• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Cynthia vs Lance

Cynthia. Shes hawt is it legal to say that as a girl? and because she has a strong team.

And for some reason I dislike Lance.

Lance is the best!!!!!!

Also, Gyarados is faster than Togekiss and can kill it with Ice Fang, and Charizard would wreck Lucario with Flamethrower.

And which of Lance's many teams are we basing this off of? Because if we're talking HGSS champion 2nd battle, Lance wrecks Cynthia easily.

Right, because Cynthia's Milotic can't oneshot Lance's Altaria, Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp with one Ice Beam as well as Charizard with one Surf. Nope. Not at all.

And because her Garchomp (the highest leveled Pokemon of any Champion) can't pick up the slack should Milotic fail.

As for Gyarados, pick your Poison: die horribly to Roserade, die horribly to Spiritomb, die horribly to Lucario, die horribly to Garchomp, die horribly to Togekiss or die horribly to any combination of the above.

Lance just can't handle Cynthia. Sorry.

Lance. Cynthia was just some woman who cured Psyduck headaches in DP, and in Platinum she was trying to hard to have that same badass charm that Lance and Steven had, appearing way too often and generally being an annoying nuisance (Especially when she's just idly standing by in the Distortion world as you fight Cyrus).
If they would fight against each other, Cynthia would probably win, though.

Chyntia would win, monotype teams = fail against variated teams.

Cynthia. Shes hawt is it legal to say that as a girl?

I say that Leonardo di Capro is hot, so I see no problem in that.

Cynthia has Ice Beam, therefore automatically wins.

I'm for Cynthia. Nice to see a woman in the position of League Champion (will that ever happen again ?). Also her battle theme was breathtaking, plus there was the black battlefield in Platinum which increased even more the epicness of the situation. Cynthia also happened to have one of my favourite Pokemons : Garchomp.

I'd say Cynthia, since she was only beat by one person (Dawn or Lucas)...Lance, meanwhile, lost to three people, two consecutively.

I do like Lance though.

He has bitch-ass theme in HGSS. One my favourite pieces of music in the Pokemon series.

But Lance is so easy to beat if you have a Milotic with Ice Beam...

Ice Beam is basically a dragon killer, we all know that.

Switch in Gyarados or Charizard, they they take the hit and hit back with thunder fang/punch.

Right, because Cynthia's Milotic can't oneshot Lance's Altaria, Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp with one Ice Beam as well as Charizard with one Surf. Nope. Not at all.

And because her Garchomp (the highest leveled Pokemon of any Champion) can't pick up the slack should Milotic fail.

As for Gyarados, pick your Poison: die horribly to Roserade, die horribly to Spiritomb, die horribly to Lucario, die horribly to Garchomp, die horribly to Togekiss or die horribly to any combination of the above.

Lance just can't handle Cynthia. Sorry.

Lance had a Garchomp too.

Switch in Gyarados or Charizard, they they take the hit and hit back with thunder fang/punch.

Are you serious? Have you ever seen Milotic's stats? She can easily take weak ThunderPunches from Charizard all day long and recover the damage. Additionally, she can OHKO it with Surf. Gyarados doesn't learn ThunderFang to my knowledge.

Lance had a Garchomp too.

Yes, but Cynthia's is higher leveled and thus faster and stronger. Furthermore, Cynthia's Garchomp is more significant than Lance's because her STAB easily picks off two thirds of his team whereas his Garchomp's STABs takes out one third of hers. Her Garchomp has a clear advantage over his.

Are you serious? Have you ever seen Milotic's stats? She can easily take weak ThunderPunches from Charizard all day long and recover the damage. Additionally, she can OHKO it with Surf. Gyarados doesn't learn ThunderFang to my knowledge.

Yes, but Cynthia's is higher leveled and thus faster and stronger. Furthermore, Cynthia's Garchomp is more significant than Lance's because her STAB easily picks off two thirds of his team whereas his Garchomp's STABs takes out one third of hers. Her Garchomp has a clear advantage over his.

Meh. Lance is still a better champion though.

Cynthia all the way.
Lance is just a pushover. I beat him with a Mamoswine with Ice shard and Stone Edge. Not even ice beam.
Cynthia was so hard. Milotic, Lucario and Garchomp are something else entirely. Not to mention perfect IVs
Plus her design is better and is a more interesting character

Lance is approximately 53.8 times cooler than Cynthia. And that's all I care about.

Cynthia, as she has a much more diverse and balanced team than Lance, and I like her interest in mythology.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom