• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

D/P Girl...replacing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sceptile726 said:
Nothing like a teaser poster to send the entire anime community on its head.

The funny thing is the poster wasn't even anime artwork. For all we know, Coro Coro was speculating that she'd be in the anime this fall.

That would be funny. She ends up not being in the anime, after all of the worry about who she might replace and everything, we find out that they was no chance in it.

I don't know, I'd be pretty mad.

Doctor Oak said:
Ash is the representation of you as you play the Pokemon games.
Not since 1999. But if to account for a legitimate excuse besides the arguable popularity factor - the first generation games were compatible with the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance systems. That, granted, is not the case with the Nintendo DS.

Scott85 said:
Meh, I'd like to stick to Hikari getting her own series, while AG continues to follow the adventures of Ash and May.
A notable idea that seems to have occured to but a few. However, I suspect that you have not put much thought into this beyond the premise of allowing your favorite character not to fall into obscurity. Suggesting that Advanced Generation continue alongside the new series without considering the games represented by each, is quite simply wrong.

Let it be known that it is with the games in mind that I do find the idea all the more feasible. As a matter of technicality, it has already been noted by Sunain that the recently missing-in-action Team Ota could be working on the new series in advance, with Team Iguchi in charge of Advanced Generation. There is precedent to a parallel series in the side story arc of the Weekly Pokémon Broadcasting Station (which was indeed targeted at "making up" for the discontinuation of the original Pokémon series), whose place is now taken by Pokémon Sunday. Ideally, Advanced Generation would replace Pokémon Sunday come September 24 (Sunday of Diamond and Pearl's release week).

If you accept this theory, you should agree that Sevii Islands, and Sevii Islands alone, could be used as the setting of the continued series. There would be no point in two series taking place in Shinou. Incidentally, the final side story of the Weekly Pokémon Broadcasting Station was set in Knot Island.

My view on the third generation games is simple - their time has not come, even though another generation is imminent. I have good reason to believe that these games will be pushed to their potential once the Wii console is launched, that is, after Diamond and Pearl have been released. Not only that, but Game Freak has been reluctant to mark Diamond and Pearl's release as the end of the third generation, for unknown reasons to be made clear next month. This may come across as extremely vague, but an anime forum is not the place for further details.

As much as I tempted to elaborate on what this could mean for the series, my trust in the anime writers has been consistently shaken in the past few years, that I no longer have the desire to conjecture openly.

I think we should all wait for more info before we act like the Pokemon Anime world is gonna experience the second coming.

Unown Lord said:
Not since 1999. But if to account for a legitimate excuse besides the arguable popularity factor - the first generation games were compatible with the Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance systems. That, granted, is not the case with the Nintendo DS.

You in games = Do the Gym challenge
Ash in anime = Do the Gym challenge

You in games = The Hero
Ash in anime = The Hero

Nothing changing at all between then and now. :)

Oh and look, I can get my point across without five pages of needless rhetoric too :O.

First time posting in this site, wuts up people?
IMO, ash shouldn't be replaced. Seeing someone do what ash has been doing would be stupid. We've seen him from the start, its all been a learning experience for him something that is completely necessary to achieve what he wants to. I want him to finish his journey. I really dont want another trainer in there from the start making mistakes like he did, that will be like going back 8 years or so. I dunno its just my personal opinion that ash shouldn't be replaced.
As far as May goes i feel the same way. Replacing her and then watching another character do what she does is dumb. Scott has a good point (cyber,lol) Saori mopped the floor with may and she really isn't better then drew. She barely beat him, there are just too many holes to fill and if they replace one of these characters well then I prob wont watch the anime anymore but ofcourse thats just me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

Doctor Oak said:
You in games = Do the Gym challenge
Ash in anime = Do the Gym challenge

You in games = The Hero
Ash in anime = The Hero

Nothing changing at all between then and now. :)

Oh and look, I can get my point across without five pages of needless rhetoric too :O.
Except you missed the point. The character Ash was based off of (the R/G Hero) hasn't been the avatar for your adventures since the second generation came out. They've changed each time.

And Red in GS became a "legendary hero", so maybe that's new role for Ash?

Why noone came up with idea that new series would make a revolution... by turning into widescreen? xD

Well one thing's for sure Max has got to do something constructive this time round as I don't want him just standing their annomously occasionally giving advice for another 150 episodes. Has to be a more advanced Max or I would have to agree he's just giving up space for another male character. I guess the same would apply to Brock but I enjoy Brock's humor, at least he would stand out for something.

Well, you know, he did have a starring role in one of the greatest episodes and ever and one of the best movies. XD

I'm just don't want him standing there reading pokénav's the whole time, I mean another 150 eps of that, what's the point? Get him to do something constructive.

Doctor Oak said:
I mean, there's really nothing in that image. Diaruga and Parukia show that it's for Diamond and Pearl
I don't see Parukia and Diaruga in the anime artwork and I don't see them in the part of the scan about the TV anime. I only see them in the part of the scans about THE GAMES. Oh and they don't show that the anime is for Diamond and Pearl, that's what the new anime's logo does. It even says "Diamond and Pearl" under the "ポケットモンスター".

Doctor Oak said:
They aren't even anime images, just sugimori art plastered together.
Scott85 said:
The funny thing is the poster wasn't even anime artwork. For all we know, Coro Coro was speculating that she'd be in the anime this fall.
Yes it is. Not "they", there is only one picture about the TV anime. The rest is about the games so stop mixing that up. And the teaser poster IS anime artwork. What else would it be?! It certainly isn't artwork by Sugimori.

The image is a conventional Hikari in front of a conventional Parukia and Diaruga. Stop making a big deal out of little things.

I have no problem with Max in Hoenn as he was an interesting character with a number of epusodes but the writers seem to be low on ideas since he only had the Deoxys special in Battle Frontier. He definately needs to do something useful to justify going to the next saga.

^ He also got the Clefairy ep. I think maybe they cut back on Max this season because they had to focus heavily on Ash and May to cram the BF into a year, and... maybe because of the slight increase in Brock-centric eps.

nYoo said:
Yes it is. Not "they", there is only one picture about the TV anime. The rest is about the games so stop mixing that up. And the teaser poster IS anime artwork. What else would it be?! It certainly isn't artwork by Sugimori.

By "They" I was referring to Parukia, Diargua and Hikari seperately, not multiple posters. They are not drawn as they would be in the anime, they are not from a screencap of the anime. They are the sugimori official art copied and pasted over eachother.

Thanks for being so patronising instead of reading my post. :)

Except you missed the point. The character Ash was based off of (the R/G Hero) hasn't been the avatar for your adventures since the second generation came out. They've changed each time.

Except that wasn't the point I was making in the first place. What you quoted was. He is the metaphoric representation of you as you play the games. Who gives a stuff if he's not the exact same visual representation too - that's not important and G/S/C/Hoenn showed it wasn't.

I'm sorry, I forgot that Diaruga and Parukia are also on the anime poster. But still, it's NOT Sugimori art. Just compare the colors of Parukia and the way the pearl on its shoulder looks like. It's completely different from Sugimori art. I'd say it's art by possibly the same person who does the art for the movies (which isn't Sugimori).

Doctor Oak said:
They are not drawn as they would be in the anime, they are not from a screencap of the anime.
screen capture =/= anime artwork; oh and nobody claimed that this picture is a screen capture
game artwork (mostly by Sugimori) =/= anime artwork (by someone else, certainly not by Sugimori. Sugimori only makes sketches of movie characters.)

Doctor Oak said:
instead of reading my post. :)
That's your standard reply, right?

Last edited:
Jo Jo on Serebii came up with a great idea for Hikari

The idea I really really like that'll never happen is that in Shinou, trainers have to pair off into tag-battle teams when challenging each gym leader. So when Ash first gets there, he mopes for a bit because he doesn't have anyone to partner with. Then he meets Hikari, they battle and tie or something, are suitably impressed with each other and decide to travel together as tag-battlers. It'd be a great way to give Hikari a major role without needing to create a whole new sidestory for her (because she and Ash would be doing the same thing together), so May could even stay on and keep doing contests. And it'd be interesting when they got to the League and Ash and Hikari had to separate and face each other.

And did I mention how much I love to be the first one to post this topic on BMG and SPP and watch it turn into a hell of speculation? XD

EDIT: Come on Oak and nYoo, theirs no reason to be fighting over stuff.

Who's fighting? I have a lot of respect for Nyoo, which is why I didn't like it when he was so patronising in reply to my post.

Oh, well it just seemed like you guys were getting a little snippy at each other, I just don't like to see people get mad at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom