Battling forum if you want to find someone to battle with.

I'm generally not shifting either way on a vote though until I hear more.

You mean something in the tidbit (or somewhere else like bellow "current activity") that reflects your status? Like Trading, Busy, etc.
bingo! here's an example of it at use: http://www.myspace.com/siburke939/ (see the Mood: quixotic bit) like an extension to the online/offline thing we have displayed - another good example would be MSN messenger where you log in but choose not to be disturbed etc

I think it may be a bit redundant in some aspects, as there are sub-forums in the Battling forum if you want to find someone to battle with.

I'm generally not shifting either way on a vote though until I hear more.
yeah it's not like a batsign light or anything nor is it specifically for trading it's just something to help people get together at good times be it for trading, chatting, battling, etc

i'm glad people are asking about it prior to voting i'd like to see how it's panning out (like i've probably said before my presentation ain't great but the idea's there & i think it has potential)

Good idea! I talk to people alot, and this could help me know if it's a bad time.

meh, I don't really like it. this is a site for fun, if they're on here they're usually not doing any work anyways. DOWN

I really like this idea--sometimes I feel bad because I'm blogging, and an icon saying "Writing" would be helpful, so I wouldn't feel bad for not replying to people. Or, something that said "Drawing" because I take forever to reply when I'm working on a piece, and I'd like them to know that I'm a little busy and not just ignoring them!

Wow, you guys have seriously never heard of this before? It's actually quite a neat thing. I've taken a screenshot to show you how it would look. At least, this is how it looks on some forums.

Mood.png

Anyways, UP.

i just feel it's polite to reply to everyone but apologies if i don't add much productive...

Good idea! I talk to people alot, and this could help me know if it's a bad time.
that's the idea dude :)

meh, I don't really like it. this is a site for fun, if they're on here they're usually not doing any work anyways. DOWN
fair comment dude - i personally log in when i get to work & i post a bit during lunch & browse for 2 mins every now & again in between work - i know not many people do that (either no access or strict website usage monitoring) but i understand :bawl:

oh you mean like the Myspace one? i thought that might be what you meant, hmm could be ok. UP
disco! to be honest farewell, friend posted a picture that explains it far better than my wall of text did! :)

I really like this idea--sometimes I feel bad because I'm blogging, and an icon saying "Writing" would be helpful, so I wouldn't feel bad for not replying to people. Or, something that said "Drawing" because I take forever to reply when I'm working on a piece, and I'd like them to know that I'm a little busy and not just ignoring them!
kind of the same for me - i got into work at 7.50am this morning & didn't reply to a VM until 12.52pm not due to being rude just due to being busy - same at the weekend i like a catnap saturday afternoon but i stay logged on :)

Wow, you guys have seriously never heard of this before? It's actually quite a neat thing. I've taken a screenshot to show you how it would look. At least, this is how it looks on some forums.

Mood.png

Anyways, UP.
oh man your pic is just what i was suggesting - thank you! :)

I vote UP. This can help avoid flamewars and drama, y'know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom