• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

D/P cast REVEALED?

I knew May was gonna be leavin! I get a cookie. Wow the new clothes of Ash look cool, diferent from that other scan

It's not that different. (The hat is still blue.) The only difference I can find is in the jacket and Ash's arm is obstructing it so it may still be the same one.

FINNALY! A new male character with Pokemon...

People telling themselves this isn't the cast are in denial...

No Zack....

That could be Zack, he just doesn't wear the helmet constantly. You'd look pretty stupid wearing a miner's helmet all day. Though this si a show wear idiots run around in Team Rocket uniforms in broad daylight.

No Aipom in the picture either, hopefully that means we'll only get one ape to drive me ape.

Oooh, an entire new travelling team (*Except Ash of course*) an interesting turn of events, change the girl he travels with AND the guy, I can't wait to see what these new characters are like and what their roles in the show are~!

Also I personally wouldn't be suprised if they ran Hoso's on May's adventure in Johto. If you think about it, the first lot of hosos ran through the beginning of AG, why not do the same for the beginning of DP only focus on May more? It would be nice if they did that, then both sides are happy XD;

But eh, whatever, no matter what, this new travelling cast for Ash I'm gonna enjoy, I'm sure :3 They look like fun~!

And this guy could have a purpose. The underround world perhaps? Who knows, maybe there will Capture the Flag competitions.

man it's going to be so great when pokemon ends though when you have all the characters like may misty brock tracy and these new guys at Ash's winning of the Pokemon League...that's going to be a moment I look foward to.

Keep May Misty Brock Max Tracy all gone for awhile though so I can miss them to a great extent.

Not even I was expecting this. Who knows what this new guy does.

Based on the look of that character, I would've been prepared to mark him down as a rival character, but given that Takeshi was in the same position on the AG poster with Satoshi, Haruka and Masato....who knows. He's certainly a whole different look if he is a new main cast member.

I think we need more information at this point, really. A poster only tells us who the main characters of the series are, not their positions relative to each other, or even if they'll be travelling together.

Yaaaaaaaay! New trio!

I'm v. v. v. sad indeed that Brock's gone, but at least the AG191 preview gave me a few days' warning. Purple-haired guy looks bitchin'. I have a feeling he'll end up being shafted for Ash and Hikari, though - they've been advertised so much more than him, especially Hikari. I don't think the show could easily sustain three major quests, so I doubt he'll be the new co-ordinator. I'm hoping for him to have a supporting, but important, role. Like Misty before Johto.

As for Team Galaxy, is that true about the nine key agents? Haha, typical of the writers to take Hikari's non-competition-oriented quest and find a way to make her collect 'plot coupons' all the same. I bet each agent has a Special Item that Hikari has to claim from them and reassemble to save the world. LOL.

Or I could be talking crap. :p Anyhoo, DP looks cool, I still really hope Hikari isn't doing Super Contests, I'm glad that Ash didn't get the fire monkey, I'm really glad that the writers saw sense and took the group down to three because they clearly couldn't handle four, some specials showing how May (by which I mean Drew and Harley)'s getting on would be nice, and Gary had better make regular appearances coz he rocks.

Oh, and I heard something on SPPF about a sexy glasses guy. Anyone got pics? ;)

P.S. ya boo sucks to Advanceshipping. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Last edited:
Copy and paste this link's url go see all the latest scans if you haven't seen the link at Serebii or somewhere else (like in the Pokémon Video Games forum here...). Yay.

Can anyone make the pic bigger to focus on the new guy I can barely see him.
attachment.php

Oh, and I heard something on SPPF about a sexy glasses guy. Anyone got pics? ;)
I don't know if this is him, but:
attachment.php

Last edited:
I like the design of the purple haired guy. Even though he looks a lot like Jindai he still looks cool. As for May, Max, and Brock I am going to miss those folks. I enjoyed them a lot.

Edit: After comparing the purple haired guy to Hyouta (the first DP Gym leader) I think they look similar. Heck, they could be the same guys for all we know.

Last edited:
He has evil eyebrows. It makes me think he's a rival type character. No main character has had those eyebrows before.

Really can't wait to see where this goes.

Yeah, he looks rival-ish to me. But it would be weird to show him in the main cast poster if he was the rival. I guess we'll have to wait and see the first episodes of DP.

New Guy looks like a younger version of Jindai.

Damn. That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the scan. Maybe this guy is Jindai's son. :p

P.S. ya boo sucks to Advanceshipping. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Haha. You're terrible, Jo-Jo. :p

Anyway, things are looking pretty cool and interesting. I love Ash's new outfit. Oh and seems Zack wasn't a fake after all. *points to Kthleen's post* :O

One final thing: SEE YOU NEVER MAX MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now let's just hope that Hikari doesn't become May 2.0 and NEWGUY doesn't become Brock/Tracey 2.0.

May might be gone from the main series, but I'm almost positive we'll see her quest in Johto in random episodes down the road. May/Drew/Harley are popular characters and would warrent at least a few specials, and May's Blaziken is so cool!

Damn though, I never would have expected all of Ash's previous friends to just leave him. I wonder where Brock went?

Brock went off to not live in Ash's shadow and truly become a breeder. May realized she was nothing more than a R/S/E marketing tool, and got a job.

...as a waitress.

I wonder what will happen to Hikari when the 5th gen games come out.

I guess this proves we'll have a new girl join Ash for each gen now, while the previous one leaves.

Maybe Hikari falls in love with NEWGUY and they run off together somewhere.

At least Hikari's goal is obtainable within one saga.

Brock is probably spending some time at the Gym. And if we get May specials then I'm sure we will also get some Brock/Misty specials too.

May would need about 8 Hoso's to follow her Johto quest properly.

I really hope they start them up again now. More Misty/Tracey/Brock eps would be nice too.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom