• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dawn of an Era (Sign Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFlareon

bowtie coconut birb
Reaction score
Long ago, a strange rock fell to earth. No one knew where it came from, but from it, a Pokemon-like creature emerged. Humans gave it the name Deoxys.

Many humans tried to capture Deoxys, but none ever succeeded. Frightened by these attempts, Deoxys fled into the mountains, away from humans, hoping it could find acceptance among pokemon. However, even among Pokemon, Deoxys was an outcast. Many Pokemon distrusted him, and others fled in fear. Eventually, Deoxys fled even further away, shutting itself off from all other life.

Years passed. Even in his remote mountain hideaway, Pokemon still sought out Deoxys, their mistrust and ignorance convincing them that he was a threat. In retaliation, Deoxys gathered a small group of followers, determined to once and for all earn their place in this world. Their efforts are checked by the much larger group of Pokemon, led by Mewtwo.

You are a Pokemon involved in this struggle; an outcast, much like Deoxys. His plight has drawn you toward his side -- but is it the right one? There is only one way to find out...

Rules

1. Standard BMGF RPG rules apply

2. Absolutely NO godmoding.

3. Hell's Devil Warrior is my co-GM for this RPG. If he says something and I'm not around, you listen.

4. No, you may NOT create a character for Mewtwo's side. It's much easier for everyone involved if all characters are on the same side.

5. Humans and trainers exist in this world, but they are by no means the focus of this RPG. Your character must either be a wild pokemon or have been released by their trainer, for whatever reason; humans also won't show up in this RPG unless myself or HDW decide to bring them in.

6. Put the word "cheesecake" somewhere in your sign-up post so I know that you've read these rules.

7. No legendary pokemon

8. Try not to post so much that other people who may not be able to get on very often will not get left behind.

9. Please be kind and courteous to your fellow players. This means no flamebaiting, no insults, etc.

Please note that I plan on being EXTREMELY strict in this RPG. If you break any of these rules, you get one warning. Break them again, and you're out. End of story, no negotiations.

Sign-Up sheet
Name:
Specie:
Additional Appearance: (meaning shinyness, scars, etc.; if none of these, just put N/A)
Personality:
History:
Known Moves: (no more than 6; if you were once a trainer's pokemon, you may know any move that the pokemon is able to learn, including Egg Moves, Tutor moves, TMs, and HMs. If you are a wild pokemon, you may only know moves that the pokemon can learn naturally or by Egg Moves)

I will post my sign-up later.

Last edited:
Name: Sun Wukong IV AKA Goku

Species: Infernape

Additional Appearance: His head flame is blue and white instead of red and yellow; numerous scars litter his body, mostly in the torso region; heterochromic, with his left blazing blue, the right a jade green; carries a staff made from a hickory tree; carries a slightly worn orange backpack with a tan water canteen.

Personality: Goku is a fun-loving primate with a cynical and somewhat lazy overall attitude. He has a strong sense of duty and justice. He does have some rude qualities and can be a bit flippant to people who either irritate him or badmouths anyone he likes. He can be rather honest and blunt about what some people had said around his presence, even though they weren't talking to him a good portion of the time. He also has a very bad temper. He also has a distinct curious aspect of him, something that he never got rid of as a kid.

History: Goku was born into a wild troop of monkey-like Pokemon led by a powerful group of Infernape that serve as the leading party amongst the Monfernoes, Chimchars, Primeapes, Mankeys, Ambipoms, and Aipoms. He was the fourth in line of being Troop King, as a Sun Wukong must name his first son after him as a sign of royalty. They were a troop dedicated to fighting off villainy and upheld order in the mountain they live in and the nearby forest. Goku was ready to be Troop King, until his younger brother Raditz ambushed him. They fought, but being taken by surprise left Goku unprepared, and he was quickly defeated, then tossed down a cliff face.

By some miracle, he lived, though he was pretty scratched up. A Lopunny took him in and healed him. He learned that Raditz has banished him if he was alive and told them that the Wukongs now ruled the place. Plus, if Goku was found, he were to be brought to Saru-Yama for his execution for a phony betrayal to their rival troop, living in the nearby mountain Hihi-Yama. Running for his life, Goku found a backpack he can use and stole it, but not before dumping it's contents, one of which were three bags of a new hybrid of peppers, dubbed Diablo peppers. Interested, he placed them back inside the back pack and fled.

A week later, Goku managed to find a hickory tree with the assistance of a Bibarel (as who know trees better than them?). By that time, he mastered the use of a backpack and has used it to it's full potential, and it came with a water canteen (which he didn't knew it could be used as such until he opened it and peered inside, poring water on himself). He fell the tree with assistance of an Ursaring, and using a blade he got when a Scyther lost it while in a battle, he wittled the tree down to a whole bunch of bo staffs. In his family, Sun Wukongs and their siblings were considered pros in the art of Bojutsu, even though they never found a scroll of the art, and there was often a tournament for Bo Staff wielders, and the prize was most often a beautiful Infernape or Ambipom. That or a nice meal. And the most proficient wielders are in the Wukong family. As such, they can watch, but they cannot participate. Goku tried to sign up, but its hard to sneak in when your head flame is the same as the royal family's flame.

Along the way down in life, Goku became a nomad, staying only to grow his Diablo peppers (which he learned what it meant after a Ludicolo told him) and to help out those in need. He learned that Saru-Yama and Saru-Mori are in a state of chaos, which was affecting the nearby primate mountains as well. Wanting to go back, he knew his death warrent was still on, he truged on, until he met Deoxys.

Known Moves: Close Combat; Flamethrower; Flare Blitz; Calm Mind; Blaze Kick; Mach Punch

Saru: Monkey (Japanese)
Hihi: Baboon (JP)
Yama: Mountain (JP)
Mori: Forest (JP)
Diablo: Devil (Spanish)

Cheesecake

And yes, I will be using foreign language terms.

Last edited:
Sign-Up sheet
Name: Kevin
Species: Swampert
Additional Appearance: Scars on his fins.
Personality: Normally, most others see Kevin as a cold-hearted Pokemon. But he cares about others (humans and Pokemon alike)

History: Kevin was released by his Trainer. He was under constant abuse (he trained day and night with almost no breaks at all), hence the scars on his fins. Angry and frustrated by this memory, he went off on a journey to find someone who actually cared about his well-being. He's still keeping at it.

Known Moves: Hydro Pump, Earth Power, Ice Punch, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge, Protect

If I broke any rules here, or if I left something out, let me know and I'll change it.

Edit: Cheesecake. I like cheesecake.

Edit 2: Does my history still need work?

Last edited:
HDW: Accepted
PlatinumDude: I had told everyone to put the word "Cheesecake" into their sign-up post somewhere to ensure that they had read the rules. As such, you are not accepted yet. Please re-read the rules and edit your sign-up accordingly.

Wow,been a long time since I roleplayed here

Name:Roary

Species:Tyranitar

Additional Appearance:N/A

Personality:A kind hearted Pokemon,he will do anything to protect his friends,even sacrifice himself.He is a formidable + determined fighter.The emotional scarring inflicted by his trainer has not yet fully faded,and there are times when he seems distant.

History:Found as an egg by a male trainer recently starting in the Johto region,he traveled around the gym circuit with him,were he became powerful in battle.But the trainer,who had no love for him really, cruelly abandoned him because he was too friendly.Then he wandered the land looking for friends.
Roary was devastated at the betrayal,so he usually cam across as scary rather than friendly.But while searching the mountains for fellow Tyranitar,he came across Deoxys and soon the two were friends.

Known Moves:Surf,Thunder Bolt,Hyper Beam,Ice Beam and Earthquake.

Cheesecake

Last edited:
Name: Lapis Lazuli

Species: Sableye

Additional Appearance: Lapis wears a tattered brown travelling cloak that swamps his entire body, leaving just his head poking out. The spikes on his body are about twice as long as a regular Sableye and he constantly seems to have a stern look on his face. All his spikes are tipped with alizarin crimson.

Personality: Lapis is kind and understanding to people that he knows and trusts, being an old tribe-leader, but he is cold and wary of people he doesn't trust. He has a fierce rivalry with both his own species and Mawile after the war between their tribes. Despite the fact he has only ever known one human, he trusts them the majority of the time and feels safe around them while other Pokémon might not. As a tribe leader, when he is pulled into the fight he feels obligated to win it, making him a fierce battler. He has also deduced that if he is going to end up in many fights, he might as well enjoy them. He is a natural born leader and seems oblivious to his size, taking on opponents twenty times his size, like Gyarados, with fierce determination.

History: Lapis was born into the responsibility of being the leader of a prestigous Sableye tribe, known by other nearby tribes as the "Lazuli Tribe", and they lived in an abandoned dojo in the mountains among other dojos that had been left empty after the humans that lived in them died out. There were several other tribes in the area, and one known as the "Lithium Tribe", controlled by a power hungry Mawile, got tired of the Lazuli being in complete control of the area. They overthrew three other abandoned dojos to plan their attack. The Lazuli were prepared for an attack by one tribe, but when the combined forces of three laid siege upon them, they were unable to counterattack and were defeated.

Lapis was knocked unconscious during the battle by the Lithium Tribe leader, Riaktyve. Riaktyve threw Lapis into the ocean and left him for the Sharpedo. Lapis drifted, starving but managing to conjure enough energy to save himself from being eaten by carnivorous water dwellers. A sailor spotted him in the water and rescued him, then nursed him back to health. The sailor was quite a good battler, and after discovering from an old book that Lapis was probably a Lazuli, he took it under his wing and trained it until it felt it was strong enough to defeat Riaktyve.

When the boat returned to the mountain range in which the dojos resided, the sailor released Lapis to let him return to the dojo to regain his honour. After a painful and epic battle between the two tribe leaders, Lapis was victorious. However, the Lazuli wanted to know why Lapis didn't come back earlier, as it had been a year since he had been defeated. It had been a year of hell for them. The rest of the Lazuli cast Lapis out, and he was forced to fend for himself. After three months of wandering these mountains, he came across the place where Deoxys lived.

Known Moves: Shadow Claw, Thunderpunch, Theif, Recover, Faint Attack, Substitute

I liek cheesecake.

Name: Lily

Specie: Bulbasaur (Unless we have to be fully evolved, then I'll edit)

Additional Appearance: Lily is a very.... unique Bulbasaur. A normal Bulbasaur is a kind of Aqua blue color with green spots and a green bulb, but Lily is pink with purple spots and a purple bulb.

Personality: Lily is a very sweet, caring, and loving pokemon. She is also very smart as well. But, if she meets a person who is mean, and rude to her she gets very angry and sad on the inside, but she doesn't speak her feelings, and she absolutely hates fighting, so she never stands up for herself.

History: Lily was originally owned by a male trainer, who was a trainer. He got the egg holding Lily by winning a battling competition. The person who gave the egg to him said it was a very special egg, and the trainer was very excited and couldn't wait for it to hatch. Unfortunately (In the trainers opinion) Lily hatched from the egg. The trainer really didn't like Lily's appearance, since she was pink and purple. In his opinion, she was "girly". As a result, he released her into the wild. This event didn't happen too long ago.

After Lily was released, she had to find shelter. She searched forests, and looked for a pokemon that would be willing to care for her, but every pokemon she found was afraid because of her color. Eventually, she came to the mountains where Deoxsys is.

Known Moves: Tackle; Leaf Storm (Egg move); Energy Ball (TM); Sludge Bomb (TM); Sleep Powder; Posion Powder.

I love Cheesecake! This is my first RP here at BMGF, so I'm excited.

HDW: Accepted
PlatinumDude: I had told everyone to put the word "Cheesecake" into their sign-up post somewhere to ensure that they had read the rules. As such, you are not accepted yet. Please re-read the rules and edit your sign-up accordingly.

Sorry. I'll fix it now.

Edit: fixed

Last edited:
Holy cow, I didn't think this would get this much attention...also, sorry for this and future delays. I just realized last night that I've caught a cold, and I've had a massive sinus headache all day, so until I'm over it, I'll be a little out of it.

TheGoldenTyranitar: I do not know what (|-|33$3(4|<3 is. I would appreciate it if you -- and everyone else, for that matter -- did not use leetspeak. Also, I would like to see a bit more detail in your character, particularly in their history. Not accepted.

X-Scissor: Accepted.

Johto Trainer: No, you do not have to be fully evolved. Accepted.

Platinum Dude: The character is good, but remember that we are all supposed to be a group of outcasts of some sort. Not (quite) accepted.

CHEESECAKE!

Sign-Up sheet
Name:Fiesta
Species: Ludicolo
Additional Appearance: N/A
Personality: Fiesta is annoyingly happy. He can make anyone crack a smile and is always smiling himself. He dances instead of walking.He is a skilled fighter but doesn't fight that often.
History: Fiesta was abandoned by his owner along time ago due to him losing battles to have fun, but Fiesta continues to wait for his owners return and is in Denial about his abandonment. He is extremely fast in the rain, which he causes often by dancing. He had a mild stint as a wild contest contestant He looks for his owner every morning. He was physically abused as a lotad and lombre but has since repressed that.
Known Moves: Rain Dance, Surf, Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Sweet Scent, and Fire Punch.

Last edited:
Look at them all! Wow! Truthfully, I was hoping more main stream RPers would join...

TheGoldenTyranitar: I do not know what (|-|33$3(4|<3 is. I would appreciate it if you -- and everyone else, for that matter -- did not use leetspeak. Also, I would like to see a bit more detail in your character, particularly in their history. Not accepted.

Johto Trainer: No, you do not have to be fully evolved. Accepted.

Thanks for acceptance! Also, I think (|-|33$(4|<3 is supposed to be cheesecake.

Look at them all! Wow! Truthfully, I was hoping more main stream RPers would join...

Chocolate Bones said he would later tonight...anyway.

Grape Drink: Interesting character, but I'd like to see a few more details in his history. Not (quite) accepted.

Platinum Dude: Accepted.

Yeah, I would have added more but I was in a rush for a bagel, I'll add more now.

Sorry,I was tired and in a rush and the leet just seemed like a good idea.
And as for the info stuff,I'll go fix now.Sorry!

Hey all! Feeling lots better today -- hopefully I didn't just jynx things -- so let's get back on the ball.

Grape Drink: Accepted
The Golden Tyranitar: Accepted

So far, this is our complete 'cast':
Hell's Devil Warrior: Sun Wukong IV (Goku)
PlatinumDude: Kevin
TheGoldenTyranitar: Roary
X-Scissor: Lapis Lazuli
Johto Trainer: Lily
Grape Drink: Fiesta

I'm expecting one more sign-up from someone else, but I think that and my own character round this out to a good-sized cast. Therefore, sign-ups are now CLOSED (unless you're Chocolate Bones, in which case, get on the ball! xP). Thank you to everyone for signing up! I hope we can have fun with this!

If you haven't signed up yet and you REALLY want to, please PM me with your sign-up sheet. Because you're signing up this way, I'm going to be a lot more stringent about whether or not I accept you, so be aware of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom