• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dawn of an Era (Start Up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyFlareon

bowtie coconut birb
Reaction score
NOTE: Deoxys will be shared between myself and HDW. Dunno if I specified that or not in the sign-up thread, but there it is. Enjoy!

The sun rose over the mountains, painting the normally grey cliffs in vibrant golds, pinks, and reds. Though it was winter, the harsh chill did not reach the small group of pokemon gathered in a clearing on the northernmost edges of the great forest at the mountain's base.

All but one of the pokemon was asleep. The lone figure that remained awake watched the sun rise. He sensed something strange in the morning's light -- an ominous presence that did not fit with the day's soft glow. Deoxys waved his tentacled arms softly in anticipation. Something was coming.

He heard something behind him stir, but did not give any indication of it other than to address it. "Good morning, Kitsune. Did you sleep well?"

Kit stretched her front paws out in front of her, yawning widely. "Well enough." she replied. "Am I the first one awake?"

"You are. But please wake the others. I sense something foreboding on the horizon."

Kit sat next to Deoxys, looking where he was. "Is it Mewtwo?"

"I do not know."

Kit shrugged as best a four-legged pokemon could and stood, giving a soft sigh. "Whatever you say, I guess. We chose to follow you, Deoxys." she said, turning around to start waking the others.

"Do you regret it?" Deoxys asked, the tone in his voice masking any thoughts he had on the question.

"Not right now." Kit replied, placing a paw on the pokemon closest to her -- an Infernape with flames of wholly unnatural (in her opinion, anyway) colors -- and shook. "Rise and shine, monkey boy. Deoxys says we've gotta leave."

"Whuzzat?" Goku asked, sleeply getting up. Stretching, he managed to pop his arms and back in a chorus of cracks. Deoxys just shook his head at the exiled monkey king's behaviour. Goku then scratch his head while smacking his lips. "Beautiful morning. Morning, Kit-senpai." Goku said getting up and stretching his legs.

((Senpai = used to address or refer to one's senior colleagues in a school, company, sports club, or other similar groups.))

Monty looked like little more than a massive heap of vines piled into the clearing as he slept, stirring every once in a while as though something was trying to escape from under it. His strong, heavy arms were spread out onto the tall mountain grass as the morning sun shone over him.

Fiesta was sleep-dancing and woke up in the morning, "Good Morning, Everyone!" He said in a loud, joyful tone to the group.

Fiesta's loud, yet cheerful good morning woke up Lily. She got up, and stretched out her arms and legs, and said "Good morning everyone." Then she yawned a long yawn. "I'm...tired..."

Kit rolled her eyes at Goku's gratuitous Japanese and was about to tell him to knock it off when Fiesta's loud yell of "Good morning!" shattered the dawn's calm, making her wince. "G'morning to you too, Fiesta..." she grumbled, already fed up with the Ludicolo as she walked over to Lily and nuzzled her softly. "No time to be tired." she said to the small, oddly colored Bulbasaur. "We've got a long day ahead of us."

Kit then turned, eyeing Monty. The Tangrowth was notoriously hard to wake up in the mornings. For a moment, she delighted in the consideration of singeing the tips of his vines, but shook that thought out of her head and walked up to him, placing her head next to his ear. "Monty! Wake up!"

The Swampert known as Kevin was still fast asleep. After a few minutes, he stirred. Groaning, he slowly opened his eyes.

"Ugh..." he mumbled, "'Morning, guys."

"I can help," Fiesta said, holding a Chesto berry for Monty, "This should wake him up easily."

"I trust everyone is well rested." Deoxys spoke, with Goku taking out his bo staff and walked into the forest for training. You know which tree he used the most as it is worned down on the sides in concaving curves.

The thick vines that covvered Monty's body ruffled loudly as he stood up, his long arms dragging back to him. He stood in the morning sun, towering over the other Pokemon, still half asleep with his eyes closed. The sun hit the distant spring, and the light reflected back into his face perfectly, forcing him to open his eyes.

"Huh?!" he said, seemingly shocked. He looked down at Kitsune and smiled happily, though his eyes showed it rather than his mouth. "Good morning, Kitsune," he said, apparently forgetting that it was her who woke him from his peaceful slumber. He glanced around curiously. "I'll make us breakfast..."

He looked down at Fiesta, the peppy Ludicolo, and happily accepted the offered Chesto berry. "Thanks!" He said, popping it into his hidden mouth. He secretly hated the taste of Chesto berries, but he made sure it didn't show.

Kit smiled back before turning back to Deoxys. "Seems like it." she answered, sitting down again and beginning to wash one of her front paws casually.

Deoxys nodded. "Good. As soon as we have eaten, we must leave. An unsettling presence is headed this way -- it may be Mewtwo and his army, come to finally try and destroy us for good."

"Violence begets violence." Goku said, coming back grasping his bo staff and getting his backpack and took out a Verde Diablo pepper.

((Verde Diablo = Green Devil in Spanish))

Kevin eyed Goku curiously.

"What's the pepper for?" he asked, "And are you saying that violence leads to more violence?"

"Snuuurk."Said Roary,waking with a start and rolling over.He pulled himself to his feet and blinked the sleep from his eyes."Good morning everyone!"he said happily.Then he noticed that no-one exactly looked happy."Something wrong?" he asked, starting to feel worried.

"Yes. And the pepper is just a one-use thing I use to amplify my flames, though it isn't a dramatic rise in power. Also, it's helluva spicy." Goku answered Kevin.

"'Helluva spicy' makes absolutely no sense..." Kit grumbled, but she was cut off by Deoxys speaking once again.

"Today we must reach the other side of the mountain, at least. The forest is thicker over there, from what I've gathered from the minds of the native pokemon. They will avoid us, but they are not immune to my psychic powers."

A rustle came from some nearby bushes and a Pidgeotto flew out of them, climbing towards the sky. Deoxys watched it go, looking troubled. "A spy from Mewtwo. We must move quickly." he repeated, gesturing to the south. "If Mewtwo thinks that we are headed to the other side of the mountain, then we will not go there. Instead, we will trek further down the mountain, on to the southern side."

The bushes on the opposite side of the clearing rustled a few seconds after the Pidgeotto spy appeared. Lapis, the Sableye, popped his head out and looked around, scanning the clearing and everyone in it. He scuttled from the underbrush, dodging about randomly as if he was in a battle, holding the brown ball that was his cloak between his clawed hands. The cloak seemed to be obscuring something

"Sorry I'm so late, master." Lapis apologised in his squeaky voice, "I was tending to my plant." Lapis opened up the cloak to reveal what was inside, revealing a small plant with only one leaf on it, sitting in a pot made of wood. He dropped down on one knee and held it before Deoxys as if he was giving him some sort of holy offering.

Lily looked at the one leafed plant. "What's it for, Lapis?" She asked. She was curious about that plant and why he had it. She really liked plants, being a grass type. "Are you going to take it with you on our way to the southern side of the mountain?"

"Let's get on with it, then." Goku said, walking ahead of the group and placed the Verde Diablo pepper in his mouth, but didn't chew.

"Shouldn't we sit down and have breakfast first?" asked Kevin, "We need our strength for our journey."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom