• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cynthia's Garchomp Gender

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTOldMan

Reaction score
According to Bulbapedia, Cynthia's Garchomp is female.

When was its gender confirmed? And how?

Are you kidding? Gender differences confirmed it upon sight.

It's called "gender differences".

445ps.png
445f.png

Garchomp doesn't have a notch on her fin, making her a female.

And before anyone wants to refute that, yes, gender differences do exist in the anime. They've been shown several times.

I notice a trainer's "staple pokemon" tends to share the same gender as the trainer him/herself. I'm only talking about the NPCs though...not the playable character.

I'm not sure if we can be 100% sure of that until we ever see the male version of Garchomp... cause for all we know, they just randomly chose to use that version and didn't care about the gender thing
With May's Venusaur I'd say it was confirmation of it being female because they never drew Venusaur like that before, so they clearly wanted to confirm it as a female, but with Garchomp we didn't get to see another one to be sure they intentually made Cynthia's female...
I don't know, I think it's hard to say it's 100% female just cause of that...

I'm not sure if we can be 100% sure of that until we ever see the male version of Garchomp... cause for all we know, they just randomly chose to use that version and didn't care about the gender thing
With May's Venusaur I'd say it was confirmation of it being female because they never drew Venusaur like that before, so they clearly wanted to confirm it as a female, but with Garchomp we didn't get to see another one to be sure they intentually made Cynthia's female...
I don't know, I think it's hard to say it's 100% female just cause of that...

We got Ash's Male Gible, they did draw the notch on his fin. :)

We got Ash's Male Gible, they did draw the notch on his fin. :)

Well, ok then... though I'm still not sure if to view this as confirmation... I wish they could just officially reveal genders of everyone and that's it XD (though they almost started to do it recently with all the Attract spamming)

And before anyone wants to refute that, yes, gender differences do exist in the anime. They've been shown several times.

And when they don't, they use the male design as default, so obviously gender differences are in play.

Also, since she's a game character and we're to assume her Pokemon are lifted from the games as well, Cynthia's Garchomp is female in the games.

I love how we've got definite, visual confirmation of Gaburias's gender since her first appearance... and some people are still finding cause to argue about it. I thought people refusing to accept that Satoshi's Lizardon being male was bad enough.

I love how we've got definite, visual confirmation of Gaburias's gender since her first appearance... and some people are still finding cause to argue about it. I thought people refusing to accept that Satoshi's Lizardon being male was bad enough.

The poor, dead horse will never be put to rest, WatcherMark.

Locking this thread, since the OP's question has been answered, and it seems to be wandering a bit off-topic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom