• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Cyndaquil vs Charmander

Reaction score
155Cyndaquil_GS.png
VS
004Charmander.png

First two Fire Starters that existed

Whose design do you like better?
Who has the better moveset?
Who would fare better in a head-to-head battle?
Who relates better to their evolved forms?
Who is your favorite?

Last edited:
The links are broken.

Actually, this is a pretty difficult decision for me. Much as I hate Charizard, I do think Charmander is adorable, but Cyndaquil is just so cute and bashful.

Bah, I'm cheating and voting for both of them.

I can already see this is gonna be super hard for me.

Whose design do you like better? - ...First question and it's already difficult. I find both of them adorable and cool looking. I'm going to have to call it a draw.

Who has the better moveset? - In my opinion, Charmander. At the very least it can counter rock-types (in FRLG, specifically) and gets Dragon Rage pretty early on (after FRLG).

Who would fare better in a head-to-head battle? - I would guess Charmander would just because it has access to better moves.

Who relates better to their evolved forms? - To be honest, I really don't quite understand this question. I'm assuming it's asking which, I guess, relates better to it's evolved form in terms of appearance? I may be wrong, but with that assumption, I'd say Charmander since they look better connected.

Who is your favorite? - I seriously prefer the Charmander line, but I'd have to say Cyndaquil. I mean, I fricken wanted one for Christmas when I was younger.

Whose design do you like better? Charmander. It is a lizard and an orange one.

Who has the better moveset? The Fire-type one.

Who would fare better in a head-to-head battle? The Fire-type one?

Who relates better to their evolved forms? Cyndaquil, no doubts about that. Charizard's design is a mess and feels very out of place compared to Charmander and Charmeleon's designs, while all of Cyndaquil's evolutions look perfectly connected to each other.

Who is your favorite? I prefer Charmander. It is really cute and Charmeleon is one of my favorite first stage of any starters, too bad I don't really like Charizard. Cyndaquil isn't bad, but overall its evolutionary line is a bit boring.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom