• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Datel's released a cheating device for X and Y

That's really bad. If it's not licensed by nintendo how can they legally sell it?

Speaking technically, it's a device with a circuit created by themselves, a firmware stored into a microchip, and a pinout that happens to be "coincidentally" equal to NDS/3DS cartridges. But as long as there's no literal mention to Nintendo or any trademark, it can be sold at most countries. As absurd as it sounds, there's no legal way to prove ActionReplay devices are meant to be used on DS/3DS.
This one says "FOR 3DS" front and center on the packaging, though. :|

Look up the Nintendo VS Galoob case. It sort of explains why companies are allowed to make these kinds of things.

Hm....I like the sound of this! Hopefully there's a "mark shinies" code so I can get all teh shinies. ;D

They will all be illegal though, since shininess is based on the PID and SV.
Not sure what you're meaning on that there, Julum (Sorry, I'm not smart when it comes to...values like that and stuff, lol. xDD.) But I don't really care if they're illegal. ^u^ I just like to use them for myself, so even if they're illegal then oh well. ;D
...Unless you're meaning something completely different then that, which then makes me feel stupid. XDD.
~~~~~
But anyways, I agree with everybody. It's fine as long as you're just cheating for your own game, but cheating and then using stuff for online battling and whatnot it just wrong. =/ Especially if it messes their game up. Which is why I don't do it. I just keep my cheating to myself (which I don't do MASS cheating, only for shinies or whatever, but still). But I am worried about this 3DS one...I don't know if I'd feel comfortable using it...Hopefully it wouldn't mess up my 3DS and stuff if I do buy it and use it. I guess I will have to see, if it ever comes out.

Hm....I like the sound of this! Hopefully there's a "mark shinies" code so I can get all teh shinies. ;D

They will all be illegal though, since shininess is based on the PID and SV.
Not sure what you're meaning on that there, Julum (Sorry, I'm not smart when it comes to...values like that and stuff, lol. xDD.) But I don't really care if they're illegal. ^u^ I just like to use them for myself, so even if they're illegal then oh well. ;D
...Unless you're meaning something completely different then that, which then makes me feel stupid. XDD.
~~~~~
But anyways, I agree with everybody. It's fine as long as you're just cheating for your own game, but cheating and then using stuff for online battling and whatnot it just wrong. =/ Especially if it messes their game up. Which is why I don't do it. I just keep my cheating to myself (which I don't do MASS cheating, only for shinies or whatever, but still). But I am worried about this 3DS one...I don't know if I'd feel comfortable using it...Hopefully it wouldn't mess up my 3DS and stuff if I do buy it and use it. I guess I will have to see, if it ever comes out.

There must be some consistency. PID is an identifier for a certain individual Pokémon. SV is an secret identifier for a certain individual Trainer. When these numbers combine in a precise way, a Pokémon is shiny. If you mark it as shiny "by force", that won't be consistent, hence it will marked as illegal.

Oh well. This was going to happen anyway.

I'm never going to even touch it. I disagree with any sort of cheating and I don't want any of that crap on my game.

I'll probably get it. I cheat, but I don't battle competitively or online at all (it just doesn't interest me) and I only trade/wonder trade pokemon i've caught myself (or have been traded to me) so I don't see the problem with that.

There was a video I saw somewhere where it has mega latiosite and mega latiasite. They kinda look like jet planes when they're mega evolved (well, MORE like jet planes)

I saw a conversation on GBAtemp, and learned that this thing gives an easy way to clone Pokemon. Since it can back up saves, make a backup of your X/Y save, and then put the game back into your 3DS and deposit the Pokemon you want to clone in Pokemon Bank, after that, use the device to restore from your backup, and the Pokemon you deposited will be both in your in-game box, and the Bank. Don't blame me if this corrupts your save or anything, though. However, I also read that sometimes it can't read certain X/Y carts, and other X/Y carts it can read, for some reason.

Last edited:
You can clone pokemon in X & Y via the use of a trading glitch - you don't even need that thing.

I read that it reads Y and not X, which is very odd, hence why I'm not going to get it just yet...

Last edited:
You can clone pokemon in X & Y via the use of a trading glitch - you don't even need that thing.

I read that it reads Y and not X, which is very odd, hence why I'm not going to get it just yet...

How does this trading glitch method work? I've heard it mentioned a few times so I'm curious, but I haven't found any info.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How does this trading glitch method work? I've heard it mentioned a few times so I'm curious, but I haven't found any info.

Both my boyfriend and I have used it sucessfully. Pokemon X/Y - How to Clone Pokemon - YouTube

Okay, thanks! I probably won't use the glitch, but it's funny that every Gen EXCEPT Gen V has had a cloning glitch in one form or another.

I don't mind cloning codes nor codes obtaining rare items. What doesn't sit well with me is the shiny cheat code. I've read that the Pokemon can't be nicknamed anymore, and they gain boosted experience as if they were not your OT anymore. Perhaps then, if I ever accept shinies in a trade from now on, I'll ask for nicknames. There is the Shiny Value method to combat this, though. Soooo I could just get more legitimate shinies on my own anyway.

To be honest, this thing is a little tempting.

No, I don't battle competitively and I don't trade hacks on the GTS. If I want another shiny I'll visit the FS or do a Masuda run. The only thing I'd want from this would be one of each rare berry--I can do the rest--and a few more Master Balls. That's it. The fact that I have rare berries sitting on my Gen IV and Gen V carts that I can't use or send over and the fact that I own 50+ Master Balls that can't be sent to Kalos bugs me to no end. I collected them so that I could send them on to other games but Nintendo and GF are basically saying, "Oh, you worked really hard to get all of those items, didn't you? Well, it sucks to be you."

Seriously Nintendo, stop with this mess. It makes honest players want to cheat and that sucks.

To be honest, this thing is a little tempting.

No, I don't battle competitively and I don't trade hacks on the GTS. If I want another shiny I'll visit the FS or do a Masuda run. The only thing I'd want from this would be one of each rare berry--I can do the rest--and a few more Master Balls. That's it. The fact that I have rare berries sitting on my Gen IV and Gen V carts that I can't use or send over and the fact that I own 50+ Master Balls that can't be sent to Kalos bugs me to no end. I collected them so that I could send them on to other games but Nintendo and GF are basically saying, "Oh, you worked really hard to get all of those items, didn't you? Well, it sucks to be you."

Seriously Nintendo, stop with this mess. It makes honest players want to cheat and that sucks.

Pretty much all of this. That is why I always say if people want to use these devices for items, I say let them!

Within reason, of course. As long as they are not using these devices to get items that haven't been released yet and using them against a non-AR user during major tournaments. Also, not manipulating the stats of a Pokemon and using them in a Play! tournament which gives them a really unfair advantage to other people who actually took the time to hatch good Pokemon eggs. That's a real douchebaggy thing to do since major prizes and valuable invitations are given out. That's where I draw the line on using this device. Other than that, go crazy. :D

It was going to happen eventually.

Cheating is occasionally fun but I usually prefer to do things old fashioned.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom