• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

CynthiaLover's Brainstorming Blog (Psychic Duelist Django version)

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Okay, like the title states, I'm doing another brainstorming blog. This time for Psychic Duelist Django, my older series that was put on hiatus for many years due to personal reasons before recently getting hit with a Monster Reborn and returning to the field in Attack Mode. I'm trying to come up with scenarios and Duels for the final season of PDD. Outside of ones that are already established (such as Django's final Duel with Lucifer) and ones that have been recently cooked up (like Surge VS Roger), I need a few more ideas to build up the final season. Also, there will be something of a Millennium World-like arc near the tail end of the series, which explains the origins of Duel Monsters and how the Spirit/Bloodlust war began, which will shape the final Duels in the series. As always any suggestions are welcome. Some of my current ideas are below.

(Note: none are in any particular order)
1) Django VS Lucifer, final battle
2) Django VS Astral Spirit, final Duel in series
3) Cody VS Zweite
4) Django VS Surge
5) Surge VS Roger
6) Django VS Roger
7) Cody VS Roger
8) Django VS Onyx
9) Origins of Duel Monsters and Spirit/Bloodlust war

Some possible ideas are wanting to give Kain some attention (even though the current arc is mostly about him) so he can show off some of his new cards more. But I'd rather it not be against Django, since he's got his plate full right now. And maybe some suggestions for Tempest, Leo, and Fiona, since they've had only a few Duels this season. Any ideas are welcome so feel free to post a suggestion or two. Thanks in advance.

Thanks to some brainstorming this morning I created another scenario for the cast. This time it's a Duel between Kain and Roger, with both pulling out new cards. Obviously, Kain wins in a resounding fashion, as only Django is strong enough to deal with him, as he deliberately took minor damage to ensure that Roger couldn't win.

Also, I forgot one more scenario that I've had planned for a while: Draco reuniting with his family, who had gone into hiding after stealing information from Lucifer but got separated from Draco in the process. So that scenario will be taking place soon enough.

Just a small update on what I've got thus far.

Came up with a few more scenarios.

One leads into the aforementioned scenario where Draco is reunited with his family. It consists of a Duel between him and Samuel Suave, who is trying to steal Cinder away from him, resulting in said Duel. Draco wins by a landslide, forcing Samuel to back down (for now, as he doesn't give up easily when it comes to trying to steal women from other men), which immediately leads into Draco's family reuniting with him, along with revealing why they went into hiding: they stole a crucial element from Lucifer that pretty much changes the entire outcome of the final battle with him.

Another scenario I came up with is Tempest VS Ted Nightly, an old bully from Django's days in the orphanage. Ted uses Insect monsters as a means of preying upon Django's fear of them. Tempest, who is not only fed up of Ted trying to bully the vastly superior (and effectively a demigod) Django, along with wanting Ted to stop calling her a "pompom girl", Duels him. She creams him using her Windwitch monsters and some new Extra Deck monsters, one of which has some in-universe lore to it that ties into a previous event that happened at the end of Season 4 and hinted briefly during another Duel in Season 5 (coincidentally, that Duel was also against Ted).

Been toying with an idea for about a day now for this series. It's not the first time I've had this idea but I've been ping-ponging back and forth with it so I figured I'd get some outside opinions.

I was wondering if I should do a Capsule Monsters segment for the series? While the Capsule Monsters anime is questionable in terms of canon storyline, I figured that this version could help tie into the Millennium World-like arc that'll take place afterward. It could act as a bridge to how things worked in the ancient days despite it being something of a parallel world, since it would still be connected to the Psykinoxes and their history (Astral, as in Django's ancestor, would've made the temple where the Capsule Monster world resides). While the main villain won't be Alexander the Great, it will be someone similar in that regard, albeit one that only the Psykinoxes know about because the main villain was a Psykinox from ancient times (though not a Bloodlust family member). I even have a couple of ideas for what monsters the gang gets. Does this sound like a good idea? Let me know.

Update time.

Still mulling over the idea of adding in a Capsule Monsters segment to the story. But in preparation if I decide to go through with it I made a list of what Capsule Monsters the gang will have. Unlike when Yugi and co went through the Capsule Monster world, the gang gains several more monsters. When it comes to Django's list he develops a mentality that everything is his fault whenever he and the gang go somewhere, so whenever he sees a capsule he'll unlock it the first chance he gets, which is why his is so long. Also, these are all monsters that exist in their decks, sans Noble's list, which are random since his deck is never shown in-series (he runs a Black Luster Solder deck normally, but his one on-screen Duel he used an Abyss Actor deck). Also, any time you see a "->" it means the monster evolved into a new form, or in some cases fused with another monster to become a new one. Here's the list thus far, though I might change it, depending on how I feel.

Main Character’s Capsule Monsters

Django:

* Celtic Guardian

* Curse of Dragon -> Sky Galloping Gaia the Dragon Champion

* Kuriboh

* Dark Magician -> Magician of Black Chaos

* Dark Magician Girl

* Vampire Lord

* Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight -> Sky Galloping Gaia the Dragon Champion

* Junk Warrior

* Odd-Eyes Dragon -> Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon

* Number 39: Utopia

Tempest:

* Windwitch – Glass Bell

* Shining Elf

* Harpie Queen

* Stardust Dragon

* Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk

Cody:

* Baby Dragon

* Panther Warrior

* Heroic Champion – Excalibur

* Red-Eyes Black Dragon

* Number 54: Lion Heart

Jack:

* Beaver Warrior

* Fire Princess

* Wattaildragon

* Shovel Crusher

* Number 63: Shamoji Soldier

Leo:

* Penguin Soldier

* The Legendary Fisherman

* Submersible Carrier Aero Shark

* Black Ray Lancer

* Number 47: Nightmare Shark

Fiona:

* Rose Fairy

* Rose Paladin

* Queen Angel of Roses

* Black Rose Dragon

* Number 87: Queen of the Night

Noble:

* Summoned Skull

* Nekogal #1

* Mystic Horseman

* Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts -> Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast

* Berfomet -> Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast

* Airknight Parshath

This is the list thus far. Note that this list is the total monster list, as some do get destroyed at one point or another. Noble's Summoned Skull, for example, is destroyed rather early on (at least according to my rough plans) to show the consequences of what happens when a monster owned by someone is destroyed. And you can bet the final battle is a bloodbath in multiple ways. Also, when a monster is destroyed in the Capsule Monster world, it's gone for good. And if a Fusion Monster is destroyed both its components are destroyed with it. And as a final bit, if all the monsters owned by someone are destroyed they die along with them, not just in the final battle, so the stakes are higher compared to the Capsule Monster anime, thus having multiple monsters on-hand is crucial for survival (which further feeds into Django's mentality during this time). It also means that, unlike Solomon Muto from the Capsule Monsters anime, Noble plays a bigger role, being more active in the fights and trials and not just a bystander/translator. And the monsters are listed in order of when the gang gets them (sans Noble, who has been in the Capsule Monster world for a bit now, so his are in order of appearance instead).

This should do for a start. I'm currently brainstorming the monsters in the main villain's and his vassals' arsenals, having come up with a few but I'm not totally sold on them yet. It'll make the final battle a full 7 VS 7 in terms of people (in terms of monsters, that is still up in the air). If anyone wants to offer a suggestion they're free to do so. Until next time.

Last edited:
Forgot to post this earlier. Finished the Capsule Monster List for the villain and his vassals. I'm not totally sold on it, though, as I feel it could be better, or with more interesting monsters. Well, here it is.

Infinity and his Vassals’ Capsule Monsters

Infinity:

* Five-Headed Dragon

* Gate Guardian

* Vampire Genesis

* Red Dragon Archfiend

* Zera the Mant

* Metalzoa

* Skull Knight

* Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger

Vassal #1:

* Rabid Horseman

* Mad Archfiend

* Monster Tamer

* Great Mammoth of Goldfine

* Thunder King Rai-Oh

Vassal #2:

* Dragon Zombie

* Archfiend Soldier

* Great Moth

* Mystery Shell Dragon

* Underground Arachnid

Vassal #3:

* Reaper of the Cards

* Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon

* Shadow Ghoul

* Archfiend Zombie Skull

* Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth

Vassal #4:

* Two-Headed King Rex

* Dark Elf

* Barrel Dragon

* Driven Daredevil

* Legendary Flame Lord

Vassal #5:

* Swordstalker

* Mystical Sand

* Amazoness Swords Woman

* Grenosaurus

* Super War-Lion

Vassal #6:

* Crimson Sunbird

* X-Head Cannon

* Strike Ninja

* Night Papilloperative

* Metal Dragon

As you can see, a healthy mix of various types of monsters, such as Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Ritual, and so on, with plenty of evolutions or Fusion-like monsters (like Gate Guardian). Again, I'm not totally sold on this list yet, as I feel it could be better or have more interesting monsters. Only Infinity's list I feel decently confident with, since he's the main villain of the arc, thus he gets the biggest beaters and such.

Also, for context, Infinity the Infinite is a Psykinox warlord who pretty much made Alexander the Great look like a washed-up has-been, having conquered 5/6ths of the world before his empire crumbled. The other Psykinoxes didn't approve of him or his methods, and quickly reversed his handiwork and erased any traces of him from history once he disappeared, only allowing their own race to know about him and his "legacy" in order to prevent more problems and act as an example. This is because he entered the temple where Astral set up the Capsule Monster world to test people and weed out potential threats, with the promise of the power to control the world as the reward. Infinity, who by that point had been corrupted with his hunger for power and desire to rule, entered it along with six vassals who remained by his side even after his days as a conquer were falling apart. He passed the five trials but was denied the prize, which caused him to lash out and pretty much destroy himself and his remaining vassals, with his soul splitting in two due to Astral's defense mechanisms he put in the temple. His good half got stuck in the Capsule Monsters world while his evil half was trapped in the temple, along with the souls of his vassals. When Django and co get into the mix it results in the 7 VS 7 battle for the power to control the world. I think you can figure out how it plays out.

That's about what I've got so far. I've also managed to figure out one of the trials the gang must face (specifically, the second trial, which I won't say here because I'm still ironing out some kinks in it), though I'm still working on it. I do also have the framework for how the first two trials play out (first trial is soloed by Django, the second trial Cody, Jack, Leo, Fiona, and Noble handle, as Django is out of commission from exhaustion), so I at least have that laid out. Any suggestions for monsters or ideas for trials are welcome, as I don't want to directly copy the Capsule Monsters anime.

That's all for now.

Last edited:
Update time.

Thanks to a few suggestions from a friend I've since updated both Capsule Monsters list for both the good and bad guys. First, the main cast.

Main Character’s Capsule Monsters

Django:
  • Celtic Guardian
  • Curse of Dragon -> Sky Galloping Gaia the Dragon Champion
  • Kuriboh
  • Dark Magician -> Magician of Black Chaos
  • Dark Magician Girl
  • Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
  • Vampire Lord
  • Swift Gaia the Fierce Knight -> Sky Galloping Gaia the Dragon Champion
  • Junk Warrior
  • Odd-Eyes Dragon -> Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
  • Number 39: Utopia

Tempest:
  • Windwitch – Glass Bell
  • Shining Elf
  • Harpie Queen
  • Clear Wing Synchro Dragon
  • Stardust Dragon
  • Number 42: Galaxy Tomahawk

Cody:
  • Baby Dragon -> Thousand Dragon
  • Panther Warrior
  • Time Wizard -> Thousand Dragon
  • Divine Knight Ishzark
  • Heroic Champion – Excalibur
  • Red-Eyes Black Dragon
  • Number 54: Lion Heart

Jack:
  • Beaver Warrior
  • Fire Princess
  • Magical Android
  • Wattaildragon
  • Shovel Crusher
  • Number 63: Shamoji Soldier

Leo:
  • Penguin Soldier
  • The Legendary Fisherman
  • Submersible Carrier Aero Shark
  • Black Ray Lancer -> Full-Armored Black Ray Lancer
  • Fortress Whale
  • Number 47: Nightmare Shark

Fiona:
  • Rose Fairy
  • Rose Paladin
  • Queen Angel of Roses
  • Queen of Thorns
  • Black Rose Dragon
  • Number 87: Queen of the Night

Noble:
  • Summoned Skull
  • Nekogal #1
  • Mystic Horseman
  • Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts -> Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast
  • Berfomet -> Chimera the Flying Mythical Beast
  • Thunder Dragon
  • Airknight Parshath

Now for the villain and his vassals.

Infinity and his Vassals’ Capsule Monsters

Infinity:
  • Five-Headed Dragon
  • Gate Guardian
  • Vampire Genesis
  • Red Dragon Archfiend
  • Zera the Mant
  • Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
  • Metalzoa
  • Skull Knight
  • Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
  • Destiny HERO – Dystopia

Vassal #1:
  • Rabid Horseman
  • Mad Archfiend
  • Ancient Gear Knight
  • Great Mammoth of Goldfine
  • Thunder King Rai-Oh
  • Steam Gyroid

Vassal #2:
  • Dragon Zombie
  • Archfiend Soldier
  • Elemental HERO Rampart Blaster
  • Mystery Shell Dragon
  • Underground Arachnid
  • Ojama Knight

Vassal #3:
  • Reaper of the Cards
  • Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon
  • Shadow Ghoul
  • Cyber Dragon
  • Archfiend Zombie Skull
  • Gaia Knight, the Force of Earth

Vassal #4:
  • Two-Headed King Rex
  • Dark Elf
  • Barrel Dragon
  • Red-Eyes Zombie Dragon
  • Driven Daredevil
  • Legendary Flame Lord

Vassal #5:
  • Swordstalker
  • Mystical Sand
  • Amazoness Swords Woman
  • Fire King Avatar Kirin
  • Grenosaurus
  • Super War-Lion

Vassal #6:
  • Crimson Sunbird
  • X-Head Cannon
  • Strike Ninja
  • Cyber Blader
  • Night Papilloperative
  • Metal Dragon

As you can see, I've upped the number of monsters in each group, mostly by 1 (technically 2 for Cody due to Time Wizard fusing with Baby Dragon). I've also added in some GX era monsters, mainly in the villain's list due to lack of representation. I've also given the maximum amount of monsters one can have to both Django and Infinity (10), which I'll explain why in a moment (mostly from Django's angle).

Django develops a mentality that everything is his fault whenever the gang ends up in a dangerous situation, thus he wants to have as many resources as possible to protect the gang even if at the cost of his life. It basically ends up being a deconstruction of the chronic hero syndrome, because he wants to take the brunt of everything to protect the gang, even if he gets hurt or even killed. Fortunately, he does break this mentality during the trials, especially after characters like Cody and Tempest throw this argument back at him, but early on he wants to get as many resources as possible to protect the gang. He ends up with the maximum amount of monsters one can have (10) since the mentality causes him to open any capsule he sees the first chance he gets. He does lighten up, especially during the final battle, but he's so used to bad things happening to those he cares about because he's got a huge target on his back that he starts blaming himself for pretty much anything that goes wrong. Thus it's why he gets the most monsters and often upgrades them out of the group. As for Infinity, more monsters means more power for him to flex, more fodder when needed, and more ways to "prove" his superiority.

Also, I've ironed out the nature of the first trial. The gang needs to silence a White Night Queen and her minions while in white-out conditions. Django largely soloes this one, as he learns how the Duel Armor he has works and is able to pretty much curb-stomp her and her minions. This, however, leaves him too drained to participate in the second trial, leaving it up to the gang while he recovers. (Technically, Django isn't aware that the gang, sans Tempest who stays behind to protect him while he rests, take on the 2nd trial at first, as they decide to tackle it to repay him while he sleeps. He learns about it after recovering, which by that point they're almost done with the second part, but it does prove to him that they can handle themselves, thus starts breaking his aforementioned mentality.) Now I just gotta figure out the remaining three trials.

That's all for now, especially since I'm still nursing an injured arm. Until next time.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom