• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Dangan Ronpa: War Room Mafia - Endgame - 1/30/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dangan Ronpa: War Room Mafia - Day 6 - 1/23/15

something has happened~

A overly curious island leader turned to yet another unassuming one. "I don't like your look. You just look like you're not with us."

As usual, the ensemble had formed. The amount of deaths was taking a medium toll on everyone there.

"I'm not aligned with the mafia."

A quiet one spoke up. "How are you loyal to Paperhorse? Is it true that the both of you went to a musical eons ago?"

"No. That never happened."

The aforementioned one stood up and pointed a finger at the accused. "It can only be you! I wake up earlier than the rest of you here put together and I keep hearing music from somewhere. I've done some sleuthing and you've looked shifty for the longest time."

"I don't look shifty now. Put up or shut up."

The deliberations ended decisively as the accused was tied up and thrown into the ocean.

Dear Leggo,

You are Zenax.

Caliborn_6935_zpse8c6f8b8.png

You are the role cop. Every night phase, you may post in the quicktopic Investigate Player and you will receive their role report.

You are mafia and win when you control the town.

Leggo was lynched. She was mafia.

It's now Night 6. Phase ends 1-28-15 at 10pm.

Re: Dangan Ronpa: War Room Mafia - Night 6 - 1/27/15

GG town. It was a good run. May the shipping hints be in your favour! Bonne chance mafia!

Pour @Master Mew;
you never can have too many ships
lVAQtvo.png
My shipping heart will go on~ Sayoonara!
mabelpinesplz.gif

I'm dramatically saying goodbye in romaji since my Japanese professor is making us memorize words by romaji. We've only learned like fifteen hiragana characters. :X

So there's probably only a godfather left?

@Master Mew; Could you repost your Phoenicks case? I tried finding it by looking a few pages back but your vote looked pretty random.

And I back to square one when I have no idea... I kinda hoped than Leggo was the last wolf and this game would end with town win :3. Too bad there at lease one wolf left.

And no PM from host so far. So maybe no role again tonight.

But I guess I will NK'd tonight. Happy to bring down a wolf with me...

Edit: wolf=scum. Such a shame there aren't warewolf/witch hunter mafia game here. More fun theme than mafia imo... xD

To celebrate the fact that we lynched yet another mafia I will now cite the wikipedia page on the Sicilian mafia from memory, be ready to be amazed you guys.

The Sicilian Mafia, also known as Cosa Nostra ("Our Thing"), is a criminal syndicate in Sicily, Italy. It is a loose association of criminal groups that share a common organizational structure and code of conduct, and whose core activities are protection racketeering and the arbitration of disputes in the black market. Each group, known as a "family", "clan", or "cosca", claims sovereignty over a territory, usually a town or village or a neighbourhood (borgata) of a larger city, in which it operates its rackets. Its members call themselves "men of honour", although the public often refers to them as "mafiosi".
The American Mafia arose from offshoots of the Mafia that emerged in the United States during the late nineteenth century, following waves of emigration from Italy. There were similar offshoots in Canada among Italian Canadians. The same has been claimed of organised crime among Italians in Australia.[1]

That sounds really interesting, any more interesting things?

tumblr_ni8s36gZaI1rapkbao3_r1_500.png

Contents
• 1 Etymology
o 1.1 "Cosa Nostra" and other names
• 2 History
o 2.1 Post-feudal Sicily
o 2.2 Fascist suppression
o 2.3 Post-Fascist revival
o 2.4 Sack of Palermo
o 2.5 First Mafia War
o 2.6 Smuggling boom
o 2.7 Second Mafia War
o 2.8 Maxi trial and war against the government
o 2.9 Provenzano years
o 2.10 Modern Mafia in Italy
• 3 Definition
• 4 Structure and composition
o 4.1 Clan hierarchy
o 4.2 Membership
o 4.3 Commission
• 5 Rituals and codes of conduct
o 5.1 Initiation ceremony
o 5.2 Introductions
o 5.3 Etiquette
o 5.4 Ten Commandments
o 5.5 Omertà
• 6 Protection rackets
o 6.1 Protection from theft
o 6.2 Protection from competition
o 6.3 Client relations
o 6.4 Protection territories
• 7 Other activities
o 7.1 Vote buying
o 7.2 Smuggling
o 7.3 Bid rigging
o 7.4 Loan sharking
o 7.5 Forbidden crimes
• 8 Violence and reputation
o 8.1 Murder
o 8.2 Reputation
• 9 Notable Sicilian mafiosi
o 9.1 Informants and witness
• 10 See also
• 11 References
• 12 Sources
• 13 External links

here is everything I'll be talking about for the next few posts.

Oh wow, so many topics...

tumblr_nh7w6gWoXS1sz111so1_500.gif

Etymology [edit]
There are several theories about the origin of the term "Mafia" (sometimes spelled "Maffia" in early texts). The Sicilian adjective mafiusu (in Italian: mafioso), roughly translated, means "swagger," but can also be translated as "boldness, bravado". In reference to a man, mafiusu in 19th century Sicily was ambiguous, signifying a bully, arrogant but also fearless, enterprising, and proud, according to scholar Diego Gambetta.[2] In reference to a woman, however, the feminine-form adjective "mafiusa" means beautiful and attractive.
Possible Arabic roots of the word include:
• mahyas (مهياص) = aggressive boasting, bragging
• marfud (مرفوض) = rejected
• maha = quarry, cave[3]
• mu'afa = safety, protection[3]

yes yes, I know arabic. amazing I know

Ooooooo interesting, I didn't know that.... Know any other languages?

tumblr_nf6x0lNWFJ1qai1u2o4_r1_500.gif

The public's association of the word with the criminal secret society was perhaps inspired by the 1863 play I Mafiusi di la Vicaria ("The Mafiosi of the Vicaria") by Giuseppe Rizzotto and Gaetano Mosca. The words "Mafia" and "mafiusi" are never mentioned in the play; "mafiusi" was probably put in the title to add a local flair. The play is about a Palermo prison gang with traits similar to the Mafia: a boss, an initiation ritual, and talk of "umirtà" (omertà or code of silence) and "pizzu" (a codeword for extortion money).[4] The play had great success throughout Italy. Soon after, the use of the term "mafia" began appearing in the Italian state's early reports on the phenomenon. The word made its first official appearance in 1865 in a report by the prefect of Palermo, Filippo Antonio Gualterio.[5]

I guess I know Italian as well, classic Giuseppe.

I only know Italian, Maltese and English.

tumblr_ndyo2jRpc81u0ed63o3_500.gif

According to legend, the word Mafia was first used in the Sicilian revolt – the Sicilian Vespers – against rule by the Capetian House of Anjou on 30 March 1282. In this legend, Mafia is the acronym for "Morte Alla Francia, ItaliaAvanti" (Italian for "Death to France, Italy Forward!"), or "Morte Alla Francia, Italia Anela" (Italian for "Death to France, Italy Begs!").[6] However, this version is now discarded by most serious historians.[2]
The term "mafia" has become a generic term for any organized criminal network with similar structure, methods, and interests. Giovanni Falcone, the anti-Mafia judge murdered by the Mafia in 1992, however, objected to the conflation of the term "Mafia" with organized crime in general:
While there was a time when people were reluctant to pronounce the word "Mafia" ... nowadays people have gone so far in the opposite direction that it has become an overused term ... I am no longer willing to accept the habit of speaking of the Mafia in descriptive and all-inclusive terms that make it possible to stack up phenomena that are indeed related to the field of organized crime but that have little or nothing in common with the Mafia.[7]
—Giovanni Falcone, 1990

If only there were quote makers like giovanni falcone alive today, what a man.

Interesting... Indeed.

tumblr_nc7bszo5e71twbz24o2_250.gif

"Cosa Nostra" and other names [edit]
According to Mafia turncoats (pentiti), the real name of the Mafia is "Cosa Nostra" ("Our Thing" ; "Our Cause"). When the Italian-American mafioso Joseph Valachi testified before the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigationsof the U.S. Senate Committee on Government Operations in 1963 (known as the Valachi hearings), he revealed that American mafiosi referred to their organization by the term cosa nostra ("our thing" or "this thing of ours" or simply "our cause" / "our interest").[8][9][10] At the time, it was understood as a proper name, fostered by the FBI and disseminated by the media. The FBI even added the article la to the term, calling it La Cosa Nostra (in Italy, the article la is not used when referring to Cosa Nostra).

that fbi, always unnecesarily adding "la" to things

I feel like I've learned a lot today. Keep it up!

url]

Last edited:

In 1984, the Mafia turncoat Tommaso Buscetta revealed to the anti-mafia magistrate Giovanni Falcone that the term was used by the Sicilian Mafia as well.[11] Buscetta dismissed the word "mafia" as a mere literary creation. Other defectors, such as Antonino Calderone and Salvatore Contorno, confirmed the use of Cosa Nostra to describe the Mafia.[12] Mafiosi introduce known members to each other as belonging to cosa nostra ("our thing") or la stessa cosa ("the same thing"), meaning "he is the same thing, a mafioso, as you".
The Sicilian Mafia has used other names to describe itself throughout its history, such as "The Honoured Society". Mafiosi are known among themselves as "men of honour" or "men of respect".
Cosa Nostra should not be confused with other mafia-type organizations in Italy such as the 'Ndrangheta in Calabria, the Camorra in Campania, or the Sacra Corona Unita in Apulia.

up next comes the history, my favourite part!

You should become a teacher tbh...

tumblr_ncx4kfyirJ1r4buxao2_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom