• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Datel's released a cheating device for X and Y

I only ever use the Pokébuilder App for finishing my Pokédex. So I really have no need for this. But cool that now people can find the other stones and 'mons! Good luck to whoever buys this! The last Action Replay I used erased the Kanto map from my SoulSilver.

i heard there were companies that either were developing or developed dirty tricks like that to deter people from using those devices

Actually, the hacking and cheating are supposed to be bad, not the ones trying to prevent it :/ It's sad that hacking and cheating has become so common that nobody think it's a bad thing anymore and there are even those creating cheat devices and parading around with it. It's discouraging people who don't hack/cheat.

There's nothing about hacking or cheating one's personal copy of a game that MAKES it bad.

Sure - as long as it is kept personal, private, and strictly to the owner. If you're going to hack, keep it to yourself. If you're going to cheat, keep it to yourself. Is it really that difficult to keep it private?

What? So I'm not allowed to say if I've used hacks? Freedom of speech, brah. In any case, like I said, I only use my hackmons for Dex filling purposes. I just wanna know if my SS map will go back to normal if I reset my save file or if I permanently screwed my game.

I only ever use the Pokébuilder App for finishing my Pokédex. So I really have no need for this. But cool that now people can find the other stones and 'mons! Good luck to whoever buys this! The last Action Replay I used erased the Kanto map from my SoulSilver.

i heard there were companies that either were developing or developed dirty tricks like that to deter people from using those devices

Actually, the hacking and cheating are supposed to be bad, not the ones trying to prevent it :/ It's sad that hacking and cheating has become so common that nobody think it's a bad thing anymore and there are even those creating cheat devices and parading around with it. It's discouraging people who don't hack/cheat.

There's nothing about hacking or cheating one's personal copy of a game that MAKES it bad.

Sure - as long as it is kept personal, private, and strictly to the owner. If you're going to hack, keep it to yourself. If you're going to cheat, keep it to yourself. Is it really that difficult to keep it private?

What? So I'm not allowed to say if I've used hacks? Freedom of speech, brah. In any case, like I said, I only use my hackmons for Dex filling purposes. I just wanna know if my SS map will go back to normal if I reset my save file or if I permanently screwed my game.
I should have said it more clearly - as long as the results of the hacks/cheats are kept strictly to the owner, okay, cool. If you made hackmons, keep them to yourself. If you filled the dex with hackmons, keep them to yourself. As long as you're not trading it to other people, then fine. That's all I wanted to say.

Is there a difference between the PowerSaves and PowerSaves Pro, or did they just decide to give it a more impressive name?

Is there a difference between the PowerSaves and PowerSaves Pro, or did they just decide to give it a more impressive name?

There's no difference. They just repackaged it to give it more attention, I guess. Also, they put out a Diancie code: [video=youtube;IMpwx6TipGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IMpwx6TipGU[/video]

I am tempted but no. I vowed from gen VI and on I WILL NOT CHEAT. I wamt to feel what its like to accomplish getting a shiny or finding a pokemon with a hidden ability. :D

There's no difference. They just repackaged it to give it more attention, I guess. Also, they put out a Diancie code: [video=youtube;IMpwx6TipGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IMpwx6TipGU[/video]
I saw that! I hope they can get ones for Hoopa and Volcanion soon.

Gotta love how there's already a code for Diancie when its upcoming distribution hasn't even started. That's what happens when you program your event Pokemon into the game from the start!

Anyway, I might actually buy this thing. I've kind of missed hacking my Pokemon games, it's just too much fun. Besides, I haven't touched my Y version since last October, so this may get me into playing XY again.

Wow that sucks and how lazy is Game Freak. This is possibly the most disappointly poor thing they have done.

I saw that! I hope they can get ones for Hoopa and Volcanion soon.

Well, color me disappointed. I was hoping we'd go out an CATCH the thing.

Well, color me disappointed. I was hoping we'd go out an CATCH the thing.

Colour me unsurprised - it seems since Gen IV (with the only exception being Victini) they never want us to actually CATCH an event legend so instead opt for those uber-lame scenes which just make you think, "wow. That was so lazy! I wanted a Sinjoh Ruins-type event to happen!"

Notice the LIST of moves posted. There are a LOT of casuality but there's a pokemon that learns those moves, there are the last 4 before level 15, the pokemon earns the moves.

Say to this guy that he should try to level up Diancie tpo seewhen it earns Reflect and a move important in competitive... STEALTH ROCK, because those pokemon next attacks are those two moves.

Surprise: Serebii updated all the moves of Carbink (the event doesn't said anything about 90% of the set).

The only differences with that pokemon is that changes Power Gem with Trick Room at level 46 and learns his signature move alongisde Moonblast at level 50.

It also learns the TM of Psyshock, Hyper Beam, and Giga Impact.

Last edited:
Wow that sucks and how lazy is Game Freak. This is possibly the most disappointly poor thing they have done.

What exactly are you referring to?

I believe he is referring to that really lame scene which is all you get in the game when you receive a Diancie through Mystery Gift because clearly Game Freak don't want us to CATCH the thing.

...So it's like Victini then in that you aren't just handed the Pokemon over Wi-Fi but there's actually an in-game event for it?

...So it's like Victini then in that you aren't just handed the Pokemon over Wi-Fi but there's actually an in-game event for it?

From the looks of things, you're still just given it over Wi-Fi. You just get a brief event after receiving it.

Eh, I'd only use it to take advantage of the two extra characters to re-nickname my transferred Pokémon. Now that you can enter 12 letters, my Cresselia's nickname, "SailorMoon", looks a little silly.

Of course, that's little reason to invest $39.99 in.

Woah, it's 40.00$? Geez...I think I'll wait until it gets a lower price. xD.
But you can re-nickname transferred Pokemon with this thing? O_O

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom