• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dark Hole

Te-em

I want to rp!
Reaction score
I've heard that Giratina comes from the Dark Hole. And in my game Darkurai knows an attack called "Dark Hole". I don't know if there is any connection. But if there is, what is the Dark Hole?

Giratina is found in a dungeon in PMD2 called the Dark Hole. And I think "Dark Hole" in the Japanese version is called "Dark Void" in the English version.

Perhaps the "Dark Hole" is the portal to Giratina's dimension, but not the dimension itself. If Darkrai's Dark Hole is its staple sleeping move, then I think there may be a connection. The little boy in Canalave was put to sleep by Darkrai and was being chased by him in his nightmares. One can assume that, if left unchecked, these victims of Darkrai would eventually pass on to the afterlife once he catches them.

Giratina lives in the dimension opposite to ours, which I assume to be the world of the dead. If this Dark Hole is the gate way in between, then it makes sense, that to Darkrai, this move is one which can set eternal sleep.

I could have also gone with the answer that they are different continuities, and even in the Pokemon World forum, PMD's universe and the standard game universe can be seen as two separate ones, but that's no fun.

Wrong. Darkrai's attack is Dark Void, not Dark Hole. And you find Giratina in World's Abyss, not Dark Hole.

I don't know about Giratina, but in my game it's Dark Hole. You must be playing the American version, because they omit so many things, like characters from the movies that are in the games and they remove them, they also remove bits of the Pokemon history. If Satoshi Tajiri or whoever made a plot about a connection between Darkurai, Giratina and the Dark Hole, then they have made it. Or maybe they did not, but if they have, no one can say anything else, trying to change the Pokemon plot. Now, how would it feel like, if you made a good plot, and someone ruined it for you? I don't blame you for anything of course, I'm talking about the ones who made additional names for Dark Hole and changed the plot, and about my opinion about it. It must be confusing if someone play a game, and someone else play the game with the same name, but they have different plots . . . Same with the movies. That's why I stick to one side, but people don't seem to like me for it.

I'm pretty sure their use of the words "dark" and "hole" wouldn't have a connection to Darkrai's move Dark hole, just a way to describe that it came out of a dark hole.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom