• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dark Freedom [15]

TPJerematic

Photo ALL of the Pokemon
Reaction score
Dark Freedom
2yjxxep.png

Welcome to this story.
This story is rated [15] for coarse language, violence, gore and sexual themes. If you are likely to be offended by such content then please click here. I hold no responsibily for any and all effects on you by reading this work of fiction.

This Pokémon fanfic takes place in the fan created Actopon Region of the Pokémon world.
Map of the Actopon Region
For more infomation about the Actopon Region: Click here.

This story takes place in an Alternate Universe to Cherish the Moments.

N.B. The “dates” used are merely numbers in indicate the progress on time thought out the story. So when it says 1985 ... it’s isn’t literally 1985 as we know it. I just didn’t want to make it complicated for myself to write and you to read by using. “13th December Twenty years ago.”

N.B. When a characters speech is shown in square brackets, [Like this], it means that the actual word used by Pokémon would not be understood by a human and the English equivalent is used.

DISCLAIMER: POKÉMON IS NOT MINE; THIS STORY IS. I AM ALLOWED TO USE POKÉMON AS LONG I SAY THAT THEY BELONG TO NINTENDO/GAME FREAK. HOWEVER THE STORY, CHARATERS AND REGION BELONG TO ME.

****Special Thanks to Blazaking Ex and Aori for the banners.

Chapter List

Chapter 1: A Cruel Beginning

Chapter 2: A New Life for a New Sneasel

Chapter 1: A Cruel Beginning.

Twenty Five years ago, there was a conflict in the Actopon Region.

Thousands upon thousands of Pokémon attacked the Human population. Some were fighting for revenge against trainers who had abandoned them. Others wished to avenge the death of their friends, blaming Human activities for the deaths. Many simply wanted to be free of Humanity, to force all the Humans away from their region.

There were some who just wanted to kill...

The history books will tell you all of this; they tell of many differing groups of Pokémon rising up against Humanity. All are tarred with the same brush, each group of Pokémon wanted to kill all the Humans in Actopon and take the region for themselves. Fighting against each other for their own selfish gain.

But as the saying goes, “History is written by the victors.” And there is no exception for the history of this conflict.

I am looking for a Pokémon who you won’t find in any school history text book. Hell, it was hard finding out about him from the hundreds of books written about the conflict. And yet, he played a vital role in the conflict. His actions saved the lives of countless Pokémon and Humans, and stabilised the deep fractures between Pokémon and Humans that the conflict created. However he isn’t a hero... he was on the side of the uprising.

I took it upon myself to find this Pokémon; I had heard that after the conflict he had fled to Icebourne Mountain, to hide himself away from the world so he could live out his days in peace. When I got to Icebourne City I asked the Leader of the Frost Gym, James, if he had heard of the Pokémon and if the rumours about the Pokémon being on Icebourne Mountain were true.

His reply was indecisive. James said he had heard of the Pokémon, a Sneasel, and knew of a rarely seen elderly Sneasel that hid itself away on the mountain. However even the Sneasel’s gender was unknown.

After much deliberation, I gathered a group of Pokémon and attempted to find this Sneasel. I took with a camera and a voice recorder to keep a record of my endeavour. I refused the offer of assistance from James, I was going to be carrying six of the strongest Pokémon I had.

After several days climbing I saw a glimpse of a Sneasel standing on an out cropping. I scrambled to get my camera, however before I could get a better look the Sneasel scurried off, apparently unaware of my presence. With the help of my Pokémon I followed the trail the Sneasel had left behind, thankful for my Skarmory’s ability to fly back to Icebourne City, helping to keep me supplied with food.

A couple of days later I found the Sneasel once again, this time standing at the mouth of a small cave on the north face of Icebourne Mountain. The Pokémon seemed to be holding a flashlight, a beam of yellow light illuminating the falling snow as the Sneasel scanned the cliff face. The wind helped stop my scent from reaching the Sneasel, allowing me to slowly climb towards the cave. As I approached, I saw that the Sneasel was definitely old enough to have been around during the uprising. I slowly climbed up to the cave and hid next to the entrance, I peered around the edge. The Sneasel was sitting on the floor at the back of the cave, looking out at the falling snow. Our eyes met and I slowly entered the cave...

“A Human?” The solitary Sneasel spoke from the back of the small, dank cave hidden on one the north face of Icebourne Mountain. “It has been many years since I have been this close to one. I know it is not common for Pokémon to speak the Human language. I am rather special.” The Sneasel walked forward from the back of the cave, his face coming into the shaft of light emitted from the flashlight on the floor. The light showed the aging Sneasel, along with the scars that years of fighting had left.

“I forget my manners. I am Sneasel ... I have no other name.” Sneasel scoffed slightly as he thought of days long past. “A name became meaningless to Pokémon such as myself, during those dark days; all those years ago.” Sneasel looked up, his piercing red eyes looking at the Human who had entered his hidden sanctuary. “You cannot be here by accident. You must wish to know more than you are taught about that brutal fight.” The Human nodded. “Well come in and sit. I will gladly tell you my story ... on the condition that you tell others. Do you have a recording device?” The Human reached into his hiking bag, pulling out a metal object with various buttons. “Excellent.” The Human silently pressed a button with a red circle, on the object and placed it on the ground in front of Sneasel.

“I am Sneasel.” Sneasel spoke with a mixture of pride and shame in his voice. “A Pokémon who ... fought ... for what he felt was right, during the Pokémon Uprising.” Sneasel looked out of the cave at the slowly falling snow. “And I am going to tell you my story. It’s going to take a while ... it happened years ago.” Sneasel brought his knees up to his chest, wrapping his arms around them. “For me ... it all started on a cold, miserable day.”

(8th of January 1990)

A young Sneasel dashed through the dark alleyways of Lightvale City. A soft thud or splash filling the air with each fleeting step. The drizzle coming from the gray sky hampered his vision and made most of the sharp and dangerous things on the ground impossible to see. In his paws he held the remains of a smashed Pokéball. The words of the Human who he had called master rang in his ears.

“Useless, piece of shit Sneasel.” The voice of his master had turned from its usual warmth, to cold and angered abuse. “You should have easily beaten those pathetic Geodude and Onix that dumb hiker had, after all the training I’ve given you.” Tears began to form in Sneasel’s eyes as he repeated the words in his head. “It was a waste of time training you if you couldn’t hurt a wimpy Geodude; without it ripping you too shreds with a Rock Throw.” Sneasel looked down at the broken Pokéball in his paws. “Get out of my sight.” Sneasel flinched as he remembered the kick to the chest the Human had given him before using his Ninetales to scare him away with his fire attacks.

Sneasel turned and ran along another back alley, a bolt of lightning flashing in the sky before the thunder boomed. Sneasel turned to look towards the flash of lightning, taking his eyes off the concrete in front of him. He clipped a broken pavement and tripped, the pieces of Pokéball went flying as Sneasel slammed onto the cold hard concrete.

Sneasel cried out in pain, his body aching from the uncushioned blow. He looked up to see the pieces of his Pokéball strewn out in front of him before whimpering and placing his paws forward to stand. However, the second he put any weight on his palms a searing pain shot through him. Sneasel collapsed back down onto the wet concrete; he rolled onto his side and brought his paws up, they were covered in his blood. Blood from the deep cuts caused from the shards of the Pokéball slicing the skin as he hit the ground.

Sneasel opened his mouth. “H ... Help!” he yelled in vein. Even if any Humans who were brave enough to weather the storm were able to hear the pitiful cries of the young Sneasel, they would hear nothing more than his name.

The unrelenting drizzle splashed down on Sneasel. The water stung his eyes as a few more tears trickled out. Sneasel lay on the ground as if paralysed, the blood from his paws staining the concrete.

Minutes turned into hours as Sneasel lay unmoving on the blood stained concrete, his body soaked with rain, his eyes bloodshot from crying and his paws aching, each beat of his heart causing another few drops of blood to trickle out. Sneasel’s mind was filled with misery, as the words of his trainer kept repeating themselves along with the intense sense of worthlessness they brought. His eyes began to droop as the blood loss from the cuts on his paws and body started to take effect. Sneasel’s world started to swirl and twist as his eyes played tricks with his muddled mind.

Just as Sneasel was about to let go, to allow the bliss of unconsciousness to take him, he saw a large bird land on the ground in front of him. Sneasel shook his head to regain some form of vision. A bolt of lightning streaked across the sky, illuminating the Honchkrow looking down at the young Sneasel. He flinched as he saw a swarm of Murkrow in the sky above him; fearing the worse Sneasel curled into a ball and sobbed. Master is right ... I am weak. He thought to himself.

The Honchkrow walked towards Sneasel and bent over, bringing her beak next to Sneasel’s face. “Why are you here, young Sneasel ... alone and bleeding in this filthy alley?” The Honchkrow spoke in a soft and feminine yet commanding tone. Sneasel slowly uncurled himself; he tried to wipe his eyes with his bloody paws but winced as blood splashed into them. The Honchkrow brought one of her wings to Sneasel’s eyes, wiping them dry. “I am Patriot.” Honchkrow introduced herself, as she used her wing to shield Sneasel from the rain. “I saw you lying here, while searching in the storm for Pokémon. As I saw you I felt an unusual presence in my heart.” Sneasel sniffled and looked up into the vibrant ruby eyes of Patriot with his own dull red.

“A ... a presence?” Sneasel whimpered as he sputtered out his words. “You must be wrong ... I’m just a pathetic, worthless Sneasel.” He shuddered as he thought of the harsh words from his trainer.

“If you think like that ... you are worthless ... and I do not like to waste my time with Pokémon who are not strong enough to fight back.” Patriot brought her wings back; Sneasel flinched as the rain once again started to drench his skin. “Now. I’m offering you a chance to become more powerful than you could become as a puppet of a Human.” Patriot extended her wing and tipped her body slightly. “Climb on and I’ll take you to a group of Pokémon like you. Pokémon who have been abused and left to suffer by Humans and now work together to bring them down.”

Sneasel felt another pair of wings slide under his body, helping him to his feet. He looked at the shattered remains of his Pokéball and sighed. “I ... I want ...”

“Revenge?” Patriot smiled as she watched Sneasel’s miserable face slowly become angry.

“Yes ... revenge.” Sneasel growled as he spoke. He turned to Patriot with determination on his face. “I want to make him suffer.”

“Good.” Patriot helped Sneasel onto her back. She cawed into the sky, a bellowing rousing cry, a call to arms. Sneasel grabbed on to Patriot’s feathers as she took off into the dark rainy sky, the flock of Darkness Pokémon a moving mass of ominous black in the dark sky. Sneasel finally drifted off into a restless sleep as he flew on the back of the Honchkrow.

(Present Day)

Sneasel looked down at his paws; the scars caused by the shattered Pokéball were still visible. “That was my beginning.” Sneasel coughed to clear his throat. “I had been hatched by my trainer and knew little of a world outside of Human Pokémon battling and training.” Sneasel blinked and turned away as he felt the sting of tears forming in his eyes. “Patriot saved me from death that day.” Sneasel sighed as he wiped his eyes.

“I can’t remember what happened on the flight from Lightvale City. Or much of what happened when I first arrived at the camp.” Sneasel looked out of the cave, a pained look on his aging face. “I was dizzy from the loss of blood. They rushed me to a basic healing ...” Sneasel looked up as he thought. “...Station is the closest thing you could call it.” Sneasel sighed. “It will be hard to explain some things in the Human language but I will endeavour to try.” Sneasel ran one of his paws along another scar on his forehead. He winced as he felt the deep mark under his fingers.

“I don’t remember much of my first day at the camp. I was drifting in and out of consciousness as I rested.” Sneasel coughed violently for a few seconds before regaining his composure. “The next full day I can remember must have been the must have been ... my ... second at the camp.”

Last edited:
This seems like it definately has potential! You know, Sneasel's previous trainer sounds rather familiar... When Sneasel mentioned he was nameless... was that showing how many Pokemon are just refered to by there species name? The darker theme (no pun intended) is nice for a change, as I don't usually read things like that. Anyways, your story grabs and keeps the readers attention, too.

So overall, great job! n_n

I agree with Gato. Nice job. My new fanfic (click the link in my sig) also had a sort of uprising (only more successful) and one is coming agian later on.

hmmmm. I had better reply to some of these comments :p

This seems like it definately has potential!

Well you win the first post award ... and thanks.

You know, Sneasel's previous trainer sounds rather familiar...

They do?

When Sneasel mentioned he was nameless... was that showing how many Pokemon are just refered to by there species name?

Yes, I'm glad someone pointed that right out. It's not all of the reason but yeah.

The darker theme (no pun intended) is nice for a change, as I don't usually read things like that. Anyways, your story grabs and keeps the readers attention, too.

So overall, great job! n_n

Yeah, this is a departure from the (mostly) light and fluffy CtM and fanfic in general. Not that i'm generalising too much here.

I agree with Gato. Nice job. My new fanfic (click the link in my sig) also had a sort of uprising (only more successful) and one is coming agian later on.

Curse you. :3

But thanks.

whats this?? another story done by Jerematic?????

MUST READ!!
too bad Im going to bed now, I will be sure to read it tomorrow though

haha your name to me is like seeing a game made by Bungie or Epic. *Bows Down*

whats this?? another story done by Jerematic?????

MUST READ!!
too bad Im going to bed now, I will be sure to read it tomorrow though

haha your name to me is like seeing a game made by Bungie or Epic. *Bows Down*

You're far too kind.

But it's nice to see some more interest in this project.

Wow Jerematic! That was great!

You really made me feel how Sneasel was feeling, especially when it came back to present day. Every scar still on him...

I liked the transition to characters, it was all the human at first, so I thought it was going to be Sneasel telling the human at his perspective, then you swapped it, making for a nice effect.

Love the quote at the begining: "History is written by the victor" did you get that from Modern Warfare 2 or did you know of it before then.

I will be waiting anxiously for the next installment, at the end of the chapter I scrolled down thinking there was more and was like "thats all?! awwwww"

Wow Jerematic! That was great!

Thanks.

You really made me feel how Sneasel was feeling, especially when it came back to present day. Every scar still on him...

I liked the transition to characters, it was all the human at first, so I thought it was going to be Sneasel telling the human at his perspective, then you swapped it, making for a nice effect.

Yeah, it was a cool effect. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but the Human is purposefully unnammed and always capitalised. It alludes to the idea pointed out by Gato.

Love the quote at the begining: "History is written by the victor" did you get that from Modern Warfare 2 or did you know of it before then.

It's actually a quote from Winston Churchill. Ya know the British Leader from WW2.

There is some heavy ... influence from two games (from the same series) in the Human's summary at the beginning of the chapter. The tone of those games, annoyingly, did fit the mood and tone of the fic perfectly.

I will be waiting anxiously for the next installment, at the end of the chapter I scrolled down thinking there was more and was like "thats all?! awwwww"

Yeah DF's chapters will be short. and irregular in arrival.

Dark Freedom is a ... project ... of mine. An idea that i wanted to test. I'm going to be focusing more on finishing CtM before the end of the year. (Chapter 13 of that will be posted at the end of the month hopefully)

The fic will only really be around 10-12 chapters in length, each chapter detailing a key point in Sneasel's life and the Uprising.

And on that note i will be posting chapter 2 around 1-2 hours after this post.

Ok so here is Chapter 2.

The tone and mood is .... relaxed for this chapter. It's more of a scene and context setting chapter then just pure action and violence ect.ect.

There probably won't be a chapter 3 until sometime (*cough*late*cough*)next month, CtM 13 needs some love and attention.

P.s. I know there may be some cliché here ... I tried to avoid it but ... things are cliché for a reason.

Chapter 2: A New Life for a New Sneasel

“My second day at the camp was not to stressful.” Sneasel commented as he finished eating an indeterminate egg he had retrieved from a small side hole in his cave. “I was still recovering from my injuries I has sustained on that fateful night. My paws were all but useless thanks to the cuts.” He tossed the empty shell out of the cave, the sound of it cracking and smashing as it tumbled down the mountain side faintly reached the cave as Sneasel licked his hands clean.

The Human nodded as he finished his meagre rations, tidying his plastic cutlery and metal tray into his rucksack. The freeze dried food he had been eating for the last few days was starting to make him feel sick. Sneasel looked at the Human and shook his head. “I have plenty of eggs you could eat if you want.” The Human shook his head and coughed slightly, his breath condensing in the air.

“I forget, you Humans do not like to eat raw food.” Sneasel shook his head and looked back out of the cave, the falling snow dancing around in the strong wind. “Where was I? Oh yes, my second day.”

(10th of January 1990)

Sneasel flinched at the sunlight hit his face from the suddenly opened blinds. He groaned and brought his arms up to shield his eyes from the unrelenting light. Sneasel rolled off the rough straw bed and fell to the floor.

“Now, now.” A happy chirpy voice called to him. “You won’t do your paws any good rolling on the floor like that.”

Sneasel looked up at the ceiling of the odd room he found himself in. “Who ... who’s there? Wha ... where am I?” Sneasel asked. “Wait what about my paws?” He looked down at his paws, only to find them covered in bandages. Sneasel groaned as the amount of new information confused him.

“You must have lost a lot of blood.” The voice spoke in a concerned tone. Sneasel looked around the room and found the source of the voice. “I’ll explain what I can.” The Chimecho continued, “You can call me Koral.”

“A Chimecho?” Sneasel shakily stood up and looked around. He was in a small room, inside what appeared to be a Human dwelling. “Why is a psychic Pokémon doing here?” Sneasel scoffed slightly as he looked up the floating Chimecho.

“Because we are like.” Koral replied with a bitter note to her voice. “I was cast away by my ‘trainer’.” Koral floated down to Sneasel’s eye level and stared into his dull red eyes with her own yellow orbs. “All the Pokémon here were rejected and hurt by Humans. Type and species doesn’t matter here, we all live and work together to take down Humanity.”

“Sorry.” Sneasel stammered and looked away from the Chimecho. He walked to the window, looking out of the glassless frame to find he was in one of the many houses in an abandoned village on the coast north-west of Lightvale City. “So what is this place?”

“Patriot should have explained that to you.” Koral frowned as she floated next to Sneasel. From the window both Pokémon could see a group of fifteen Ariados scuttling down the weed covered road, the movement of their legs perfectly synchronised. “That said you were in a pretty bad state when you got here ... I doubt you remember much of yesterday.” Sneasel looked at the Chimecho next to him and nodded. “Anyway, Patriot said she was going to stop by and check on you. She’ll be able to give you a better explanation of our base than I could.” Koral floated away to a small dilapidated cupboard, the door were hanging off their hinges and the legs were either broken stumps or missing entirely. “I bet you are hungry.”

“Yes I am ... thanks.” Sneasel continued to look out of the window at the Pokémon. “Is Patriot the leader here?” He asked.

“No, she’s the second in command.” Koral replied as she used her psychic powers to rummage through the items in the cupboard. “Our leader is Tyranitar, Gabriel. He was the one who first united us and took over this Human settlement.” Koral pulled away from the cupboard with a cluster of berries floating in front of her. “Here these should be good of a Sneasel.” She set the berries down next to Sneasel who attempted to pick up one of them with his bandaged up paws. “Oh silly me.” Koral shook her head, her ribbon-like tail flapping around beneath her. “Here let me help you.” The Chimecho glowed slightly as she psychicly picked up a small Oran berry, guiding it to Sneasel’s mouth. He eagerly devoured it.

“Why did the Tyranitar ... Gabriel?” Sneasel paused as Koral nodded. “Why did he attack the Humans?” Koral sighed, bobbing around as she exhaled.

“Despite all of their technology, Humans are a very paranoid species.” Koral guided another Oran berry towards Sneasel’s mouth. “They see some Pokémon as threats to their own existence. Even when they seek to live their own lives peacefully.” Sneasel slowly munched on the berry as Koral gazed out of the window. “Humans have a great fear of Tyranitar; their strength and ferocious temperament cause Humans to try and curtail their numbers or isolate them away from settlements like this one.” Koral snapped back into focus as Sneasel tried to grab the berry she had absent-mindedly drifted away from him. “Gabriel’s ancestors lived in the cave system not to far along the coast. They were driven out by Humans when Gabriel was still a young Larvitar, and were moved to the foot of [Rock Mountain].”

“That doesn’t seem so bad.” Sneasel commented. “Why would Gabriel hate Humans for that?”

“They were moved to an area where another Tyranitar family lived.” Koral guided a Cheri berry to Sneasel. “As soon as Gabriel’s family arrived, the family already there started to fight with Gabriel’s.” Koral sighed wistfully. “After years of near continuous fighting, Gabriel had evolved into a Tyranitar and had a family of his own. But he was sick of living a life where he had to fight constantly, so he moved back down to the coastal cave his family used to live in.” Koral wiped her yellow eyes with her tail.

“Within days the family were being harassed by the Humans from this village. For a few months the Humans tried to force him back up to the mountains. When they were unsuccessful ...” Koral turned away as tears formed in her eyes. “They attacked his infant children and mate while fighting against him. He managed to escape their nets and weapons but ... the rest were not a lucky.” Koral shuddered as she thought about that fight. “Gabriel resolved to fight back against those how had forced him to live a life of misery and fighting.”

“So what did Gabriel do?” Sneasel asked. His mind was rushing around; conflicting thoughts about what he had been told clouded his judgement.

“I think it would be best for Patriot to explain that.” Koral replied. “After all she took part in the attacks.”

A while later Sneasel was once again at the window, looking out at the road. It seemed odd to him, the Pokémon were mimicking Human society or at least his knowledge of it. There was a knock on the door before it opened, revealing the impressive form of Patriot, her plumage perfectly preened and crest proudly displayed on her head.

“Young Sneasel.” The Honchkrow’s voice still had the odd mixture of feminine warmth and cold strength. “How are you feeling today?”

“Confused.” Sneasel gulped slightly as he spoke. “Where am I?”

“I’ll explain in a moment.” Patriot took a step away from the door and pointed along the corridor with a wing. “Do you feel good enough to walk?”

“Yeah, my paws hurt a little but I can walk.” Sneasel looked down at his right paw, the bandages hiding the cuts from his Pokéball.

“Good.” Patriot nodded, “Come with me and I’ll show you, your new life.” Sneasel nervously exited the room. Koral waved her stubby arms before turning around, a faint blue glow surrounding both her and the pile of straw in front of her.

Sneasel steadily walked along the corridor of the house, the faded pink wallpaper was either peeling off the walls or completely missing, showing the bare plaster had been attached to.

A low groan reached his sensitive ears as he passed a room. He peeked into the open door to see two Breloom lying on beds similar to that he had found himself on earlier. Both were groaning and clutching at parts of their body as a female Mr. Mime tended to their wounds. After a couple of seconds Sneasel looked to see that Patriot had descended the stairs, he rushed over and jumped the railing.

Patriot looked behind her as Sneasel landed with a faint thud; his body elegantly poised with his bandaged paws the only sign of weakness on him. She smiled slightly as Sneasel stood up and stretched; despite his youth Sneasel already showed signs of a strongly developing body. Patriot blew the door to the house open with a gust of her wings. She led Sneasel out onto the street before leaving the house herself, the door being closed by a hidden Pokémon.

“Sneasel, welcome to your new home.” Patriot’s voice had a vaguely tired tone to it as she began the routine for introducing her new recruits. “This used to be a Human settlement until it was over thrown by us Pokémon nearly four years ago.” Sneasel nodded in awe as he saw all the Pokémon in the small village; from the small families of Clefairy and Jigglypuff playing and resting in the hollowed out remains of a café, to the mass of Murkrow roosting of all the rooftops on the main street, to the large group of Ariados Sneasel had seen earlier marching along the road. There were Pokémon as far as he could see, without a single Human trying to catch or command them.

Sneasel felt odd warmth in his heart at what he saw. “How is this possible?” He asked his voice quiet.

“Humans are weak without us to fight with them.” Patriot explained as she walked along in the middle of the road, with Sneasel walking a step or two behind looking around at the buildings and Pokémon. “And after seeing what they had been doing to Gabriel ... to us as a whole. The violence they showed against him and the enslavement they had imposed on us. We became united.” Patriot stared into the sky, her eyes slightly glazed. “The normal predator-prey cycle was abandoned; type and species no longer mattered. We had a cause to fight for. Our freedom.” Sneasel looked up at Patriot, the fur on the back of his neck prickling. “Gabriel spent weeks planning the attack, using Pokémon who he had helped escape from the Humans ‘Pokémon Centre’ to encourage rebellion amongst the Human trained Pokémon in this village.”

Patriot stopped in front of the charred and smashed remains of a building. Sneasel was barely able to recognise it as a Pokémon Centre. “Gabriel’s power was awe inspiring. He charged the village a swarm of Pokémon. At the time I was a Murkrow acting under the command of my mentor, a Honchkrow called Vox.” Patriot looked up into the crystal blue sky and sighed. “He was a fantastic Pokémon; his skill in combat rivalled even the strongest dragon. Vox was the only Pokémon who Gabriel feared and truly respected.” Patriot shook her head and refocused. “Gabriel stormed into the village and led the attack on this ... centre. He tore it to pieces, the Humans inside didn’t stand a chance. He killed them without mercy, just like they had done to his family.”

Patriot began to walk again, heading away from the main road along a small side street. Sneasel scurried along trying to keep up with the large Honchkrow’s movements. “While this was going on Vox and us Murkrow created a perimeter to pen the Humans in. When they saw that they were trapped the Humans reached for their Pokéballs; many found them empty, the Pokémon once contained within now a part of Gabriel’s force.” The narrow side streets began to open up as Patriot and Sneasel left the main cluster of buildings in the village.

In front of both Pokémon stood a grand wooden structure, huge tree trunks lashed together with Ariados webbing. The wall stretched as far as Sneasel could see, turning off to enclose the village. The side facing the village formed a crude stairway up to the top of the wall, where numerous Drowzee kept a vigil; using their psychic powers to forewarn those in the camp of any threats. Patriot made a sweeping gesture with her wing as she showed Sneasel the barrier that surrounded the village.

“Humans think we cannot build without their guidance, that we are incapable of their feats of engineering.” Patriot scoffed as Sneasel stared in sheer amazement at the wooden wall. “Our wall proves them as wrong. We have survived many attempts by the Humans to reclaim this village, the wall was vital in all of those successes.” Sneasel stood and stared at the barrier, his mind growing more and more determined to make a difference.

“How did you drive the Humans out of the village?” Sneasel asked.

“We didn’t.” Patriot clucked slightly. “Vox ordered us to close in on the village as Gabriel and the rest of the Pokémon tried to finish off the Humans.” She ran a wingtip feather along her beak. “The Humans who tried to flee were pecked to death.” Patriot sighed and shook her head slightly before walking off, with Sneasel following close behind.

Patriot led Sneasel back to the medical house, explaining the finer details of what happened during the revolt. It wasn’t until the two Pokémon were walking along the alley next to the house when Sneasel spoke up.

“What happened to Vox?” Sneasel’s voice quivered slightly as he spoke. “Why are you leading the Murkrow flock?”

Patriot coughed slightly and looked away. “Vox ... disappeared soon after the battle. Gabriel sent him on a mission; he refused to tell any of us where he was going or why he was going alone. Only that I was to take care of the flock while he was gone.” Patriot looked up into the deep blue sky. “That was over three years ago.” Sneasel looked up into the sky. The flock of Murkrow taking off as he did, filling the sky. “I have to go for now Sneasel.” Patriot broke Sneasel from his trance like state. “You will have a few more days for your paws to recover. Then Commander Patchi will send for you.”

“Patchi?” Sneasel frowned as he heard the name.

“He’s a Weavile and will be taking you up [Rock Mountain] for your training.” Patriot explained as Sneasel stood at the door to the house.

“Right.” Sneasel looked around nervously. “Okay.”

“Do not worry about it too much Sneasel. You will do fine.” Patriot smiled before flying off into the sky, the mass of Murkrow forming around the Honchkrow. The flock disappeared from view moments later.

Present day.

“After Patriot left I went back up to the room where I had woken up.” Sneasel smiled slightly as he spoke, his eyes closed as he remembered days long since past. “Koral, the Chimecho, was cheerfully waiting for me. She changed the bandages on my paws; they had stopped bleeding by then, but were still tender.” Sneasel stood up and stretched. He walked over to the mouth of the cave and took a deep breath of the icy cold air. For a few moments neither Sneasel nor Human moved, no noise was to be heard.

“It is so peaceful up here.” Sneasel whispered. “On a clear day I can see the vastness of the, as you Humans call it, Actopon Region. From up here it is a beautiful sight, even with your cities.” Sneasel sighed and turned back into the cave. He sat in front of the shivering Human. “If you are cold, feel free to use fire to warm up. I shall be fine.”

The Human nodded and smiled, before wordlessly getting a Pokéball out from his rucksack. The Pokéball opened with a flash of light to reveal a Torkoal; the Coal Pokémon murred as he stretched, a plume of white smoke pouring from his shell and drifting out of the cave. Sneasel followed the smoke plume with his dull red eyes, each a mirror showing the smoke leaving the cave and floating up to the sky. The Human motioned for Sneasel to continue his story.

“I spent a couple more days in the village. I got to know most of the inhabitants a little.” Sneasel waved his hand slightly to blow away some of the smoke. “I can’t really remember a lot of what happened after Patriot left and before my training started. The time passed quickly and I didn’t return for over a month by which time there had been a few changes.” Sneasel rubbed at his stomach as it growled. “The most important thing to happen after my arrival was the end of my training. However that part of the story will have to wait, I need to eat.” Sneasel stood up and walked down one of the side tunnels of the cave, leaving the Human who also prepared his next meal.

Last edited:
Another good chapter~. Picturing the village, once the Pokemon lived in it, was pleasant and made me feel quite peaceful. It also seems like the Pokemon... teams.. are arranged based on evolutionary families. Makes sense, since they'd be built for the same climate. Koral seems very sweet, a good trait for anyone doing a job like that. Sneasel's demonstration of strength was nice, too.

Anyways, good work!

Very good chapter, excited for the next, but as you said CtM needs some love.

I couldnt imagine being one of thoes people. Surrounded by pokemon, you go to retrieve your own pokemon, whom you believed to be your friends and companions, only to find that they betrayed you. I find that eerily creepy. You said the mood was relaxed for the chapter, I thought it was, except for the retelling of... killing every Human.

I also learned, never piss off a Tyranatar.

I had a feeling that quote was from history, I doubted the game had made it up. I couldnt think of who said it though. Why do you consider the similarities in tone and mood annoying though?

Wow great start to this new story Jerematic! I'm lovin the descriptions and detail.

This story is actually quite similar to Pokemon Revolution and Pokemon Trainer both of which star Pokemon fighting against trainers.

I dare say that this is actually better than both of them.

W00Tage ... right ... whatever.

Another good chapter~. Picturing the village, once the Pokemon lived in it, was pleasant and made me feel quite peaceful. It also seems like the Pokemon... teams.. are arranged based on evolutionary families. Makes sense, since they'd be built for the same climate.

Thanks. The enviroment for the vilalge at the moment is nice and calm.... The "teams" are evo family based for now, it's not going to be like that for the whole fic though.

Koral seems very sweet, a good trait for anyone doing a job like that. Sneasel's demonstration of strength was nice, too.

Anyways, good work!

Koral is sweet ... but she also has a nasty side.

Very good chapter, excited for the next, but as you said CtM needs some love.

Thanks, and yeah CtM's plot needs to be advanced

I couldnt imagine being one of thoes people. Surrounded by pokemon, you go to retrieve your own pokemon, whom you believed to be your friends and companions, only to find that they betrayed you. I find that eerily creepy. You said the mood was relaxed for the chapter, I thought it was, except for the retelling of... killing every Human.

It's not as if ALL of the trainers Pokemon rebeled ... i might not have make that clear enough ...

I also learned, never piss off a Tyranatar.

Indeed

I had a feeling that quote was from history, I doubted the game had made it up. I couldnt think of who said it though. Why do you consider the similarities in tone and mood annoying though?

I think you mis read what i posted. I was annoyed with the games i sponged the intro off.

Wow great start to this new story Jerematic! I'm lovin the descriptions and detail.

Thank you.

This story is actually quite similar to Pokemon Revolution and Pokemon Trainer both of which star Pokemon fighting against trainers.

I dare say that this is actually better than both of them.

I've never heard of the other two so ... i dunno, but thanks.

Ahh I see then, not all pokemon rebelled. I am curious what they did to humans that did treat them well, like Nurse Joy.

So you just didnt like the game then? :(
(pardon me if I am just not understanding haha)

No I liked the games (Ace Combat 5 and Zero if you're wondering).

but you didnt like MW2?

I love the Ace Combat series, I only have AC6 though for the 360, and I think its great.

To stay on topic...

One thing I am curious about and I may get to see in this story. The pokemon are showing that they are indeed organized and intelligent. So I would be interesting to see how Rhyhorn organize themselves. The Rhydon/Rhyperior must have their hands full with them

“Within days the family were being harassed by the Humans from this village. For a few months the Humans tried to force him back up to the mountains. When they were unsuccessful ...” Koral turned away as tears formed in her eyes. “They attacked his infant children and mate while fighting against him. He managed to escape their nets and weapons but ... the rest were not a lucky.” Koral shuddered as she thought about that fight. “Gabriel resolved to fight back against those how had forced him to live a life of misery and fighting.”

Sorry, not feeling it.

Also, the entire killing everyone in the village seemed a little... harsh. The entire situation seemed a little unbelievable, to be honest. I mean, taking of a small village seemed reasonable. A raging tyranitar is enough reason to evacuate. But then killing everyone who fled?

I dunno. Maybe it's a dark type mentality or something.

Honestly, this chapter wasn't as good as the first.

...and I must say this again....

"I am Patriot."

METAL GEAR MUST BE DOWN THERE! ò_=

I feel I owe readers an update on the status of Dark Freedom, (and Cherish the Moments).

Firstly, and most importantly: The hard drive on my laptop is broken and I mean seriously buggered. The warning system didn't give me a good enough warning so I have no back ups. I am currently using my parents laptop and I have no access to all my back story notes and stuff.

Secondly, I've been having issues with the Pokemon society. It keeps becoming too human and seeming less realistic as an animal pack.

Thirdly, the pacing and purpose of Chapter 3 is lacking. The annoying thing is, that I need to show Sneasel's development through his youth, from being a young inexperienced scrappy fighter to being a highly skilled efficient and brutal killer. Only problem is that by spending time explaining and showing that ... I end up with a chapter were the polt just sits around twiddling it's thumbs.

All of which ends up de-moralizing me.

So what I'll be doing is not thinking about any of it while I spend this weekend on holiday in Paris, France :p Then i'll be using the warrenty on my lappy to fix it and hopefully recover my data pertaining to these fics.

Thank-you my dear readers for your patience.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom