• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

D/P comes out in the U.S. on April 22nd

It seems that the Pokemon.com publishers made this article in the early stages of translation.

They probably are only allowed to use what Nintendo gives them. It's probably not PUSA's fault.

EDIT: Ah, the Mailbag's been updated.

Q: The information you have is old news to some. If you want to find out everything about-

A: I'm afraid we'll have to stop you there! We get lots of letters from people asking for more information about upcoming Pokémon releases fresh from Japan, but, you see, like many companies, we can't immediately release every piece of information we have. But rest assured, there's a reason for everything- we work with our compatriots in Japan to plan things out and make sure we don't get ahead of ourselves!

Last edited:
I think I know why that message was cut off, but that answer should have been obvious enough.

They cut it off fast enough to miss a typo- it now says "A brand new world is waiting for you on the Nintendo DS on this spring"... On this spring? Heeheehee.

I find that letter really funny. Whoever wrote it probably thought that their like one of like 2 people outside of Japan who knows about DP. I love people like that. They make my day.

My new NP mentioned the game came out on September 28th in Japan.....

Really rare for NOA to do that.

This is nice, considering my birthday is 4/20, therefore making it MUCH easier to convince them to make a preorder my present (and quite similar to when R/S came out in March..)

Damn, the styli are probably going to be DS Lite styli... IS THERE NO LOVE FOR THOSE TOO POOR FOR LITE?? I mean, even Toys R Us had a generic DS accessory set for their MD preorder...

Though that does save me the eventual trouble of buying those Pikachu/Plusle styli off PlayAsia.

Team Galactic... ewww. Stupid show on CN, taking the name Team Galaxy.

Considering it was on French Airwaves a couple of months before Team Galaxy (which isn't even official) was revealed in CoroCoro, a Japanese Magazine......

If there becomes and real contention over the name "change," I think I'm going to have to start shooting people.

*Reminded of the whole Rukario ordeal a few months back*

GALAXY IS BETTERU!

Whoa, wait, so it is Team Galactic?

When news of that Team Galaxy TV show popped up, I joked the most likely option for their English name was Galactic. Huh. XD

And if it is a DS Lite stylus, I'm glad I'm most likely getting a DS Lite for my birthday in late February. ^^

Galaxy's only real name is Ginga(sp?) Dan, which translate to Team Galaxy roughly.

Galactic isn't that bad. At least we didn't get another team on the pathetic level of GSC Rocket. ("Waaahh, where are you, Giovanni?!" Though the guy who stole the Machine Part from the Power Plant was funny)

But of course, like Chatot and Lucario, Team Galactic will be hated by some people for real because it isn't exactly what the Japanese version said.

GrnMarvl, please shoot me first.

Erm, Lucario is its Japanese name. Rukario was never really right.

Ginga means Milky Way, right? It's not like they could have been Team Milky Way with the G symbol. Galactic was a good choice.

I still don't see why anyone would bother to mysteriously tell Serebii the name Chatot. It's... like the most pointless thing ever to be all mystery source about. It's just a name, after all.

A name to us, but a person's job to someone else.

Or...so I've been told. XD

Galactic is all right, although Galaxy sounds better. It's acceptable, though.

Either way, I want to download a good game of Galaga. Or find an arcade that still has it.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom