• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[CYOA] Pokémon: Lyra's Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanaReiGirl

Time's Authoress
Reaction score
Well, I've kinda wanted to do this on some other site that I won't mention, but I didn't. Because I didn't have the guts, and stuff. But now, after reading through Kyain's story, (Pokémon: Choose Your Own Adventure!), I guess I'm willing to give it a try. As the title suggests, this will be a CYOA of HGSS... for people who don't know (I'm sure everyone here knows, right?), HGSS is the remakes of Gold and Silver that takes place in GenIV.

Anyways, I'm hoping this won't turn our horribly... I'm kinda new at this, so this might be horrible.
(If anything here offends you or violates any rule, please tell me so...)

7eEWozZ.png

Beginning:
You wake up from a weird dream and rub your eyes. Huh, that was weird... you tell yourself. A dream about a perverted old man who asks you for your name and tells you about Pokémon... I must be having some weirder imaginations inside my mind, you conclude to yourself. Shrugging, you get off the bed and change your clothes.

You walk over to your computer, checking for mails. Not so surprisingly, you find one- from your friend, Ethan. You check the contents. It said;
"ADVENTURE! EXCITED! I love POKéMON!
- Ethan
"

You roll your eyes as you snicker at your friend's childish excited nature. You walk down the stairs, only for your mother to walk up to you. "Oh, Lyra, you're up!"

Confused, you watch as she hands you your bag (what was it doing with your mother anyways?), your new Trainer Card, a notepad she says to use to 'save your progress', and a wrench. You raise an eyebrow, but receive no response regarding the wrench. Instead, she tells you, "Professor Elm has been waiting for you, dear. Please, go and help him." and continues watching the television.

Grunting, you walk out your house and look around. Suddenly, a Marill runs into you. You stutter a short '-oof!' before getting up, wondering how a Marill of all things knocked you down. It looks at you innocently before rushing to its Trainer, who is also your friend, Ethan. The two then leaves without a word.

You glared. Shrugging it off, you walk towards the lab, but you pause once you see a red-haired boy peaking into the lab through the windows. You raise an eyebrow at this and wonder what to do.

What will you do?
Choice 1: Ignore the boy and enter the lab anyways.
Choice 2: Ask the red-haired boy what he was doing.
Choice 3: Run towards Route 29, screaming 'FREEEDOOOOMMMMM!'.
Choice 4: Pray for no reason.

Trainer Stats
Spr_LyraHGSSstart.png

Name: Lyra Kotone
ID Number: 53129
Money: $3000
Items: Nothing

Party
000MS.png

Spr_3r_000.png

Name: N/A
Species: N/A
Moves: N/A

PC Box
BOX 1
000MS.png

Spr_3r_000.png

Last edited:
3, because who needs Pokémon.

also talking to random red haired children will get you punched sooo

Lol, first three votes are all different. Just a notice, the first vote to get three votes will be selected. I'll make sure to read thoroughly through the posts before I make another post. As for being online, I will either;
  • come online really frequently
  • or always be online for a long amount of time

Anyways, current votings are;
"Ignore the boy and enter the lab anyways." - 1 vote
"Ask the red-haired boy what he was doing." - 1 vote
"Run towards Route 29, screaming 'FREEEDOOOOMMMMM!'." - 1 vote
"Pray for no reason." - 0 vote

I'll just be waiting patiently.

Lol, thanks. I guess that means we'll go with FREEDOM, huh...

Run towards Route 29, screaming FREEEDOOOOMMMMM!:
Deciding to screw the lab and that suspiciously suspicious boy, you turn towards Route 29 and take in a deep breath. "FREEEDOOOOMMMMM!!!" you scream out loud, running towards your ticket out of town.
As you feel the air rush through your hair, you smile. Your mission has been accomplished.
The End... or is it?

A random girl standing outside for no reason notices you running towards your freedom. "Wait, Lyra!" she exclaims, catching up to you and grabbing your hand despite the fact that you were still running and the woman was simply walking. "What do you think you're doing? Get a Pokémon first before you start your adventure!" she scolds you.

Pouting, you head inside the lab to get away from the lady. You forget all about that red-haired boy peeking through the window. You look around and drop your jaw in awe. "Whoa!"

Professor Elm smiles as he notices you. "Oh, Lyra! You're here! I've been waiting for you." he pats you on the back. You shiver a bit, because... he's old. But you'd rather keep that quiet. "You know what I'm researching, right? Pokémon used to stay outside with their trainers before Pokéballs were invented, you know... like your friend Ethan does." he says.

You nod and ask him how that is related to why he called you. He laughs. "Well, Lyra, I want you to take a Pokémon, start a journey where you possibly have to save the world, and walk alongside your Pokémon!" he shouts, excited. Moments later, he gets a mail on his thingamajick and you wait for him to finish. When he does, he tells you about his acquaintance Mr. Pokémon and about the Pokémon Egg that this acquaintance of his wants him to investigate. "I know! Why don't you go investigate the egg with whatever Pokémon you choose?" he requests.

Sighing, you nod and walk over to the machine containing three Pokéballs. You examine them and the details next to each Pokéball, short unhelpful details about the Pokémon inside.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Spr_5b_158.png
Spr_5b_152.png
Spr_5b_155.png

TOTODILE (Lvl 5)
WaterIC_Big.png

CHIKORITA (Lvl 5)
GrassIC_Big.png

CYNDAQUIL (Lvl 5)
FireIC_Big.png

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-​

Who will you pick?
Choice 1: Pick Totodile.
Choice 2: Pick Chikorita.
Choice 3: Pick Cyndaquil.
Choice 4: I DEMAND THE MIGHTY MAGIKARP.

Trainer Stats
Spr_LyraHGSSstart.png

Items: Nothing

Party
000MS.png

Spr_3r_000.png

PC Box
BOX 1
000MS.png

Spr_3r_000.png

Everyone likes little alligators. The Totodile.

I DEMAND THE MIGHTY MAGIKARP

Or at lease a Totodile.

Choice 1: Pick Totodile. - 3 votes
Choice 2: Pick Chikorita. - 0 vote
Choice 3: Pick Cyndaquil. - 0 vote
Choice 4: I DEMAND THE MIGHTY MAGIKARP. - 1 vote

Welp, Totodile wins... I was hoping for Chikorita though, it was extremely cute... but eh.

Pick Totodile:
You grab the Pokéball to the your left and open it. Out came a small blue crocodile/alligator/what's-the-difference that smiles upon recognizing you as its new trainer. The Pokémon, apparently called a Totodile, jumps happily and cuddles up against your leg.
"Uhh..." you mutter, unsure of what to do.

Professor Elm smiles to you and asks you what you would want to name the Totodile. You decide to name it Toto, since your new Totodile is a male. "Mr. Pokémon lives a bit past Cherrygrove City, so you might want to train your Totodile on some wild Pokémons on the way." he tells you. "If it gets injured, you can walk back here and use the machine and PC on my desk to heal your Totodile! Although it's probably better and faster to use the Pokémon Center at Cherrygrove City..." he grumbles under his breath. "Anyways, good luck, Lyra!"

As you walk out the lab, a scientist suddenly grabs you arm. "Lyra, wait!" he says. "I want you to have these." he hands you some Potions, telling you that Pokémons start out as weak so you may need to heal them sometimes. You nod.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
You received Potions x5!

Outside, your friend Ethan awaits you. He smiles upon seeing you and your new Pokémon. "Oh, Lyra! I see that you've picked... a Totodile! That's cute, you know." he muses, as his Marill runs around your Totodile, who seems to be cowering behind you as if he was scared of Marill. "I think Marill likes your Totodile... Hahaha." Then he turns to your house. "You should show it to your mom first, you know." he said.

Your friend walks off without any word with his Marill, and you are left standing there before walking towards your house.
"Oh? That's a cute Pokémon you have there!" your mother compliments while your Totodile looks around your house. "Huh? Professor Elm gave you a mission?" she asks once you tell her you have to do a task for the professor. After listening for a while, she nods. "Oh well... I understand. Anyways, the repair is done with your Pokégear!" she hands you your Pokégear, explaining to you how to use it despite you having used it before already. You just somehow broke it and you just couldn't remember how you broke it in the first place.

Following that, you exit your house and walk towards Route 29. You made sure not to scream FREEEEDOM this time because, honestly, you didn't want to be viewed as a weirdo in front of your Totodile now, did you? As you take a step, someone stops you once again. It's Professor Elm. "Wait, Lyra!" he says. Walking over to you, he grabs your Pokégear and enters his number. "I'm giving you my number, so call me if anything bad happens, okay?" Then he walks back to his lab.

You roll your eyes and continue your walk to Route 29. A peaceful tune registers itself into your mind as you walk through the fresh area, the breeze crashing into your face. You could seriously live out here in the wild if it was going to be this peaceful.

Now... what should you do?
Choice 1: Train against a Pidgey.
Choice 2: Train against a Sentret.
Choice 3: Train against Rattata.
Choice 4: Train against a Hoothoot in the middle of the day.
Choice 5: Head on straight to Cherrygrove City!

Trainer Stats
Spr_LyraHGSSstart.png

Items:
Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
x5

Party
158MS.png

Spr_5b_158.png

Name: Toto (Lvl 5)
Species: Totodile (Big Jaw Pokémon)
Moves: Scratch, Leer,

PC Box
BOX 1
000MS.png

Spr_3r_000.png

Last edited:
Choice 4.

Well. Totodile can headbut to get the sleepy Hoothoot, right?

Well, we currently need one more vote for Hoothoot to progress. Ooooorrrr we could wait for more... (three votes on one choice to progress further, in case there might be some late voters or something of that sort.)

Choice 1: Train against a Pidgey. - 0 vote
Choice 2: Train against a Sentret. - 1 vote
Choice 3: Train against Rattata. - 0 vote
Choice 4: Train against a Hoothoot in the middle of the day. - 2 votes
Choice 5: Head on straight to Cherrygrove City! - 0 vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom