• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

DarthWolf's TCG Dex

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm DarthWolf.

I'm a big fan of pokemon and I'm a collector. I love to collect pokemon cards. Although I know how to play, I don't collect them for playing purposes and only play online once in a while. What I do love about the cards is the art on it.

Around a year ago I started collecting cards again and what better way to get back into it than with the Evolutions set. Since then I've slowly been expanding my collection again, but I felt like I needed a goal to work towards, to make it feel more rewarding. That goal is to make a Living Dex out of TCG cards.

So how does this work? I have a few binders that I use for this in which I order the pokemon on their national dex number, one for each slot. This will result in something like this
unknown.png
As you can see, I'm missing Squirtle and Wartortle so their slots are left empty.

I'm using a site to keep track of this TCG Dex.
Checklist

I wanted to record and share this journey to a full pokedex and this seemed like the perfect place to do it. I will update this thread and share highlights whenever I get something new, so I hope you'll enjoy it:)

As of this post I have collected:
363 pokemon / 44.2%

Current Progress:
605 Pokémon / 73.3%

Last edited:
I think a living dex of cards themselves is a fantastic idea. :D I collect for art myself but I like to organize by set and number.

Would definitely love to see how this comes along! <3

I think a living dex of cards themselves is a fantastic idea. :D I collect for art myself but I like to organize by set and number.

Would definitely love to see how this comes along! <3
Thanks, sorting by set is also a great way but I feel like that looks disappointing and wasted when you only have a few of a set

I could post pics, but that's a bit much:p
That's where the checklist comes in.

Also keep in mind that its not updated to USUM yet.

Got another small improvement. The highlight is definitely Kadabra Base Set though. I found him today as a seperate sale.
I was aware at the start of this hunt that, as some of you might know, Kadabra has only appeared in a few very old TCG sets. I knew he wouldn't be found in pack openings so I took the opportunity.:D

Anything base set I love for the obvious nostalgia factors. So great find! :D

After getting the Legends of Johto set I got some new cards added to the list. Seriously though, I already had Entei and Raikou, give me a Suicune... But hey, it's cool to have the trio card.

Besides that @Max1996 was willing to trade me some cards I didn't have in the list yet. So thanks a lot for that man!:D

Last edited:
I already had Entei and Raikou, give me a Suicune
Got suicune :) and the best part is that he is Japanese as well, got quite a bunch of Japanese cards from the pokecenter a month ago. This also includes some new mons for my dex. I'm currently at 59.9% / 491 mons.
For some reason they dont have them in the store now. However, I'll definitely fet more if I get the chance.

I've been keeping track of this as well! Mine is here: Pokédex Tracker | Track the Progress of Your Living Dex Completion

As I've been doing this for more than a decade, I'm quite a bit farther than you. I only have a few more to go! Good luck!
Oh that's cool. Damn you're almost there. I've always collected pokemon cards since i was young but not very rapidly. I did play with them a lot as characters. Only in the recent years did I start this challenge but I'm still keeping it relaxed and not overdoing it by spending all my money on it. I did once by a base set kadabra at a convention as a single (something I never do) because of it's limited accessibility.

Now that I have returned from Japan, I correctly updated the list. I added some stuff while I was there but not everything (Also apparantly forgot to check Porygon who I had for quite a while already.)

I also have another issue. Does anyone know a version / thing like this that goes beyond Marshadow (Newest UB's, Zeraora and Melmetal line)

Now that I have returned from Japan, I correctly updated the list. I added some stuff while I was there but not everything (Also apparantly forgot to check Porygon who I had for quite a while already.)

I also have another issue. Does anyone know a version / thing like this that goes beyond Marshadow (Newest UB's, Zeraora and Melmetal line)

The same website has one for USM which has the newest UBs and Zeraora. Not sure about Melmetal, though.

For news of my own, I got Alolan Muk and Zeraora at the latest prerelease! Only six more to go! (Eight if you count Meltan and Melmetal)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom