• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Datel's released a cheating device for X and Y

BigBadBatter

VOLCANO BAKEMEAT
Reaction score
Basically what it says in the title, so people have been getting shiny Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Mega Lati@s, and the Hidden Trio.

Just thought I'd mention, so you guys know to be careful and all. Discuss it too.

nooo. They made it so much easier for legit players to compete with IV breeding and multiple guaranteed perfect IV on legendary. Why cheat?

That's really bad. If it's not licensed by nintendo how can they legally sell it?
Nintendo tried and failed to stop cheating devices back in 1990, look up the Nintendo VS Galoob case if you want more information.

Where? I googled it, but I can't find it. It's not even on their site. EDIT: I found the software for the computer, but not the actual device you'd stick in your 3DS. EDIT 2: You buy it on Amazon.

Last edited:
That's really bad. If it's not licensed by nintendo how can they legally sell it?

The Action Replay DS was legally sold. It wasn't licensed by Nintendo. That's all I know.

But, is there proof of this? I'm sure there is and I've simply not heard it yet. And who exactly is Datel?

Yeah, I googled it up and found that as well. Though from what I understand this appears to have been released last year already, so I guess it's nothing new.

Well, people have been trying to hack the 3DS have been having some trouble with games like Pokemon X/Y and Animal Crossing, so it could be they just got support for it now.

Speaking technically, it's a device with a circuit created by themselves, a firmware stored into a microchip, and a pinout that happens to be "coincidentally" equal to NDS/3DS cartridges. But as long as there's no literal mention to Nintendo or any trademark, it can be sold at most countries. As absurd as it sounds, there's no legal way to prove ActionReplay devices are meant to be used on DS/3DS.

Oh boy, I might get a lot of disapproval for this: I think I'm gonna buy it. Although, I don't use hacked Pokemon against other people. I just use them to mess around with by myself. IMO, it's feel if you cheat and keep it to yourself, but it crosses the line if you go anywhere near multiplayer.

Personally, all I'd use it for is the same thing I used the previous Action Replay for in White 2: 100% catch rate and the "Exp. All". But then there's the fact that the only stuff I'm going to catch on X now would be random shinies (and I have never encountered a random shiny ever, just events, trades, and forced shinies) and I've already got the Exp. Share on, so that one's not needed. I guess the minor uses, max money and BP, would also be useful, but I don't really care at this point.

Oh boy, I might get a lot of disapproval for this: I think I'm gonna buy it. Although, I don't use hacked Pokemon against other people. I just use them to mess around with by myself. IMO, it's feel if you cheat and keep it to yourself, but it crosses the line if you go anywhere near multiplayer.
You sir, are a good hacker that doesn't ruin multiplayer. I applaud you :)

I share that vision. Unfortunately most brats are going to use it to cheat and run their 31x6-shiny-legendaries. As I read somewhere, "enjoy current PGL tournament, because it's likely gonna be the first and last one hackmon-free

If I were to buy it, I'd use it on X, since it isn't my main version, and I'd probably only use it to get the complete Dex. As of now, I can't see any other reason why I'd consider hacking X or Y.

But fairy type ruins wondertombs so isnt the cheating market kinda dead as a dragon now?
But on a serious note.. IV breeding and EV training have been made so simple and shinies are apparently more common and im sure the fine folks of the internets will eventually work out some RNG method for 6th gen at least.. So do we really need another generation of the hacks machines? But the cheat peoples have probably made huge money off pokemon since RBY so I guess it would be silly to stop now.. But BUT at least there is no pokegen yet.

At least its easy to spot some hackers out there. The only legitimate shiny legendaries are Rayquaza and Genesect, right? Seen way too many full shiny legendary teams last generation created by any novice hacker with access to the internet.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom