• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Customization Thread

Oh goodie, we're getting the side-remake treatment in our main games. Fantastical.

I didn't touch either of those games so I didn't know about those. Heck I didn't even know BDSP was given customization at all. Funny they could give the game that but not much of, if any, Platinum features...

Again, monotonizing customization is always a bad idea, as SV has shown how it is. Like why can't I wear something cool that actually fits? I wanted a suit of armor as a customization choice in SwSh, it didn't happen. Now the fact that I won't be able to wear a racing outfit to ride the legendaries in proper style is yet another lame thing Pokemon has done. Is Pokemon allergic to outfits that cover faces or something? Sw/Sh racing-themed helmets for the DLC biking outfit didn't even have an option to have the visor closed, that's lame.

Oh goodie, we're getting the side-remake treatment in our main games. Fantastical.

I didn't touch either of those games so I didn't know about those. Heck I didn't even know BDSP was given customization at all. Funny they could give the game that but not much of, if any, Platinum features...
They had to replace the immoral game corner some how. Also the lack of platinum stuff is par for the course. I mean it wasn't like HGSS had Crystal stuff in it.

I never really played crystal despite getting it as a kid. Was all the HGSS Suicune stuff not part of Crystal? I didn't remember that being in Gold and Silver so I just assumed it came from Crystal.

I never really played crystal despite getting it as a kid. Was all the HGSS Suicune stuff not part of Crystal? I didn't remember that being in Gold and Silver so I just assumed it came from Crystal.
HGSS might have changed some of it around but the Suicune quest was from Crystal. I think most of Crystal's new stuff were in HG/SS but I played Crystal many years ago.

HGSS might have changed some of it around but the Suicune quest was from Crystal. I think most of Crystal's new stuff were in HG/SS but I played Crystal many years ago.
Only noteworthy thing I can remember that was left out was the gift egg from the Daycare Center that randomly hatches one of the Gen II baby Pokemon. (I always hoped for Elekid or Pichu, since Electric-types are slim pickings in Johto)

If I can appreciate one thing, it looks like finally our glasses will look normal and have temples that go behind our ears, rather than the glasses just sitting on our faces with no temples as with previous games.

Glasses.png

just... more customisation. ALL the customisation. I want every clothing item ever created to be represented in the game! No amount of customisation is ever enough!

/s

/but not really

Okay, thanks to the trailer today, I'm less concerned about customization. It looks like there will actually be a lot of options from a huge list for at least facial features like our eye shapes and hair styles. The range of color for hair and eyes also looks pretty vast. I wish we could have seen more actual different clothing today, like seeing few options of say shoes/gloves/head accessories, but for now I'm good.

I'm still a little disappointed about the uniform based clothes only thing, but I do like the fact that we have full-body customization now. Default trainers have been a little outdated since the onset of customization. So I guess that's why Florian and Juliana looked off and generic.

Here's to Gen 10. Hopefully we we'll look AND dress how we want to then.

I'm still a little disappointed about the uniform based clothes only thing, but I do like the fact that we have full-body customization now. Default trainers have been a little outdated since the onset of customization. So I guess that's why Florian and Juliana looked off and generic.

Here's to Gen 10. Hopefully we we'll look AND dress how we want to then.
Scarlet and Violet just look so bland.

Scarlet and Violet just look so bland.
Well, considering we have the power to have diffrent skin tones, heights (I'm assuming given the school orientation), eye shape, eye lashes, eyebrows, freckles, moles, and whatever else...it makes sense why they're bland. They're the blank characters of the game. Compared to the previous player characters it makes sense given the amount of character customization other than just skin tone, contacts, hair styles, and make up.

To me, it seems like, while makeup is no longer gender-locked, the hairstyles, given that some of them were shown by name in the trailer, still seem to be, even though male players now have access to long hairstyles.

Is the no clothing options a set-in-stone confirmed thing? Because people seem to be talking like it is.

It's a small thing but I'm personally really happy to see that stuff like makeup/eyelashes, actually long hair, etc. aren't restricted to just the female player character anymore. It just means a lot to know I'll finally be able to play as the male protagonist and still express myself the way I want; and I know I'm not alone in that.

Plus, customization options are looking more in-depth than ever. Being able to choose even your eye shape is pretty dang cool!

I am probably not going to really use the customization thing much. I never really cared for this sort of thing. In the games that we could customize our character, I never really did much with it at all.

Not an actual complaint but I find it weird that they have customization for pretty much every part of the face... except the nose. We saw in the same trailer there are different nose shapes on NPC's so it's weird but, I probably wouldn't have changed it anyways.

I defenintly think the Step back when it comes to Clothing is not a caseof one step forward, two steps back. But rather a fault of the setting being a school, leading to gamefreak not wanting non school uniform clothing because of that.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom