• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Customization Thread

I wish they would at least give them new outfits. Poor Hikari/Dawn lost her jacket so now she has to make it through the blizzard in summer clothes again. But then again she didn't wear much clothing in Platinum either lol.

Considering the Chibi overworld art style, i highly doubt there will be any customizations. Especially considering what happened with ORAS.

My guess is, much like the contest outfits in ORAS, there will be temporary clothing changes though. Maybe once Dawn and Lucas reach the snowy areas before Snowpoint they'll change into their Platinum outfits or something.

I would like to at least be able to change skin tone and maybe have the Platinum outfits for Mt. Coronet and of course the Contests.

But since they said "faithful remakes" I'm not really getting my hopes up.

I would like to at least be able to change skin tone and maybe have the Platinum outfits for Mt. Coronet and of course the Contests.

But since they said "faithful remakes" I'm not really getting my hopes up.
"Faithful" is a vague term. It could also mean that this plays like a traditional game and not like LGPE.

I'm in the camp of there barely being any customization; these remakes seem to be in line with FRLG, HGSS, and ORAS. I won't mind too much for this, since Lucas is one of my favorite player characters design-wise. That being said, I hope we get winter clothes for going up north and that nice tuxedo for Contests.

Customization might go to Legends: Arceus instead imo. By the official website's description, they are trying to keep those close to the originals.

Lucas and Dawn have their classic outfits, and we're back to the pre-Kalos chibi style. I don't think there would be trainer customization.

I'm so glad they added customization to these games. The outfits we've seen so far look great. The only thing I wonder is if the hair changes with the different outfits or if they can be changed separately. In the trailer it seemed like Dawn's hair styles were linked to particular outfits. Of course, it could have just been a coincidence. I'm sad they didn't show a lot of hair changes for Lucas.

It seems like the outfits are sets that cannot be mixed and matched, right? That feels so odd to me. Why design all these things and then lock them into sets... mixing and matching for a unique style is such a basic part of trainer customization. Such a strange, bad (IMO) decision.

That being said... cyber style looks AMAZING. Chartreuse and silver/greyscale is one of my favorite combos, so... yeah I'll be rocking that I think.

It seems like we are going to be able to remove the hats, as there are gameplay clips showing Lucas without his hat.

It seems like we are going to be able to remove the hats, as there are gameplay clips showing Lucas without his hat.

I’m pretty sure those clips are all from the start of the game, though, so I think it’s probably just a scripted scenario where you walk around without your hat for a while, but after you get your Starter and talk to Rowan, he tells you to go back home and let your mom know you’re leaving, and then she’s probably all like, “Oh honey, don’t forget your hat!” Sun & Moon did something like that, albeit without you ever leaving the house.

One thing I'm anticipating from getting set outfits makes me hopeful there would be NPC outfits the player could try, like gym leader sets.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom