• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

D/P comes out in the U.S. on April 22nd

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
So this would put the guesses for American PBR around what, June-July, outside chance of August? About what I expected.

Can't Touch Dis.
Reaction score
So this would put the guesses for American PBR around what, June-July, outside chance of August? About what I expected.
They could ape the Japanese release by putting it out in May. Especially since the two would be translated by two different teams (The team that does the main Pokemon games is always the same where available - the lead translator, Nob, is always the same anyway), there's no reason why they couldn't acheive a similar release pattern.

It'd probably be much better for PBR too, as it kinda requires you to buy D/P to play it properly anyway.

Might be tougher to expect the same in Europe though, what with there having to be at least 5 languages for both.

Meteorologist
Reaction score
It comes in time for the end of the spring semester at CMU. Meaning, when I'm not working I can build my latest team for butt kicking action.

Lying
Reaction score
Anyone been back to the page with the release date on it lately? It's gone back to simply saying "spring". Gotta love when they post info too soon.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I remember pre-DP people were hoping they would do it again. XD

Reaction score
Haha, I love the fact that Pokemon.com suddenly removed the April 22nd release date and replaced it with "Spring."

LOL, when that happens you know Nintendo is breathing down their necks at Pokemon.com.

Lying
Reaction score
Small note: Nintendo.com is officially acknowledging the games. Under release date it simple has "Announced" (shouldn't it be "To Be Announced"?). Also mentions how they're trying to "iron out" some of the connectivity portions. I suspect it's Wi-Fi related.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE
Reaction score
You know, you could probably get more accurate information from a runescape chatroom then you could on pokemon.com. Any word on the countdown?:party:

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
Wow, they're coming out in the end of April!!

But 4 months seems like so far away......

I was hoping they would release D/P in either Feb or March. Oh well, I guess April is good enough for me. I just hope I'll have the money for the games on the 22nd. Hehe, I'll beg my parents again, like I do every time a new set of Pokemon games comes out. XD

Anyway, I guess I could use these 4 months to continue working on the Battle Frontier in my Emerald version. I've been trying to get the other 6 symbols (I only have one symbol, because the computer's AI at the Battle Frontier is so hard to beat).

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
~TARDIS-Glomper~ said:
You know, you could probably get more accurate information from a runescape chatroom then you could on pokemon.com.
Why do people act as if the official website is some error-filled newbie hangout? Because, from what I've seen, it's the exact opposite.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE
Reaction score
For the most part it is, but it's a bit naive for them to think that what they've posted on the topic of D/P will be considered new information by nearly anyone in the fandom.

Pokémon Warlord
Reaction score
The confirmation of a US release, and the date are news. Remember, the fandom can speculate anything but until it is confirmed by an official source it is just speculation.

And you'd be surprised how many fans there are that don't traverse the online community, and only check Pokemon.com for information.

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
Besides, what are they supposed to do, not announce it? Kill all anticipation by unveiling every new Pokémon with new names at once?

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE
Reaction score
Sorry, I said that too bluntly. I just meant that it seems like (as it always does with new pokemon games) Pokemon.com knows less than most do. Now I know it's to please the majority who don't follow pokemon news religiously like some do. But, even if it is directed towards those people, Pokemon.com could at least give them some sign that they're not completely in the dark.

Pokémon Warlord
Reaction score
Pokemon.com knows more than we do in some cases, but that doesn't mean they release all the information have in every news article they post. (Example: the wait for the Manaphy code.) It's about anticipation, as Argy said.

Can't Touch Dis.
Reaction score
What I don't get, with Pokemon.com's DP section, is why on Earth they used the Beta screenshots.

It's difficult to imagine those even being included in the press pack for it, let alone the concept that they wouldn't realise they were Beta screens. I think it's safe to say that the people who work on Pokemon.com have at least some knowledge of the fansites littered around the net.