• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Cute Animal Mafia (Bastard) - Town Wins

I think ill go with lissi then seems like a safe bet

Honestly if you want to lynch me today go for it. I have the scummiest role. Unless there is a mechanical reason for me to be town via Pika, and it seems to me that his role only really confirms roles, not alignment, unless there’s a hidden piece i’m missing.

I accept the sweet embrace of death with open arms. Or paws. Or whatever.

Pika’s role states that he can use a random Town-aligned ability that does not come from himself. So for now, I kinda trust that. As much as I don’t want to do it, Potato immediately trying to push his vote on me felt off especially with the knowledge it could be a night kill.

Pika’s role states that he can use a random Town-aligned ability that does not come from himself. So for now, I kinda trust that. As much as I don’t want to do it, Potato immediately trying to push his vote on me felt off especially with the knowledge it could be a night kill.
Does he know what the ability is before he uses it? Does he target a player to use it on?

Yes that's correct.

I had 2x Neighbourizer, which I used on Jamie (N1) and ME (N2).

And 2x of another ability where I can use a role/ability of a living Town player apart from myself. And I need to send in a target in case the used ability requires one.

N1: It happened to be a Roleblocker
N2: I didn't use it
N3: It happened to be Play Fight.

Apart from this, I have the cuteness modifier which I had already mentioned at the time of HelperMan's lynch.

Honestly if you want to lynch me today go for it. I have the scummiest role. Unless there is a mechanical reason for me to be town via Pika, and it seems to me that his role only really confirms roles, not alignment, unless there’s a hidden piece i’m missing.

I accept the sweet embrace of death with open arms. Or paws. Or whatever.
Only reason id lynch you is that u have the most scummy role

And 2x of another ability where I can use a role/ability of a living Town player apart from myself. And I need to send in a target in case the used ability requires one.
I'm confused as to how this can copy someone's role/ability

do you get told their full kit and then pick one among them?

I feel like Pika is the lynch gives the most information because that role does not sound townie at all + if he flips mafia this makes Jamie and ME look better since it's a bit unlikely scum neighborizers teammates

I feel like Pika is the lynch gives the most information
…you mean a lynch on Pika, who was just cop checked as Town, right?

Moving right along, Pika’s role does bother me, but not because it doesn’t “sound townie.” (May I remind y’all that we basically had a Town Poisoner flip already.)
In fact, roles actually seem to tell us very little about the game or our alignments at all.
This does make me wonder how ExLight can be so certain that he is town after a simple Role Cop check on himself, “completely honest” or not, but I will get to that later. Right now, I am pondering Pika’s role.

If we take just a quick look, something smells (and it isn’t Larry Butz this time). We have two cops. Granted, they are alternating nights, but that does basically add up to a full time cop in a game that has had a ton of “limited shot” roles.
And then you add in Pika’s role, which, allegedly, only uses roles from Town members.
Is it just ME, or is that a bit too much investigative power for a game of this size?

Something is lying to us…

Now, the obvious move, if we wanted to potentially confirm a lot of information, is to go after Pika. That way, we can test guz’s sanity and see if there are any hidden modifiers to Pika’s role. If Pika flips scum, guz is an insane Cop and we go for Elieson next.
If Pika flips town/Godfather, then Elieson is safe…or at least we can put him aside for the moment (if Pika was Town, not GF)

As for Pika’s ability, if there are no hidden modifiers, that would clear TheCapsFan, since he is the only Roleblocker in the game.
If Pika’s ability has a hidden “insane” style modifier, then we go after Caps, and possibly all the red pandas.

All of this sounds somewhat good on paper, but while there are a lot of things about this game that still concern me, cop sanity isn’t one of them…or, at least, it isn’t for the moment. Given Pika’s general behavior, in thread and in the Neighborhood chat, I believe it more likely than not that he is town, and, after my idiotic grandstanding play last phase, I don’t think we can afford to lynch purely for information this phase.

So. Here is what I will tell you, and here is what I know.
1. Myself, Raven, guzmania, and Midorikawa all started out the game as “Mafia Infiltrators,” and assuming that the other three were the mafia.
2. Raven’s flip at least confirms that all infiltrators have the same modifiers to their roles. (Technically, that doesn’t confirm that all four of us are infiltrators, but at least it means that those of us who are infiltrators have the “flipping as Miller” thing in common.)
3. The factional Role Cop ability for the Mafia works, and, despite my earlier claim, I do not believe that we actually have reasonable reason to doubt that the factional kill works.
4. I asked Quas if there was a “currently active” mafia team in my chat with guz and Midori, and was told that said chat is the mafia chat, but that Quas would not elaborate further.
5. It seems like all red pandas are solitary creatures, which means they cannot join or be added to OC conversations.
6. It also seems like the red pandas control the night vote, with Midori thrown in for balancing reasons.

Now, this may be the most cockamamie of cockamamie ideas, but, I don’t think it’s as simple as the infiltrators being the mafia. I think that the infiltrators were all meant to infiltrate the mafia chat, and we did, but, because the mafia team is all of the red pandas, they couldn’t be in said OC, so it just ended up being infiltrators in there.

Since the actual mafia can’t be in OC, they don’t control the factional abilities. The infiltrators in the chat do. It’s actually almost ingenious. Put townies, who think everyone else in that chat is scum, in charge of the mafia kill.
But…wouldn’t that be potentially unbalaced? Yes. But factor in that, if the red pandas actually wanted to, they could control the night vote, and there is little to nothing anyone else can do to stop them from lynching whoever they want. So, I’m essence, they get a second factional kill that’s more under their control.

Now, I admit that this idea may seem farfetched, or like it’s a long shot, but it is not based on paranoia. It is based on extrapolations from the 6 facts I presented above, as well as a couple of other minor details that are mostly gut reads. It is also based on my assumption that I am town, since I have been given nothing to indicate otherwise.

I would say we absolutely need a red panda lynch today, at the very least to even out the night voting, and, at the very best case scenario, to actually, and finally, catch scum.

Out of all of them, I think Ex is probably the best vote here. He’s in the PoE anyway, and, despite roles seemingly being completely non-indicative of alignment, he somehow managed to “confirm” himself as Town using a guaranteed honest Role Cop.

Vote: ExLight

I should have let Raven’s N1 shot on you go through.

Anyway, y’all can trust me, or y’all can tell me to go to hell. After last day phase, I certainly wouldn’t blame y’all for doing the latter.

Back
Top Bottom