• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Darkest Moment

Reaction score
What do you think is dark enough to be called one of the darkest moments of the games, anime and manga? Sorry if this has already been posted. For me-

1: I think that the darkest moment in the PMD series has to be the Paralyzed Future. Specially when your team, Celebi and Groovyle are completely surrounded by enemies, and everyone has given up hope.

2: For the anime, well, most of it HAS been rather cheery, but I'd have to go with Mewtwo Strikes Back.

3: Lance, Lance, Lance all the way. Climax of Yellow chapter.

1: Finding out that Ghetsis abused N.
2: Poor Cubone's mom being killed.
3: Reading Yamask's backstory in B&W.
4: This sounds silly but in R/S/E, Wally being so sickly. When I first played, I was afraid he would die later on in the game.

Giratina in general is rather freakish.

I like the concept that all the scientists in the burned out mansion went insane after seeing Mewtwo kill everyone else in the building; it's implied but still unsettling.

N's backstory
Ghetsis trying to kill you
Groudon and Kyogre's rampage
PMD2's psychologically breaking finale and the paralised future
Some moments from the movies (Zoroark Dying/Mewtwo being Mewtwo/Molly Hale's loss of her parents)

The Shadow Pokemon plot of Team Cipher is pretty dark to me, artifically closing Pokemon's hearts could be considered very dark and sinister.
This.

Basically, all these poor Pokemon have become nothing more than battling machines. No emotions, no chance to bond with a Trainer, no chance to feel any real friendship with anyone, at least not until they're rescued...they are basically robots, living machines. That's a horrifying thought.

When Mewtwo sees the other clones die. This is also very sad.
When Deoxys threatens the city in the seventh Pokemon movie, this gives a dark feel to the movie. It's also exciting. The dark moment passes when you know Deoxys is not there to hurt anyone.

At one point, Darkrai's ability. They said that it traps the person in nightmares "For all eternity" YET in Black and White 2 they hinted that the person can still die while in the coma. (Since the girl was never cured and her ghost in fact gives you the Lunar Wing to give back to Cresscilla) so that gave me a lot of relief that they all escape eventually. Yet since it's through death that's still pretty dark.

Yellow chapter of the manga. Pretty much nothing is more ground-shaking than seeing Lance the Superhero turned into a supervillain who aims to destroy mankind.

PMD, when Grovyle sacrificed himself...and when you sacrificed yourself for the sake of a better future. Good cause but still heart wrenching.
That movie, Rise of Darkrai when Darkrai sacrifices itself to save them from the Time and Space thing. (my favorite Pokémon movie by the way)

-Kyurem's backstory
-Yours and Grovyle's sacrifices in PMD
-Ghetsis calling N a complete failure
-Cyrus wanting to wipe the world out of existence and start anew with no emotions

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom