King of Luxray
- Sep 19, 2011
- Reaction score
Hope Vs. Despair
Welcome to DanganRonpa3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy Mafia! This game will be a bit of an unusual Mafia game, which has many similarities to post restriction in that there is a rule that must be followed to stay alive.
Here's a very important breakdown about the game that you should pay attention to and read carefully:
-It will host 13 players, 10 Town Hope, 3 Mafia Despair.
-PMs are allowed for everyone in the Day Phase, but only via Quicktopic or Bulbagarden's PM. Day Phases will last 48 hours, with the usual majority voted player is lynched(half the amount of players +1 votes on the same player), with Night Phases being 24 hours in which the Despair can pick off 1 player to kill, but only they are able to interact with each other, as in-thread discussion and PMing are disallowed in the Night Phase, except in the Despair QT.
-Updates will occur at 10PM GMT+1. I will post when the update will occur if possible a few hours before to aid you. If I'm not able to update, the phase will be locked regardless.
-Livechats like Skype and Discord are disallowed completely.
-Everyone will be Vanilla but when you sign up you must say which fictional character you want to be. You could just even be yourself if you want.
-Special Mechanic: Everyone has a Forbidden Action. If the Forbidden Action occurs, the person will die as soon as I notice, not necessarily at the end of the Day Phase, or even Night Phase. A Forbidden Action's limitations may even be something out of the person's direct control, like the word "and" being said 20 times in the span of one Day Phase in-thread.
-Victory is achieved if your alignment achieves its win condition, even if you are dead.
-Once everyone has signed up and the game is starting, Forbidden Actions will be the first to be randomized, and then alignments will be next. Whatever your Forbidden Action is, has no bearing on your alignment. Claiming and fakeclaiming it is possible but whatever you do with it is up to you.
-In the case a player that has voted or has votes on them dies because their Forbidden Action was done during the Day Phase, all votes on them will be counted as invalid votes. Same goes for the player that died during the Day Phase.
Not all Forbidden Actions are equally limiting. If you think about it, nobody is actually equal in this world, and nobody has full control of their fate and circumstances. Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. To show that you have read the rules and to even be eligible to participate, send me the name of the character/person from anything you want to be represented with an image of your choosing. You can give a description of them if you'd like and I'd add it as well, but it is not needed. Once submitted and you get the Role PM, requests to change characters will not be accepted.
- I would really like to see activity from players in this game. If you feel that you will not be able to maintain an acceptable level of activity, then you may wish to consider signing up as a sub rather than an initial player.
a) On that note, if you are inactive (not posting in-thread) for more than 3 phases(Day 1 and Day 2 for example), then you will be subbed out. You will be warned prior to that happening.
- Things that will get you modkilled:
a) Do NOT reveal your role PM in any way, shape or form, through something like a screenshot.
b) Not including HumanDawn as a recipient for PMs. Basically, if you’re going to talk about the game anywhere other than in-thread, I need to be able to see it. Add me in the recipient slot in PMs. If I find out that things have been happening in secret, I may have to modkill you.
c) Flaming, baiting, yada yada. You guys know the drill. Don’t purposely try to piss people off is the gist of this. Use common sense in determining how much is too far in arguments and all that.
d) Intentionally playing against your win condition. Things are more fun when everyone is playing to win. If it seems like you are trying to lose on purpose, we will send you a PM to ask you about it. No immediate modkills, but please do your best to win, regardless of win conditions.
- Let’s keep things civil here. I know from personal experience that it is easy to get a little wild in debates, but please try to remember that this is a game.
- When placing your vote, do so in the format of VOTE: Username, using bold on the vote. To unvote, use the format of UNVOTE: Username.
- No Lynch is possible to vote for in the format of VOTE: No Lynch, in which nobody would be lynched if there are the most votes. In the case of a tie between a player and a No Lynch in votes, the player will be lynched.
- Again, I need to be able to see all mafia related conversations, whether they be PMs, QTs, whatever.
- If you change your username (or, Arceus forbid, some new bandwagon starts), please notify us in-thread of the change.
- Do not share messages I've had with you in regards to the game. You may paraphrase as much as you like but copy and pasting what I've said will assure a modkill.
- Screenshots of the game are disallowed completely. Images may be posted for fun as long as they are not used to try proving anything.
- You are allowed one “death post,” of which nothing informative should be posted. After dying, please do not “like” any posts in this thread either, for obvious reasons.
- As the host, I reserve the right to make alterations /changes to the rules at any time.
1) @FinalArcadia - Nightkilled Night 2, Hope.
4) @Elementar - Lynched Day 1, Hope.
5) @Zexy - Nightkilled Night 1, Hope.
6) @Tsu - Killed by FA violation Day 3, Despair.
7) @Slife - Lynched Day 6, Despair.
8) @Space - WON IN ENDGAME, NIGHT 6, HOPE.
9) @Elieson - Nightkilled Night 3, Hope.
10) @WolfOwl - Killed by FA violation Day 2, Hope.
11) @Giles - Nightkilled Night 4, Hope.
12) @Ghostly - Lynched Day 2, Hope.
1) @jdthebud (subbed for TheCapsFan)
2) WolfOwl (died but then subbed for Doctor Floptopus)
3) @Pikochu (subbed in for jackatlasred)
4) @Elementar (died but then subbed for Pikochu)