• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cynthia is coming to Alola !

Queen Cynthia

Angelic Champion
Reaction score
Probably the best piece of news about S/M was revealed today:

The wonderful , the one and only Cynthia is returning once again!
:notworthy:
How great is that! :):)

Not only will you be able to team up with her in the games, I'm also sure this means that she will also appear in the Anime again. I'm just overjoyed and feeling fantastic!
If you ask me, the fact that she's appeared in her own AND in other regions more than any other champion clearly underlines that she's truly the greatest Champion!
Oh happy day!

I would love to have Cynthia appear in the anime again since she's awesome and seems to know a lot about legendary Pokemon. She's my favorite champion.
Imagine she's in Alola studying the lore behind Island Guardians and the mascot Legendaries, and how they relate to humans and other Pokemon.

Hmmmm I wonder if she also knows the Island Champion, given she seemed to know Adler and all.

I don't think she will return, you can just battle her and other famous trainers in the battle tree. Also, it looks like you have to beat the league first to enter the battle tree which I'm pretty sure Ash wouldn't be able to do.
All the Kanto gym leaders were the in BW, did they make it to the anime? No. So, a similar situation can be seen here too.

I don't think she will return, you can just battle her and other famous trainers in the battle tree. Also, it looks like you have to beat the league first to enter the battle tree which I'm pretty sure Ash wouldn't be able to do.
All the Kanto gym leaders were the in BW, did they make it to the anime? No. So, a similar situation can be seen here too.
Except that the Kanto gym leader have never been that important and weren't featured in so many different games and Anime regions.
Even if it's just a short cameo (perhaps Cynthia will go there on vacation), I'd still be fine with that because it shows the writers haven't forgotten her but consider her very special and better than the ramining champions

I still wouldn't necessarily hold my breath on her appearing in the anime. There's a chance but she's already appeared in BW series and I have heard that many people are getting tired of her barging in to the series, so they might not have her appear in the show at all.

I have heard that many people are getting tired of her barging in to the series
Like who?
As long as the writers aren't tired of her then it doesn't really matter.
I think she's still enormously popular (probably most popular champ ever), considering she's still getting merch and got shown in the trailer for the game.

I'd much rather see Wally or Gary (in Blue's new clothes), or some other game characters over her.

I'm not against her appearing, but she's been a bunch of episodes over the course of 2 series and did a lot. If--and it's a good sized "if"--they use the games as an excuse reason to bring back old characters, let it be ones who've been gone longer, deserve it more, or weren't even animated before over her.

Cynthia is my favorite Champion. I am not the least bit bothered with her arrival in Alola. However, I do question why do they have her in her warmer gear rather than her tropical clothes that she exhibited in Unova (given that Alola is even hotter than Unova).

Well the previews are putting a lot of emphasis on comedy and that's joke material right there. :LOL:

Cynthia is my favorite Champion. I am not the least bit bothered with her arrival in Alola. However, I do question why do they have her in her warmer gear rather than her tropical clothes that she exhibited in Unova (given that Alola is even hotter than Unova).

Well the previews are putting a lot of emphasis on comedy and that's joke material right there. :LOL:

When she debuts, she could just be landing in Alola, and would later get new clothing. Also, they could meet Cynthia on those cold mountains. She would need warmer clothes there.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom