• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

D/P HMs

hm 1 cut
hm 2 ice blast (to get threw cliffs and stuff)
hm3 rock smash
hm4flash
hm5climb(to climb mountains)
hm6surf
hm7waterfall
hm8 fly

Sneasel12 said:
There is a counter to Dive, Surf.

ON TOPIC: I also think that Flash, Cut, Rock Smash, and Strength are useless in battle. Having a flashlight does sound like a good idea, and Melt could get rid of trees rocks and boulders, I do have to admit though, the fact that Surf will always be around stands tall, though it would be cool if it also had the abilities of Dive, Whirlpool, and Waterfall. And I just love the idea of Fire HM's and the idea of Headbutt actually coming back.

I believe the reference was to something that is 1x effective on more than approximately 1/5 of all the Pokemon that learn Dive.

I'd certainly disagree with the assertion that Strength is useless in battle. Strength is far from useless in battle. Its base number of 80 and accuracy of 100 make it a prime choice for a Pokemon, especially mid-game. While it is outmoded by the likes of Body Slam and Return on the competitive level, it is quite good for in-game use. I'd say it's an underrated move.

A little off topic, but it is somewhat related, being a TM...

Additionally, I hope we see Hidden Power dropped from the TM list. Among my chief problems with it, it robs a Pokemon like Unown of the unique quality it has. Meditite learning it was bad enough, but it pales in comparison to the myriad of Pokemon that already learn it.

Last edited:
it would be cool to have a HM of WATER, FIRE, GRASS, ELECTRIC, FLYING, PSYCHIC and FIGHTING

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom