• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Current/Ongoing Events [Most Recent: Team Hoenn Unite!]

Reaction score
Masters has plenty of events over the year, here are the ones currently active:
  • Team Hoenn Unite
  • Electric- and Steel-Type Event
  • Pure Hearts and Rainbow Wings
  • Double Trouble
  • Blasting Off Again!
What events do you want to see in the future? Which do you want to see make a comeback? How are you finding the current ones?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fighting Type Training Event

Good event. Bet you didn't like who you had to defeat over and over again in Infinity Roll though lol

Blissful Bonanza

Not a fan. I wish there was more to it than once-per-day Blissey rewards. Surely they could've done more with it, such as injecting some sort of story with Pasio trainers and Blissey or even just put on varying difficulties? That would've at least made it more likeable

Good event. Bet you didn't like who you had to defeat over and over again in Infinity Roll though lol
the poor cows i had to lay into over and over x.x
Not a fan. I wish there was more to it than once-per-day Blissey rewards. Surely they could've done more with it, such as injecting some sort of story with Pasio trainers and Blissey or even just put on varying difficulties? That would've at least made it more likeable
freaking daily one time events *suck*

Masters has plenty of events over the year, here are the ones currently active:

• Fighting Type Training Event
  • Flying Type Training Event
  • Blissful Bonanza
What events do you want to see in the future? Which do you want to see make a comeback? How are you finding the current ones?
Is the Ho-Oh event still active?

I was initially quite annoyed that The Star of the Contest event was another prize box one. I absolutely hated that for the Ho Oh event. Because it was so luck based and the coins given out were so minimum, I couldn't complete that event, so I was worried that was going to happen here. Fortunately, I think that they learned from the Ho Oh event. I can get one hundred coins just by going through each of the battle stages once, they include coins as part of the event mission rewards and the battle rewards can include a lot of coins too. It is still a bit too luck based for my tastes, but at least now I have a chance of getting through each prize box.

It's also nice that I can get through the Ultra Hard battle without requiring Dawn and Turtwig. I hated that the last few events basically required players to get the new Sync Pair in order to complete it. I understand that they want to encourage people to use their gems or put money in the game in order to get the new trainer, but it's so frustrating when some areas are virtually impossible to complete without finding them, especially when my luck for the past few events have been quite bad. They really need to increase the odds of getting five star Sync Pairs, as well as introducing more three star Sync Pairs since they're so common.

You know what I think would be a super good mitigation to these prize box events? If they had a daily mission run throughout the duration of these events where doing X battles in the event can net you, say, 100 coins or something of that amount. It keeps the player incentivized to actually play the event and reward them while making it less grindy. What do you think?

You know what I think would be a super good mitigation to these prize box events? If they had a daily mission run throughout the duration of these events where doing X battles in the event can net you, say, 100 coins or something of that amount. It keeps the player incentivized to actually play the event and reward them while making it less grindy. What do you think?
Well, Street Fighter V does something like that, although I don't know how well it's implemented because I have crappy internet and most missions have to do with fighting online. I guess it's nice for the ones that can?

I haven't been doing much of the Bug Egg event, mainly because I was doing other events in both this and other games, but I still managed to hatch a Shiny Pinsir without even trying for it. That was pretty neat. I'm hoping to get a Shiny Scyther during the last day of the event. It's the only Bug type that I haven't gotten yet too. I kind of wish that I had started working on this event sooner, especially when it would have been easier to find more Shiny Pokemon, but I'll at least be able to use the incubators to hopefully find the other egg Pokemon. I still never got a Tauros egg, so it should still be worthwhile to have the multiple incubators. Plus, I'm pretty sure that they'll do this event again or make the Bug type eggs available within the game afterwards.

I finally finished the Full-Force battle for Family Ties with only six sync pairs knocked out. My team was as follows:
  • Koga & Crobat, Oak & Mew, and Skyla & Swanna: Oak came in clutch as usual, Skyla was a decent cleric (only 2/5) and nice Speed and Defense booster, and Koga poisoned like a boss.
  • Rosa & Serperior, Viola & Masquerain, and Noland & (Mega) Pinsir: Rosa absorbed some nice damage, Viola did some nice spread (probably could've used someone else, but the Attack drop and trapping is always welcome :) and also had Defense Crush 1, possibly hoping for Defense Crush 2 later), and Noland is well, Noland.
  • Calem & Meowstic, Jasmine & Steelix, and Brendan & Sceptile: Calem's Thunder Wave and Psybeam (read: confuse) was nice at the final matchup against that Carnivine, Jasmine & Steelix (2/5) is an amazing Defense-based tank, so much so it took a good number of attacks and also was able to swallow a sync move (though I did grid them with some nice HP and Defense boosts, and had Lockstep 9 for Clang!), and Brendan is well, Brendan. With Dauntless of course.

Last edited:
Incredibly miffed right now. Solgaleo rerun. Got mine 5/5 20/20 first time around already.

So I decide to get extra copies for power-up tickets.

Except it are 3-star power-up tickets. For getting a dupe of a 5-star. You get a 3-star ticket.

And then you exchange 20 Solgaleo potential tickets for a whopping... 2 5-star tickets! Yes, folks! 2 5-star tickets!

Like, new players get a free 5-star 20/20 strong Steel-unit (Who's pretty much only worse than Steven. Who gets good at 3/5 and is limited.) but the players who already got it get... essentially nothing.

After the same thing happened with the Rayquaza rerun, I had hoped they had changed it but god damn is this a shame. An absolute fucking shame. We're going back to the game environment we had during launch period, and let me tell you, that was not a pleasant game environment.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom