• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

D/P comes out in the U.S. on April 22nd

Anyone who complains about the Galaxy-Galactic change should take a step back and look. If it was changed to circumvent copyright infringement, then, hey, it's not Nintendo's fault anyway.

Plus, the only reason we got the shortened Pokémon name (no matter how inconvenient Alt + 130 is...) was because something close to Pocket Monsters was copyrighted here.

Ah well. My Firefox countdown clock is set. Now to just finish training my SEVERAL Emerald teams...

Galaxy rolls off the tongue better.

But we'd be used to whatever PUSA had called them by the time we complete their storyline in the English version of the games.

Galaxy rolls off the tongue better because you've been saying it since before September. Believe me, galactic and galaxy aren't that different. Just give it time.

ic.
eeeee...

And "give it time" was my second point, that time being when we have seen the name in the game enough times.

Idiot that I am, I didn't see that last part. Sorry.

I'm amazed at how reasonable people have been over the change (considering the level that the Lucario madness got to). Worst I've seen is people just not liking it. I'm just shocked that no one's been screaming for PUSA's blood over this (like with Lucario, which actually LESS of a change). I'm pleasantly surprised. Maybe this is a sign that reason will prevail with all the language changes made in the games.

The only problem is that "Galactic" reminds me of that Beastie Boys song.

(Is not looking forward to all the "Intergalactic" AMVs that will inevitably pop up when TG eventually shows up in the anime)

And Habunake, that signature makes me want to go completely blind.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom