• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Customization Thread

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
So Customization in Legends: Arceus, yay or nay?

Edit: Customization was confirmed on September 28th 2021.

Barber:
112.jpg

114.jpg

Clothes shop:
111.jpg

113.jpg

116.jpg

115.jpg

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I really hope we do. It'd be annoying to go back to no customisation options now (excluding remakes). With that being said, I like the design of the characters anyway a lack of character customisation wouldn't be a deal breaker.

I really hope we do. It'd be annoying to go back to no customisation options now (excluding remakes). With that being said, I like the design of the characters anyway a lack of character customisation wouldn't be a deal breaker.
I agree with this. I want customization back, but I like the default designs. Although I might go for Dawn instead of Lukas with no customization.

I'm inclined to agree. While customization is a huge deal now, as it allows everyone to personalize their PC, considering how good the base designs are I can live with them if there isn't any customization. But I hope they do have some form of outfit and style variety, as it would be nice, especially if it fits the "feudal era" nature of Legends. But it's not a deal breaker if customization is in the games or not as the game holds a lot of promise on its own, though it would be nice if we had a few other options available. We'll just have to wait and see. Though I may go with Dawn's ancestor this time instead of Lucas', as she looks a bit more stylish (and cuter... and the fact she's wearing PANTS means we can finally end the Dawn skirt memes), but we'll see if GF reveals any other info about customization.

I feel like they will. With the exception of ORAS, every main series Pokémon game since XY has had character customization to some extent, and several spin offs have, as well (Pokkén Tournament is the first one that comes to mind).

I feel like they will. With the exception of ORAS, every main series Pokémon game since XY has had character customization to some extent, and several spin offs have, as well (Pokkén Tournament is the first one that comes to mind).
I think that this game will focus mostly on capturing Pokemon and discovering the mysteries about the legendaries, especially Arceus. It will basically be like the Crown Tundra, except as a full game.

I'm fairly certain that we will see customization in this game as there's no reason for them to remove a QoL feature like that.

Last edited:
think that this game will focus mostly on capturing Pokemon and discovering the mysteries about the legendaries, especially Arceus. It will basically be like the Crown Tundra, except as a full game.

True, but even the Crown Tundra gave us at least one different outfit with the Expedition Uniform (and the Style Card, which gave us more than one different outfit and even a few hairstyles). Heck, even BOTW (a game comparable to Legends: Arceus) has its fair share of different outfits that have different effects (like making Link more resistant to heat or cold).

Well people from this time period don't seem to care much about fashion. They didn't have as much variety in clothing because they didn't have factories to mass produce different types of clothes, they just seemed to wear whatever was practical. So I'm not sure customization really fits the setting of the game, but I wouldn't be against it if they did have different types of period appropriate clothing.

Heck, even BOTW (a game comparable to Legends: Arceus) has its fair share of different outfits that have different effects (like making Link more resistant to heat or cold).

This is actually what makes me think there will at least be some character customization. Sinnoh has a few harsher climates, and I could easily see them adding some outfits that would make you better equipped to survive in these areas. Pokemon has hardly explored this idea of having the player being affected by the hard climate, but because of the kind of game it is, and the rumor from Centro Leaks that seems to show the player character can throw hands with Pokemon if they don't have any usable ones, I think there is a decent possibility that the player will actually be affected if the environment is too harsh..

_

Besides gear for extreme environments, I could see them at least going for a Let's Go style for character customization, with some outfits. I would like to see something more expansive, of course, but I think at the minimum we could get this. As many have mentioned, Pokemon has had character customization in nearly every mainline game since X and Y (besides ORAS). I truly don't think they'll ditch it now.

If they don't end up having more outfits, I could still see them at least allowing you to choose your skin tone at the beginning of the game.

Well people from this time period don't seem to care much about fashion. They didn't have as much variety in clothing because they didn't have factories to mass produce different types of clothes, they just seemed to wear whatever was practical. So I'm not sure customization really fits the setting of the game, but I wouldn't be against it if they did have different types of period appropriate clothing.
Yeah. This is a good argument against customization.

Since this is an action RPG, the extra focus on the player character and how they will likely “level up” or strengthen themselves in some way means to me that there must be customization tied to that. Clothing, armor, etc.

Customizing skin tone also needs to be back.

I hope we can still customize the characters but I'm not counting on it.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom