• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dancing Disaster - Pokémon Fanfic

NoodleChefKyle

BackwardsMan, huh?
Reaction score
I've written other fics, but this is my first time writing a Pokémon fanfic. Basically the premise of this fanfic is that the gang arrives in time for a new Pokémon Contest. However, there is a dangerous conspiracy behind the scenes.

Prelude

Fuchsia City. 8:30 pm.
"Just give up."
Harley and his Cacturne were on the receiving end of several vicious attacks from, oddly enough, a Jumpluff. Cacturne was covered in bruises as it struggled to stand up. Harley glared at the opposing trainer, who was hidden under the shadows by the moonlight, then looked back at his Cacturne.
“Come on Cacturne,” Harley goaded, “Please, just give up. This battle isn’t worth it!”
“Dang right, it’s not worth it!” Another voice chimed in.
“This is totally pathetic,” a third voice sounded out, “this battle was over before it began!”
“How right you are, boys,” the trainer responded, his sunglasses glinting for a second, “Your Cacturne is very poorly trained. So un-groovy. I’m gonna wrap this up right now. Jumpluff! Shadow Wave!”
Harley watched in horror as Jumpluff waved the cotton balls on its arms. It charged up a mass of black energy and released it towards Cacturne, who didn’t even have the strength to move.
“CACTURNE! NO!!”

------------Cue Theme Music------------

Feel free to comment however you like.

First Appearances:
AG144.jpg

Name: Harley

Name: ??????

(He will be revealed later)

Pokémon:
tvsea08_011.jpg
Cacturne
0202.JPG
Jumpluff

Last edited:
It's rather short. I mean, by the time that one gets "into" the story, then it just kind of...ends. A better way to fix this is to add in more description. Like tell me what Harley, Cacturne, and Jumpluff look like. The way you have it now, I could imagine them as anything, except I know who they are, due to my previous knowledge of Pokémon. Perhaps another reader doesn't know anything.

Also, description can help me know where the other voices are coming from. I have no idea where these characters are. With Harley, I think that they are at a Contest Hall in Fuschia City. You might think that they are in an alleyway. That's one of the best things about desciption. It helps you transmit an image from your head to the reader's. Also, if you describe the night time air, you don't have to say that it is 8:30 pm.

Your grammar is a little iffy. You have commas in the dialogue when they should really be full stops.

Still, you ended on a cliffhanger. I'm intrigued so far, and so I will come back to see where this goes.

I apologize. Like I said before, it's my first time writing a pokémon fic. As to where the characters are, I plan on revealing that in a later chapter. Anyway, I've added image attachments for the characters, and hopefully that will help.

Think of description this way: When you are reading a published book for adults, do you have pictures of those characters? No, but if the writer describes them well enough, then the reader can see them.

Basically, what I'm saying is that images in fanfiction is a no-no, when you should just be able to describe the characters.

I'm not trying to sound mean. Just tell me at anytime if you need my advice to come out in a nicer way.

Anyhow, just work on describing the characters in words, not by posting pictures.

I'm glad you're helping, and I'm not trying to be rude, but most of the people on the whole forum already know who these people are. Besides, I do have a right to be lazy. Deal with it.

Last edited:
LOL Shadow Jumpluff eh? And to go with the pic, a happy looking Jummpluff. Doesn't fit the shadowish type if you know what I mean. But that's not important. I guess reviewing ain't my forté but, this is the shortest chapter I've ever read in a fanfic. Could Cipher possibly be behind this? And, why the hell would Harley let Cacturne battle if it is getting its a*s whooped. Shouldn't he just recall it? Anyways, it is your first fic good luck.

The reason I couldn't find an angry Jumpluff is because I can't. Every single one looks all...cheerful. Even the Shadow Skiploom from Colosseum looks happy.

Chapter 1

Continuing on the Battle Frontier, Ash and his friends, Brock, May, Max, and Pikachu arrive at Fuchsia City, where a new Contest Hall has just opened. You can only imagine how excited May is to earn her next Ribbon.
“This is Fuchsia City?” May nearly screamed in excitement, “This place is huge!”
“It’s gotten bigger since we were last here.” Brock said, reading from a guidebook, “Not only has the Safari Zone reopened but the Fuchsia Gym also has a new leader. And of course, we already know about the Contest Hall which, according to this, should be right around the-”
“YOU!”
A female voice shouted seemingly from nowhere, shocking the whole group. They search for the voice, but to no avail.
“Brock, what’s goin’ on?” Ash asked in confusion.
“I have no idea!” Brock shouted back.
“I’m up here!”
The group looks up on one of the roofs of the houses to see a young woman in a black ninja tunic, a pink sash, and a mask covering her face, revealing only her eyes. Before they knew it, the ninja girl had disappeared and reappeared right in front of the group in a puff of white smoke. Ash felt his heart skip a beat.
“You’re Ash from Pallet Town, right?” the girl asked.
Suddenly, Ash gained his confidence back. “Why do you wanna know?”
“Answer me!”
“Yeah, I’m Ash! What’s it to you?!”
“Pika piiika!” cried Pikachu from his shoulder.
The girl smiled under her mask as she reached behind her back and drew a poké ball. “Then…” She started to run at the group with amazing speed. “…it’s time you prepare for…WAH!!” Suddenly she tripped over her feet and fell flat on her face, dropping her poké ball and releasing a Ninjask, who struck a ninja pose similar to hers. The group felt a bead of sweat running down the back of their heads.
“Uh…Ash?” Max asked, “Do you know that girl?”
“No…I don’t think so.” Ash replied as the girl struggled to get up.
“That was a cheap shot!” She shouted at him.
“Cheap shot? I didn’t even do anything!” Ash shouted back.
She smiled again as she pulled off her mask. “Hehe…I should’ve known you were good. After all…” Her face was revealed to be that of a pretty teenage girl with her violet-red hair tied in a ponytail. “You did beat my daddy.”
“Huh?!” Ash recoiled in surprise.
“What?!” May and Max were totally confused.
“Ahh!” Hearts lit up in Brock’s eyes.
All in all, they were thinking the same thing. Who is this girl?!
By the way, this is the part where Veronica Taylor (Ash’s real voice actor) shouts: “Dancing Disaster!”

“Just who are you anyway?” Ash demanded, “And what do you mean I beat your dad?”
“You certainly are a loudmouth,” the girl responded, “I meant what I said. Do you know the name, Koga?”
“Koga? Oh yeah!” Ash flashed back to his sixth gym battle ever. “I remember beating his Golbat with my Charmander on my first jour-WAIT A SECOND! Are you telling me Koga’s your dad?”
“Yup. And since he’s away, I’ve taken over for him. My name is Janine and I’m not only Koga’s daughter, but I’m also a beautiful kunoichi (female ninja) and the new Fuchsia City Gym Leader!” Janine struck another cool ninja pose with her Ninjask and what appeared to be an upgraded Soul Badge in her hand, but was interrupted when Brock ran forward and took her hands.
“What a coincidence! We have something in common! My name is Brock and I used to be the leader of the Pewter City Gym.”
“Uh…” Janine was dumbfounded by Brock’s attitude, but that didn’t stop him.
“By the way, would you like to go on a date with me? We could go to a fancy restaurant, go to a movie, or maybe–NNGH!”
“Or maybe,” Max said after grabbing Brock’s ear and tugging him away, “you should get yourself a clue!”
“So, what were you doing on the roof, anyway?” Ash asked.
“Oh, that. Well, aside from my duties at the gym, I’ve been helping the police on an investigation.”
Ash and Pikachu shared confused looks. “Investigation?”
“Pika?”
“Witnesses claim that a trainer has been attacking several people at night with a strange and dangerous pokémon and that same trainer is supposedly in Fuchsia City right now.”
The group was shocked at this news.
“Dangerous pokémon?!” Brock exclaimed.
“That’s awful!” May chimed in, “How could they do such a thing?”
“I’m glad you asked.” Janine answered, “As it happens, I was on my way to talk to one of the witnesses who was attacked by that same trainer. I told him to meet me at the Fuchsia Pokémon Center.”
“We’ll come with you.” Ash said, “No one can get of scot-free after something like that.”
“He’s right!” May agreed.
“Yeah,” Max replied, “And I wanna know more about this weird pokémon, too.”
“I would gladly go to the ends of the Earth for you, Janine!” Brock almost sang out.
Janine smiled. “Thank you, guys.”

Ten minutes later, as soon as the group arrived at the Pokémon Center, Brock immediately dropped his vow, as thoughts of Nurse Joy swam through his head. And wouldn’t you know it, he’s already off to the counter, with Max hot on his tail.
“Is he always like that?” Janine asked.
“Pretty much,” May answered, “So where is this witness?”
“I dunno.” Janine said, “He said he’d be wearing a lot of green, though.”
“Oh, hello May. I didn’t expect to see you here.”
Ash, May, and Janine turned around to see…
“Harley? What happened to you?”

------------What indeed?------------

First Appearances:
Image1.png

From Left to Right: May, Ash, Brock, Max
Janine.png

Janine
Nurse_joy.gif

Nurse Joy

Pokemon:
anime025.jpg

Pikachu
anime291.jpg

Ninjask

Chapter 2

Harley was a mess. There was soot all over his Cacturne uniform, his hair looked like it hadn’t been combed in weeks, and he looked like he was about to cry. He seemed downright depressing.
He turned his attention away from May, “You must be Janine. I’m glad you could make it.”
“You’re Harley?” Janine asked.
“Yes I am.” Harley answered, wiping his eyes.
“Harley…?” May asked, concerned.
“Harley called the police last night, saying he was attacked by that trainer,” Janine said, “For some reason, the trainer seems to be targeting talented coordinators.”
Talented coordinators? May thought.
“Hold on a minute, Harley!” Ash demanded, pointing his finger at him, “How do we know this isn’t a trick?!”
“Listen, kids,” Harley said with none of his usual enthusiasm, “I know I’ve done some things people would call ‘indecent,’ but I’m really not lying about this! Look at my suit! Look at my pokémon!”
The group stared dumbfounded at him, until Janine spoke up. “Where are they?”
“Oh, right.” Harley said, almost embarrassed, “You should come with me.”
They walked up to the counter, where it appeared Max was finally able to wrench Brock away from Nurse Joy as they were now getting something from a vending machine in the corner.
“Harley! Back so soon?” Nurse Joy asked, “I thought you were going to wait the full three days.”
“I know, but…uh…” Harley scratched his head, thinking of what to say, when Janine showed Nurse Joy her Soul Badge.
“I’ve been asked to assist in the police investigation.” Janine said, “If you don’t mind, we would like to see Mr. Harley’s pokémon.”
Mister? Harley thought, Harley is my first name!
“All right,” Nurse Joy said, “Please come this way, kids.”
Ash, May, Harley, and Janine followed Nurse Joy behind the counter to a hallway, with doors each leading to a room where various pokémon were being treated. They eventually arrived at Ward Five and looked into a window. Needless to say, it wasn’t pretty and May nearly tried to cover her eyes at the sight. Cacturne was lying back on a stretcher with its right arm in a sling and both legs bandaged up. Harley’s Banette was also on a stretcher. Its eyes were bandaged up as well as its arms, and the zipper on its teeth was on the other side, leaving its mouth hanging wide open (like in Colosseum or XD when it loses). Harley’s Ariados was the only one on its belly. All its spindly legs were bandaged as well as its abdomen.
“All I have left is my Octillery.” Harley said sadly.
“Harley, all your pokémon…” Ash said quietly, “This is horrible.”
“Who would do such a thing?” May asked.
“That’s what I’m here to find out.” Janine responded, “Harley, can you describe what you were doing at the time of the attack?”
“Well, I was on my way here from Lavender Town because I heard a new Contest Hall had opened up in Fuchsia City. It was 8:30 by the time I got there and I was really tired, so I wanted to get to the Pokémon Center and rest before I registered. And believe it or not, somewhere around the Safari Zone entrance gates, I met up with this weird guy. He called to me and it turned out he already knew my name.”
“Was it someone you knew, Harley?” Janine asked.
“I couldn’t really tell.” Harley answered, “I could only see his shadow under the moon, but I could tell that his head was particularly large and he had sunglasses. Oh, there were two other people with him, but I couldn’t get a look at them either.”
Ash and May looked at each other.
“Big head…and sunglasses?” Ash said to himself.
“Two other people?” May said to herself. At that instant, they both thought the same thing.
“It must’ve been Team Rocket in disguise!” they both said at the same time.
“There are Team Rocket Members in Fuchsia City?” Janine asked, concerned.
“I can’t imagine even they’d do something like this.” Harley continued, “That Jumpluff they had was so strong, it was horrifying! If I hadn’t recalled my pokémon in time…I’m sure they…” At that point, Harley tried hard not to cry.
May looked at Harley with concern. “Harley?”
Harley didn’t even look at May and buried his face in his hands. “I’m sure they would’ve been killed!”
The three of them looked at Harley in shock.

Meanwhile…
“I was wondering when we’d finally get to this!”
Two men stood in front of the Fuchsia Contest Hall. One of them had blond hair that stood on end like fire, a black jacket, and yellow band on his left arm (Folly). The other one wore sunglasses, and orange vest, a black shirt, and had his black hair in what appeared to be flattened “ox horns” (Trudly).
“This is the place, huh, Trudly?” Folly said.
“The big guy thinks a lot of money goes into these Contest things.” Trudly responded.
“You seriously think we could pull something like this?”
“How hard can it be, Folly? Security doesn’t seem like much here, but as long as we’re taking the cash, we may as well grab some ‘stray’ pokémon along the way.”
“I like this plan!”
“We should report this to the boss. You know how he is when we’re late.”
“I hate it when he gets like that.”

“Did you even get his name?” Janine asked.
“Yes,” Harley answered, “but I’m not sure if I heard right. He said his name was…Miror B.”
“Miror B.?” Ash, May, and Janine said.
“Pika?” Pikachu added on.

------------End of Chapter 2------------

Character Intros:
05.jpg

Far right: Folly
2nd from Right: Trudly

Pokémon:
anime354.jpg

Banette
anime168.jpg

Ariados

Bonus Trainer's Choice:

Ash: Trainers! Which of these pokémon is not a pure grass type?
A. Cacnea
B. Jumpluff
C. Bellossom

Ash: Okay, trainers! If you chose Jumpluff, you were right!
"Jumpluff!"

Chapter 3

“So let me get this straight, dudes and dudette. Coolness and charismagnetism?”
Team Rocket was at it again: selling fake pokéblocks for money from an alley, even going the distance by having Wobbuffet dress up in its spy overcoat and hat. Their current target: a tall, skinny man in a blue suit, platform shoes, mirrored sunglasses, and a huge poké ball afro.
“That’s right,” Jessie spoke enthusiastically, “not only that, but our miracle Pokéblock Gold and Silver also keeps your pokémon strong and healthy.”
“Act now, and we’ll throw in our limited edition Crystal Pokéblock,” James added on, opening a case of jade blue candies, “as a low calorie snack.”
“So whaddya say, disco man? Are ya interested?” Meowth chimed in, donning his usual midget fortune teller disguise (at least that’s what I think it is).
The skinny man put a hand to his chin. “I’m intrigued by your offer…”
The three looked at him hopefully, but recoiled when he slammed his hands on the table, making the three jump back.
“…or at least I would be, if it weren’t a total flop!”
“A…flop, sir?” James asked, almost whimpering.
“No one pulls a fast one on Miror B. but my daddy! Not only that, but you three are the sorriest excuses for criminals I’ve ever seen! I think it’s time I teach you a lesson.” His sunglasses glinted as he drew a poké ball. “Go, Ludicolo! Water Pulse!”
“Luuuudi-COLO!”
A splash was heard from the alley as the Rockets blasted off into the stratosphere.
“I told you we shouldn’t have pulled this stunt again!” Jessie screamed.
“I know, but the author didn’t have any other ideas!” James responded, sadly.
“The really sad part is that this is probably the only screen time we’ll ever have.” Meowth said in disappointment.
“WOOOOBBUFFET!”
“Team Rocket’s blasting off again!” The three shouted as they disappeared with their usual “ting.”
“All right, Ludicolo. Return!” But Ludicolo was dancing so feverishly after its victory that Miror B. couldn’t aim properly.
“I said return! Return! Return, darn it!”

“Even Banette?” Brock asked after the group returned to the lobby.
“Yeah.” Janine responded, “Except for his Octillery, which he never used at the time, all his pokémon were in rough shape.”
“Who would do something like that?” Max asked.
“Apparently, the perpetrator said his name was Miror B.”
“Then we have to find this guy and stop him!” Ash shouted, angrily, “He can’t get away with stuff like this!”
“Pi, pikachu!” Pikachu agreed.
“It’s not that easy.” Janine spoke up, “Apparently, this Miror B. fellow strikes only at night and targets coordinators. So where will he strike next?”
Max responded, “The Contest Hall!”
“Exactly.” Janine said, “The best of the best are going to be there and odds are our target is gonna be one of them, which is why I’m going to enter the Contest as well.”
The others looked at Janine skeptically. “But…you’re a gym leader.” Ash said.
“I know,” Janine said, “but I have to enter in order to find this Miror B. and smoke him out. Besides, not many people come to the gym, so showing off my pokémon’s moves it makes the perfect advertisement!”
“…I guess that makes sense.” Ash said, feeling a bead of sweat on the back of his head.
“I’m with you, Janine!” May said, confidently, “I’m going to enter the Fuchsia Contest too! I might as well, otherwise I won’t get my ribbon. Besides, Ash is right. This Miror B. or whatever his name is can’t get away with a stunt like this so I’m going to beat him extra hard!”
“Good, May.” Janine said, smiling, “I have a feeling that we’re going to need all the help we can get in order to beat Miror B.”
“Are you two out of your minds?!” Harley shouted from seemingly out of nowhere. His voice made the entire group recoil in horror. “Didn’t you hear a word I said? If he could do what he did to my pokémon, he could do it to yours too! May, this is the first time I’ve been sincere with you in a long while. I really don’t want you to enter this contest. If your pokémon are killed, it’ll be on my consciousness!”
May looked at Harley in concern, then put a hand on his shoulder and smiled. “Then I’ll just have to win, won’t I?”

Later, at that same alley…
“We’ve been looking everywhere for you, boss!”
Trudly and Folly found Miror B. and his Ludicolo at that same alley around 8:00 pm. Miror B. was in the alley doing a strange twisting disco dance to some Latin music in his boombox and Ludicolo simply joined along, doing his own thing.
“Uh…sir?” Trudly asked.
“Stop the music, Ludicolo!” Miror B. shouted. Ludicolo turned off the boombox and walked over to his master. “Now what’s this about, boys?”
“Well, we did some investigating like you said, boss.” Folly said, “Y’know, about that Pokémon Contest? And it turns out you were right a whole lot of money goes into these things every month.”
Trudly handed Miror B. some photographs of a safe door from various angles. “Security’s not so good, but the door seems pretty tightly shut. But I imagine with your other pokémon…”
Miror B. put a hand to Trudly’s face. “Say no more, Trudly. I know just what you’re thinking. We are gonna proceed with the plan as scheduled. I’ve already registered myself into this crazy Contest. I’ll do my part all right, but I’m counting on the two of you to take care of the rest.” He grabs them both by the collars. “Do I make myself clear?!”
“Yes sir!” They both shouted, and he let them go.
Miror B. let them both go and smiled. “Excellent. Continue the music, Ludicolo! We’re gonna party ‘til the sun comes up!”
"LUDICOLO!!!" Ludicolo mashed play on the boombox as he and Miror B. put their weight on it.
Trudly and Folly both groaned. “Again?”

------------End of Chapter 3------------

Character Introductions:
pok_gallery3.jpg

Team Rocket
From Left to Right: Meowth, James, Jessie, Wobbuffet
i_miror.b_xd.gif

Miror B.
anime272.jpg

Ludicolo

Last edited:
Chapter 4

12:00 pm. The day of the Contest.
Inside the Contest Hall, A huge audience was waiting around the main stage, including Ash, Pikachu, Brock, Max, and, unexpectedly, Harley, who decided to stand by to identify Miror B. The enormous platform was made of solid oak wood and was decorated with pink and blue streamers, as well as multicolored spotlights. The centerpiece adorning the streamers was a giant purple ribbon made of wood, presumably a model of the real contest ribbon to be won.
“Let’s hope he’s here.” Ash said to the others, “Harley, are you okay?”
“I’ll be able to breathe easy again when this contest is over.” Harley answered.
Meanwhile, inside the locker room, the coordinators were getting pumped up. May, however, was not doing so much pumping, but a little more worrying.
If I hadn’t recalled my pokémon in time, I’m sure they would’ve been killed!
“Harley…”
“Don’t worry about it, May.”
Janine put a hand on May’s shoulder, offering her a comforting smile. “We’ll find Miror B. and make sure he knows the meaning of justice.”
“I don’t care what it tastes like to anyone else, I still think that food tastes like wet socks!”
Janine was interrupted when a strange, tall man in a blue suit and platform shoes wandered into the locker room. His poké ball afro was bouncing jubilantly. Behind him were two other men, one of whom was carrying a boombox. Janine looked at him carefully, recalling Harley’s description.
“Big head…and sunglasses?”
“Ladies and gentlemen,” A woman in a denim shirt and shorts shouted into her microphone, “welcome to the first Pokémon Contest to be held in Fuchsia City! My name is Lilian and I’ll be your host for today! Before we begin, allow me to turn us to our panel of judges!”
The spotlight lands on a table offstage where three people sat. In front of them is their own respective scoreboard.
“First up,” Lilian continued, “is Mr. Contesta, director of the Pokémon Contest Committee!”
The spotlight came down on a middle aged man with gray hair in a red suit. “I’m glad I could be here for Fuchsia City’s debut Contest.”
“Our next judge,” Lilian continued, “is Mr. Sukizo, chairman of the Pokémon Fan Club!”
The spotlight moved to the man next to Mr. Contesta: a short man with short brown hair and a blue suit.
“I’m happy to be here as well!”
“Finally,” Lilian continued, “our third judge is none other than Fuchsia City’s own Nurse Joy!”
The spotlight moved to Nurse Joy.
“Thank you for coming, everyone! And to all coordinators, good luck and do your best!”
“I’ll always do my best for you, Nurse Joy!!” Brock shouted from the audience, holding up a sign that says “I ♥ Nurse Joy!” However, to his dismay, Nurse Joy didn’t seem to notice.
“Now, let’s begin with the first round: the Appeal Round, where the contestants will display their attacks in order to wow our three judges! The four with the highest scores will advance to the next round for Contest Battles! And with that out of the way, let’s bring out our first contestant, our very own Gym Leader, Janine!”
At that, the audience let out a roar of excitement.
“What?!” Janine asked, flustered, “I’m up already?! But…I…”
“Don’t worry about it, Janine.” May told her, “I’ll see if that’s Miror B. myself.”
“Thank you, May.” Janine ran out of the locker room and proceeded on stage, where apparently she’s earned quite a large fanbase in Fuchsia City.
“I’m impressed.” Ash said, “She’s certainly got a lot of fans.”
“What did you expect?” Harley said, “Most of them are teenage boys.”
As Harley spoke, Brock promptly erased Nurse Joy’s name from his sign and wrote Janine’s name in its place (not very picky, are we?).
Janine pulled up her mask over her face as she tossed out a poké ball. “Now, come on out! Vileplume!”
From the mass of white light from inside the ball, emerged a black pokémon with small red eyes and huge red flower petals adorning its head.
“Janine has chosen her Vileplume. A poison type, just like her father would choose. I’m sure Koga would be proud of her.”
“That’s another thing.” Ash mentioned, “If she’s the new gym leader, then where’s Koga?”
Brock opened up the guidebook again. “It turns out that Koga’s been promoted to Elite Four status in the Johto Region.”
“No way! That’s awesome!” Ash said with a smile.
“Pika chuuu!” Pikachu agreed.
Janine raised her hand. “Vileplume, begin with Moonlight!”
Vileplume closed its eyes as a white aura started to emanate from it, while Lilian commentated on it from the sidelines.
“Vileplume is starting off with a lovely Moonlight attack. But what will Janine do with it?”
“Now, use Stun Spore and then Petal Dance!”
Vileplume released a cloud of orange pollen from its head as well as tons of cherry blossoms which were also glowing, just like Vileplume. They cut through the Stun Spores gracefully, as though they really were dancing.
“Amazing!” Lilian said, wearing a gas mask which slightly muffled her voice. “Janine is using Moonlight to light up Vileplume’s Petal Dance and those blossoms are tearing right through that Stun Spore cloud! It’s a good thing she’s got that mask covering her mouth and nose otherwise she’d be in serious trouble! Well? Let’s hear it, judges!”
“Well, I’m certainly impressed.” Mr. Contesta put up a 9.8 on his scoreboard.
“Remarkable!” Mr. Sukizo put up a 9.7.
“It’s so amazing, especially since she prepared for the effects of that Stun Spore!” Nurse Joy put up a solid 10. The total score added up to…
“29.5 points! Astonishing! Such a high score already! That’s the ability of a Gym Leader, Contest fans! Let’s have a big hand for Janine!”
The audience roared as Janine ran over and hugged her Vileplume. “That was amazing! Even after all that practice, I never thought we’d be this good!”
“Vileplume!” Vileplume said as he nuzzled up to Janine.
May had been watching her performance via a monitor in the locker room.
“Janine’s so cool!” May smiled. “All right. I’m totally psyched now! I can’t wait to get out there now!”
Ash looked down at Janine with a smile. Max was also smiling, but for a different reason. I know that look…
She would have to wait though, as she was the 7th contestant in a potential crowd of 28. Among them was a trainer whose Starmie scored a 28.0 with its Bubblebeam. Another trainer had a Murkrow that scored a 23.0 with its Night Shade. And another had a Sudowoodo who accidentally tripped its own trainer using its Low Kick, which resulted in a measly 15.8 (“Ouch,” said Lilian).
“Well, I sure hope that knee will be all right.” Lillian said with a sweat drop, “All right. Let’s bring out our 7th contestant, May from Petalburg City!”

------------End of Chapter 4------------

Character Introductions:
url

Lillian

Mr. Contesta, Mr. Sukizou (images unavailable)

anime045.jpg

Vileplume

anime121.jpg

Starmie

anime198.jpg

Murkrow

anime185.jpg

Sudowoodo

Chapter 5

May trotted out onto the stage, smiling and waving to the cheering audience. The only one who wasn’t cheering, of course, was Harley who folded his arms and pouted.
“That girl is so smug. Who does she think she is?”
“Harley, we need you to focus here,” Brock reminded him.
“Squirtle! Take the stage!” May shouted as she threw out a poké ball. Squirtle materialized from the white light and landed on its toes with a smile.
“Squirtle, cover the ceiling with Bubble!”
Squirtle happily replied by spraying beautiful, glossy bubbles towards the top of the stage until it couldn’t even be seen.
“Now, use Ice Beam!”
Squirtle fired a stream of white energy towards the bubbles, making them pop one by one. The cold temperature of the Ice Beam not only popped each bubble, but also made it snow from the ceiling. This appeal totally met the approval of the fans as they cheered for May and Squirtle, while the younger children in the audience actually reached to touch the falling snow.
“Amazing!” Lillian nearly jumped in excitement. “What a novel idea using Bubble and Ice Beam to make it snow inside the Contest Hall! And the fans love it! But what about our judges?”
“I couldn’t have done it better myself!” Mr. Contesta said as he put up a 9.0
“Quite remarkable!” Mr. Sukizo put up an 8.9.
“It’s very pretty indeed!” Nurse Joy also put up a 9.0. The total score added up to…
“26.9! A performance like that was worth every point! Let’s give it up for May and her Squirtle!”
“Yeah!!” May shouted in delight and hugged Squirtle, “Not bad at all!”
“Squirtle squirt!”
“That’s her best score yet!” Ash said.
“Pikachu!!” Pikachu said in agreement.
“Awesome job, May!” Max shouted.
Harley merely scowled and folded his arms again. “Okay, I’ll admit that was pretty good. But my Cacturne can still perform circles around her and that water-baby.”
“Focus, Harley,” Brock reminded him again.
“Let’s bring out the next contestant!” Lillian shouted.

Back in the locker room, Janine ran to May as she came back in, holding Squirtle in her arms.
“That was amazing, May!” Janine said with excitement, “I had no idea you were that good!”
“Well, we do get in lots of practice,” May said almost blushing, “right, Squirtle?”
“Squirtle!”
“By the way,” Janine said, this time being more serious, “did you find anything out about that afro-character?”
“Well, I tried to talk to him, but he wouldn’t even bother to look at me,” May replied, looking depressed, “I’m sorry, Janine. I know you were depending on me, but…”
“Don’t worry about a thing, May,” Janine said, “I’m just glad you tried. Speaking of which…where is he?”
The two looked around and saw that he was no longer in the locker room. It was then that they heard Lillian’s voice via the monitor.
“Our next contestant is a newcomer to the world of Pokémon Contests! Please welcome the oh-so enigmatic Miror B.!”
Miror B. strutted out onto the stage in his usual flamboyant fashion, his afro bouncing with every step. He raised his right index finger into the air.
“Hit it, boys!”
Instead of the usual Contest theme music, disco music started to play from the speakers hanging from the ceiling as Miror B. started to gyrate his hips and swing his legs around in a manner reminiscent of Michael Jackson, making the audience laugh like the dickens.
“That’s him!” Harley shouted all of a sudden, “That’s the man who attacked me!”
“Big head, sunglasses, no one else has dressed like that,” Brock agreed.
“But what in the world is he doing?” Ash asked, confused. “The way he’s acting, he doesn’t seem like such a bad guy.”
“Is that really him?” May asked, watching his antics on the monitor.
“The description definitely fits,” Janine answered, putting her hand on her chin, “but…I expected this guy to be more…threatening.”
“Well, at least our contestant’s putting on quite a show,” Lillian said with a sweat drop, “but we need to see what his Pokémon can do.”
“Oh, but of course, Miss Lillian!” Miror B. said, reaching for a poké ball and tossing it to the field with lots of flourish. “Go, Ludicolo!”
Miror B.’s Ludicolo emerged onto the stage and started dancing with him, albeit its legs are much shorter than its trainer’s.
“Let’s start with Nature Power!”
A green aura surrounded Ludicolo’s body as it prepared to attack, while Lillian announced from the sidelines.
“A risky move. Nature Power generates a different attack depending on its location. And since we’re indoors right now, what could happen here?”
Ludicolo raised its hands and fired star shaped rays straight up into the air.
“Swift.” Miror B. said to himself, “Just as I thought. Now, Ludicolo, use Water Pulse in that same direction!”
Ludicolo takes a deep breath and fires a water bomb at the Swift stars. The stars get mixed into the Water Pulse attack immediately upon contact, all the while keeping up with the rhythm of the still-playing disco music.
“Turn it into a Rain Dance, Ludicolo!”
Ludicolo claps his hands together and the Water Pulse attack explodes with the Swift attack inside, sending down not only droplet after droplet of water, but also smaller star-shaped rays. Ludicolo seemed to dance more vividly as the water filled up the broad leaf on its head at a steady rate. The audience is feeling Ludicolo’s excitement as the rain and the stars sparkle in their eyes.
“An amazing performance! A creative yet unusual combination of Nature Power, Water Pulse, and Rain Dance! It doesn’t get any better than this, folks! So what do you think, judges?”
“I’ve never seen anything like it before! Outstanding!” Mr. Contesta put up a 9.7.
“It’s just remarkable!” Mr. Sukizo put up a 9.4.
“It’s quite a beautiful combination!” Nurse Joy put up a 9.6.
“28.7! It’s the closest anyone has gotten to beating our gym leader! Let’s give Miror B. and Ludicolo a hand!”
The audience cheered loudly as Miror B. and Ludicolo do-si-doed around on the stage. However, there were two people in the audience who weren't cheering, but watching patiently (aside from Harley).
“Way to go, boss,” Trudly said quietly.
“Everything’s going just as planned,” Folly said.

------------End of Chapter 5------------

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom