• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Dark/Flying SHOWDOWN!

Peaceful Giraffe

Ehehehehe...
Reaction score
It seems that Electric/Flying, Water/Flying, Dragon/Flying, and Bug/Flying all have their own showdowns already, but I don't believe Dark/Flying has been done yet so let's get this show on the road!

First up are Honchkrow and Murkrow, the original Dark/Flying types.

Next are Vullaby and Mandibuzz, the vultures of Generation V.

And finally, the legendary Yveltal itself of Generation VI!

Consider the following while voting:
Which design is do you like best?
Which is best for in-game play?
Which is best competitively?
Which have you used the most?

Commence voting!

Oh sure, pit a legendary against ordinary Pokemon, that's fair. I joke, I joke. :p

Best design: Honchkrow. All of its appearances in the games are great-looking, and my personal favorite is its Platinum sprite. Every form gives it a slick mob boss look. Yveltal comes in pretty close though; even though some might think the whole "Y" body shape is kinda silly, I think it's sort of brilliant because it may or may not represent the Black Death, Y. pestis, the mass killer of thousands back in the day. Shiny Honchkrow looks fabulously pink and shiny Yveltal is a freaking bacon bird.

Best in-game: I've never used any of these much at all. I'd say Yveltal, because it's a legendary and therefore is generally good at wrecking in-game stuff.

Best competitive: Again, never really used any of them, but I've seen Mandibuzz frequently as a supporter in Triples. Good Defogger, I guess.

Most frequently used: Yveltal, if only because I was curious to see what it could do after catching it in Y. And I didn't use it very much.

Favorite overall: Honchkrow. Had 2 more generations to grow on me and its shiny form doesn't make it look ridiculous. I mean, come on, why make the avian god of destruction look like it's made of bacon?

Which design is do you like best? honchcrow
Which is best for in-game play? yveltal, duh
Which is best competitively? ^
Which have you used the most? murkrow

I wish I could vote for soley murkrow, cause I rather like it, yet I don't give a shit about honchcrow. I think it looks cool, but I don't like it, for some reason.

Which design is do you like best?
Murkrow and Honchcrow hands down. I love the their hat-like crests. Yveltal is okay design wise, but I personally find the Murkrow family more creative and appealing. I don't like Vullaby at all. Mandibuzz is a bit better, but still not close to one of my favorites.

Which is best for in-game play?
It depends on the player's preference. For me the best would be the Murkrow family since I like them the most.

Which have you used the most?
Murkrow and Honchcrow. I've never used either of the Vullaby family and I only ever used Yveltal once just to see its moves in action.

Which design is do you like best? Yveltal
Which is best for in-game play? All depends on how you use them, I don't use legends often unless its for fun so I would say I prefer Honchkrow
Which is best competitively? Yveltal & Honckrow
Which have you used the most? Honckrow will forever hold a special place in my heart, bred a Murkrow to have Drill Peck and not long after it got the Evo and he just worked out soo great. One of the best breeding decisions I ever made

Honchkrow, I like the fact it becomes slower after evolving due to becoming lazy and making its underlings bring it food. Yveltal is pretty cool, too, but Mandibuzz is just ugly and can't hit hard unless she uses Foul Play, Vullaby is also a pain to evolve at level 54.

I love all of them a lot, but Mandibuzz just a teeny tiny bit more than the others.
Always been a fan of its design, and along with its counterpart (Braviary), it is one of my favourite Flying-types ever.
In fact I love it so much that I even brought a plushie of it!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom