• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dawn without new Pokemon

ManUtd22

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I do love Hikari (Dawn) so much and i am a big fan of her and she had the best bond with ash. HOWEVER, I do want to see a new pokemon for dawn as she didn't catch anyone frkm the sinnoh time until now?

She left ash at the end of sinnoh and back jn black and white to see and meet him but without new pokemon. Only quilava been evolved by cintaquil.

Shirona (Cymthia) showed a new pokemons such as the dragon fight from xy and glaceon and still she didn"t.

Brock catched in xy, and a lot of ash friend showed a new pokemon

But she still not, even during her episodes in Pokemon 2019; so do you think she reach to level that made her bored and doesn't want to catch any new pokemon?

227874025_385686196234106_6767043185998791830_n (1).jpg

People are still going on about this? As we've gone over the writers don't want to evolve Buneary so their only option is Quilava. But given it's a Johto pokemon they probably don't want to focus on it much till they have a new advertising reason to do so. I wouldn't mind seeing her with a new capture though.

As for every time a past companion came back with a new pokemon it wasn't much a big deal. Misty got an Azurill in AG that appeared for 2 episodes and then disappeared for the next 15 years never seen or mentioned again. Brock got a new pokemon in SM that was so uneventful I'm willing to bet nobody remembers. Stuff like Iris Axew evolving is good because it was built up from BW but the series failed to develop it back then.

Technically May had no new pokemon either outside of evolutions and the only one that mattered was Glaceon. The rest was basically window dressing and Venusaur only appeared in a 3 second still screen image with no animation that I don't see why it matters.

I also gather the writers keep the teams mostly the same for nostalgia for old fans. A new pokemon would be nice, but we'd likely only see it for a small scene and be irrelevant.

People are still going on about this? As we've gone over the writers don't want to evolve Buneary so their only option is Quilava. But given it's a Johto pokemon they probably don't want to focus on it much till they have a new advertising reason to do so. I wouldn't mind seeing her with a new capture though.
Well considering that Dawn seems to be one of the few returning characters that seemingly hasn't made any changes to her team or made more progress towards her goal, I can't really blame people for being upset about it. I'm still kind of mixed at best about it myself.

As for every time a past companion came back with a new pokemon it wasn't much a big deal. Misty got an Azurill in AG that appeared for 2 episodes and then disappeared for the next 15 years never seen or mentioned again. Brock got a new pokemon in SM that was so uneventful I'm willing to bet nobody remembers. Stuff like Iris Axew evolving is good because it was built up from BW but the series failed to develop it back then.
I remember Brock getting Comfey. Admittedly, I don't think it got as much attention as his battle with Olivia did, but it connected to his goal and was involved in a scene that showed how much progress Brock has made as a Pokemon Doctor in-training. Besides that, even if he didn't get a new Pokemon, getting a Mega Steelix already showed that he had made some progress off-screen. I also remember people liking Azurill back in the day more than Togepi despite only being in a couple of episodes, but I'm pretty sure that was primarily due to how it wasn't virtually useless or stuck around for way too long. I'm also pretty sure that people wanted to see if it had evolved when Misty appeared in SM. I'm not surprised that they didn't feature it since they were more interested in showcasing her more recognizable Pokemon, but much like Brock, getting a Mega Gyarados still showed that she had made progress off-screen.

I still don't think that Axew evolving was good or really built up from BW. I can understand why it happened when they wanted to show Iris' progress since leaving the cast. If I thought that there was a better foundation for that development so that it felt more natural, I'd probably be fine with it. Given how I feel about Iris and her storyline in BW, I think it's an incredibly forced and contrived way for Iris to match more with her video game counterpart.

Technically May had no new pokemon either outside of evolutions and the only one that mattered was Glaceon. The rest was basically window dressing and Venusaur only appeared in a 3 second still screen image with no animation that I don't see why it matters.
May didn't bring in new Pokemon, but considering that she showed up with three evolved Pokemon, I don't think that really matters. It just seems a bit much to write off those evolutions when they still showed how much May had done since leaving the cast. I can understand writing off Venusaur as just window dressing, but Wartortle was used in the appeal round and showed how much May had improved after leaving for Johto. Glaceon was the main star out of the three and people, including myself, have pointed out how random it was for May to get a Venusaur in a quick cameo, but they all still represented May's progress in the Johto Contests.

I also gather the writers keep the teams mostly the same for nostalgia for old fans. A new pokemon would be nice, but we'd likely only see it for a small scene and be irrelevant.
Keeping the teams largely the same for nostalgia is understandable, but getting a new Pokemon even for a brief moment would still be something. I don't think that Dawn not getting a new Pokemon is necessarily the problem though. I still think it's a matter of not making any visible progress towards her goal. All of the other female leads have had some changes to their teams when they've made returns in the past to show that they have been still working towards their goals. Even Dawn did that in BW with her Quilava. Misty having a Mega Gyarados or May showing up with three evolved Pokemon effectively does the same thing. Dawn having the same team after all things time just gives off the impression that her progress has been stagnant.

To be fair, given what I've heard about both of Dawn's two parters, there wouldn't really be much time to focus on what she has been doing Contest-wise and her team doesn't have a lot of evolution options to begin with, but it does feel like she has the short end of the stick compared to most of the other female leads during their returns. It also feels especially jarring when they went out of their way to make Iris a Champion, while Dawn's team is largely the same.

The lack of evolutions isn't a problem per se. The bigger issue is that she doesn't seem to have made any progress at all. However, that has more to do with no one on the main cast being into contests (and that Dawn's defining characteristic), then the character herself. Like it is easier for Misty in SM or even Iris in PM to show their progress because they have Ash to work with. What Dawn needed was to play the DP May role, but she doesn't have anyone on the main cast to play the Dawn role.

I would have loved to have seen Hikari and Serena play off each other actually :( A post-series special (like Takeshi/Dent or Dent/Citron/Eureka) where they go head to head in a contest, or Hikari in some way mentors Serena would have been perfect. They’ve got different enough personalities but that Satoshi connection for there to be a wonderful spark and something interesting to see… Ahhhh alas that this will not come to pass.

Yeah, the fact that she hasn't had any changes in her team doesn't bother me as much as the fact that she seemingly has made no progress. Bunneary and Quilava not evolving is fine. No new Pokemon is fine with me. But... Characters like Brock and Misty got Mega Evolution when they returned. Iris became the Unova Champion. Dawn? Nothing. No word on Hoenn. All we know is she's going through Sinnoh again.

She barely has a goal anymore. Sinnoh contests again? She didn't care about missing one of them in the first two-parter, either.

For someone who has been to Hoenn, Unova, Johto and probably Kanto, she doesn't have anything to show for it.
Yeah, the fact that she hasn't had any changes in her team doesn't bother me as much as the fact that she seemingly has made no progress. Bunneary and Quilava not evolving is fine. No new Pokemon is fine with me. But... Characters like Brock and Misty got Mega Evolution when they returned. Iris became the Unova Champion. Dawn? Nothing. No word on Hoenn. All we know is she's going through Sinnoh again.
We know she had to have won 10-15 contest ribbons off-screen. She said in the previous 2-parter she competed in Contests in Johto, Hoenn, and other regions and is now re-doing them in Sinnoh again. That alone implies she finished at least 2 or more Contest circuits in Johto and Hoenn. So she won ribbons and I assume lost those Grand festivals in the finals again.

Since contest ribbons expire unlike Gym badges it makes sense for her to do Sinnoh Contests again and try to win in her home region. People who claim she hasn't done anything are really overlooking the fact that she had to have won at the least 10 Contests off-screen to be done with those regions and be back in Sinnoh.

Anyway besides all that I guess the writers also don't want her to be Top coordinator yet while the show is running for the same reasons May and Serena never won anything so there's nowhere to take her when she already made it to the finals.

We know she had to have won 10-15 contest ribbons off-screen. She said in the previous 2-parter she competed in Contests in Johto, Hoenn, and other regions and is now re-doing them in Sinnoh again. That alone implies she finished at least 2 or more Contest circuits in Johto and Hoenn. So she won ribbons and I assume lost those Grand festivals in the finals again.

Since contest ribbons expire unlike Gym badges it makes sense for her to do Sinnoh Contests again and try to win in her home region. People who claim she hasn't done anything are really overlooking the fact that she had to have won at the least 10 Contests off-screen to be done with those regions and be back in Sinnoh.
I'm not sure if it's a matter of overlooking those Contests exactly. Even with all of that experience, Dawn is still effectively where she was at the end of DP, or possibly the special where her Cyndaquil evolved given that is the only change in her team otherwise. Going through at least two other Grand Festivals and going through multiple Contests isn't nothing, but at the same time, when she doesn't have any major victory or at least any noticeable changes for her team, it doesn't really convey that she has made progress. If she has gone through a total of three Grand Festivals, including her first time through Sinnoh, then there really should have been some changes made to her team to make her off-screen development more visible. It definitely doesn't help that we don't know how she placed in those Grand Festivals either. It would be like just judging Ash's progress through different regions by just saying he earned more Gym badges, but we're only left to assume how well he did in the Leagues and know that he still had to lose off-screen.

Anyway besides all that I guess the writers also don't want her to be Top coordinator yet while the show is running for the same reasons May and Serena never won anything so there's nowhere to take her when she already made it to the finals.
Not making Dawn a Top Coordinator for that reason would be pretty weak when they have no problem making Iris a Champion off-screen. I know that becoming the Unova Champion wasn't Iris' goal and she pretty much said that she's still working towards her Dragon Master goal, but it just seems weak to allow Iris to make such huge and in my opinion unbelievable progress off-screen while Dawn isn't allowed to become a Top Coordinator in spite of all of her experience. The fact that she already made it to the Grand Festival finals might make it harder for them to figure out where else she can really go, especially when Contests probably aren't going to be featured more prominently in the anime sadly. I would still love for them to have Chloe go watch one of Dawn's Contests or something like that just to get a taste of Contests again, but even that might be hoping for too much.

I'm with a lot of others here. To be perfectly honest, making Iris a Champion completely off-screen when her character didn't even wanted to become a Gym Leader or something was jarring imo. But like... how do they see making Iris into a Champion, again, off-screen, as something appropriate, yet giving Dawn a new evo/Pokémon as a no-no???

Like, Idk if seeing Dawn becoming a Top Coordinator off-screen would've been exactly satifying, at least imo (since I still have some issues with her defeat at the Finals in DP), but at the absolute least it would've made more sense for her to have achieved that position in that way than it was in Iris's case. Just to clarify: no, this is not Iris-bashing, before anyone tries. Albeit her situation wasn't handled the best, my ultimate problem is that Iris was straight up allowed to become Champion and even get Axew to fully evolve into Haxorus and become extremely powerful, yet Dawn got virtually nothing new to show.

And even the ''But she competed and won a whole lot of Contests in Hoenn and Johto!!" thing feels lukewarm to me because she also didn't won those, so she virtually got stuck in the position she left in at the ending of DP. And is also jarring she went into 2 whole new regions with Quilava and Buneary and while they obviously did something there, they didn't evolved at all, or even that she saw a whole new bunch of Pokémon in those two regions and didn't got interested in any of those.

I still think Dawn got the shortest end of the stick there.

If Dawn was said to be Top coordinator it would not be much more than a throwaway line in an episode because it would be off screen and we wouldn't get to see it. Then you would have people complaining her big victory was off-screen and it would feel kinda empty. Some people waited 10+ years to see Dawn win a Grand Festival, imagine if she just said she won and nothing else similar to Iris being champion? It'd feel shallow and I wouldn't care.

Also being bothered by Buneary not evolving when the writers had it around for 180 DP episodes and didn't evolve it for 4 years, I don't see why it would happen now. Do you see people wondering why Misty's Psyduck didn't evolve? Brock's Geodude that we saw again in SM? May's Skitty or Munchlax? Cilan's Pansage? Clemont's Bunnelby? Serena's Pancham, etc?

The writers keep certain pokemon in every main characters team unevolved forever. I'm not sure why people are surprised they did the same with Dawn. As I mentioned Quilava is the only pokemon of hers I could see them evolving someday.

I dont really mind it. I am more annoyed to got like 30 seconds screentime

If Dawn was said to be Top coordinator it would not be much more than a throwaway line in an episode because it would be off screen and we wouldn't get to see it. Then you would have people complaining her big victory was off-screen and it would feel kinda empty. Some people waited 10+ years to see Dawn win a Grand Festival, imagine if she just said she won and nothing else similar to Iris being champion? It'd feel shallow and I wouldn't care.
I'm not sure if it would feel empty. It would be a shame to not see Dawn's victory on screen, but it would be way more believable than Iris becoming the new Unova Champion did. Unlike Iris, Dawn was in a position where she would have to battle frequently and the idea that she could finally become a Top Coordinator would make sense when she already got to the finals of her first Grand Festival. As much as I miss Contests, the chances of them becoming more prominent in the anime again aren't high, so off-screen development is probably the only only option for Dawn too.

Given how much excitement I saw from Iris fans when she was confirmed to be the new Unova Champion, I don't think fans of Dawn would be that heartbroken over her off-screen victory. If anything, I think having Dawn effectively in the same place as she was at the end of DP feel more empty. Dawn is my favorite female lead of the series and I think she was easily handled the best during her run, so keeping her stagnant while pretty much everyone else has gotten a chance to make progress to varying degrees is rather sad.

Also being bothered by Buneary not evolving when the writers had it around for 180 DP episodes and didn't evolve it for 4 years, I don't see why it would happen now. Do you see people wondering why Misty's Psyduck didn't evolve? Brock's Geodude that we saw again in SM? May's Skitty or Munchlax? Cilan's Pansage? Clemont's Bunnelby? Serena's Pancham, etc?

The writers keep certain pokemon in every main characters team unevolved forever. I'm not sure why people are surprised they did the same with Dawn. As I mentioned Quilava is the only pokemon of hers I could see them evolving someday.
Most of those examples don't really work for me. Misty's Psyduck was the comedic relief, so obviously it wouldn't evolve, and Brock's Geodude barely existed, let alone battled. May's Skitty and Cilan's Pansage have stone based evolutions. While they didn't confirm that they didn't want to evolve, it's a lot easier to keep them unevolved given their evolution method. They also never confirmed how Pancham's evolution process worked in the anime and Pangaro wouldn't really work within a Showcase anyway. Munchlax and Bunnelby are better examples given that they did battle frequently enough.

Like I mentioned before, keeping Buneary unevolved is more jarring when it is a friendship based evolution. Even the typical reasons why Pokemon don't want to evolve would be kind of at odds with how Buneary evolves. Since we only saw Dawn's team briefly, it wouldn't have hurt them to place Lopunny in there instead. I don't think that Buneary not evolving during DP means that it's impossible for them to evolve it now, although it is really weird to keep it unevolved after traveling through multiple regions. Yeah, characters often have unevolved Pokemon on their team permanently, but it just seems like an odd choice to do that with a friendship based evolution Pokemon like Buneary, especially when she already has Piplup who is guaranteed to never evolve and it is far more marketable and popular than Buneary ever was.

I'm not sure if it would feel empty. It would be a shame to not see Dawn's victory on screen, but it would be way more believable than Iris becoming the new Unova Champion did. Unlike Iris, Dawn was in a position where she would have to battle frequently and the idea that she could finally become a Top Coordinator would make sense when she already got to the finals of her first Grand Festival. As much as I miss Contests, the chances of them becoming more prominent in the anime again aren't high, so off-screen development is probably the only only option for Dawn too.

Given how much excitement I saw from Iris fans when she was confirmed to be the new Unova Champion, I don't think fans of Dawn would be that heartbroken over her off-screen victory. If anything, I think having Dawn effectively in the same place as she was at the end of DP feel more empty. Dawn is my favorite female lead of the series and I think she was easily handled the best during her run, so keeping her stagnant while pretty much everyone else has gotten a chance to make progress to varying degrees is rather sad.

Most of those examples don't really work for me. Misty's Psyduck was the comedic relief, so obviously it wouldn't evolve, and Brock's Geodude barely existed, let alone battled. May's Skitty and Cilan's Pansage have stone based evolutions. While they didn't confirm that they didn't want to evolve, it's a lot easier to keep them unevolved given their evolution method. They also never confirmed how Pancham's evolution process worked in the anime and Pangaro wouldn't really work within a Showcase anyway. Munchlax and Bunnelby are better examples given that they did battle frequently enough.

Like I mentioned before, keeping Buneary unevolved is more jarring when it is a friendship based evolution. Even the typical reasons why Pokemon don't want to evolve would be kind of at odds with how Buneary evolves. Since we only saw Dawn's team briefly, it wouldn't have hurt them to place Lopunny in there instead. I don't think that Buneary not evolving during DP means that it's impossible for them to evolve it now, although it is really weird to keep it unevolved after traveling through multiple regions. Yeah, characters often have unevolved Pokemon on their team permanently, but it just seems like an odd choice to do that with a friendship based evolution Pokemon like Buneary, especially when she already has Piplup who is guaranteed to never evolve and it is far more marketable and popular than Buneary ever was.
Buneary is a weird case. Lopunny is as, if not even more popular than Buneary. The fact that they dont even gave her a new move during the whole DP saga. While Piplups reason to not evolve (Everstone) is logical, Bunearys isnt when you look at game methods to evolve. I mean Lopunny or Delphox would also work for contests, unlike Pangoro. Not to mention that she hasnt caught any Jotho or Unova mon! That is even more annoying than BunBun not evolving!

Even if they didn't wanna put any new Pokemon on her team, they could've had her mention that she had caught some more. She went through hoenn, Johto, apparently Unova and is going through Sinnoh again but not once did she run into any Pokemon she wanted to catch? Granted its not like its impossible for her to come up with more unique appeals with the six that she has.

It is really weird that Dawn went through multiple regions, including two other Grand Festivals off-screen, and didn't find any new Pokemon to capture. She can make new appeals with her current team, especially if she is able to teach them different moves, but it sounds so strange to not find a Pokemon in all of her travels that she wanted to capture or that she didn't think she needed to train some new Pokemon to create new appeals and combinations.

First of all, So Glad to see a lot of friends and comments in my thread so thank you vefy much. I can't answer to all of your but i will answer by my way and tell you my opinion.

First of all, we can't blame anyone who think it is so weird and not good to not give a new pokemon to Dawn; as we all know the type of person She is. She is a type of person who really like pokemkn and pike catching them as much as Ash, so it is jarring and not acceptable not give her pokemon all this time. And when we ask for catching new pokemon then we don't ask for 5 pokemons, ten pokemons, no. We just ask for two or three more only. When she back in BW, is it possible that she didn't find a new pokemon? No. She went to Hoenn and new she appeared in 2019; so is it possible that she didn't do anything off-screen? Surely no.

Well considering that Dawn seems to be one of the few returning characters that seemingly hasn't made any changes to her team or made more progress towards her goal, I can't really blame people for being upset about it. I'm still kind of mixed at best about it myself.

For sure, we accepted that she didn't had in BW but not also in 2019. I love see at least two new pokemons.

About beneary, i don't think she wants to evolve and even the writers, do you know why? Cause she love Pikachu and the writers want that so if they will evolve it, it will be impossible for them to do that.

She can at least back ampibom, or met it. Also one or two pokemon is been catched by her

I remember Brock getting Comfey. Admittedly, I don't think it got as much attention as his battle with Olivia did, but it connected to his goal and was involved in a scene that showed how much progress Brock has made as a Pokemon Doctor in-training. Besides that, even if he didn't get a new Pokemon, getting a Mega Steelix already showed that he had made some progress off-screen. I also remember people liking Azurill back in the day more than Togepi despite only being in a couple of episodes, but I'm pretty sure that was primarily due to how it wasn't virtually useless or stuck around for way too long. I'm also pretty sure that people wanted to see if it had evolved when Misty appeared in SM. I'm not surprised that they didn't feature it since they were more interested in showcasing her more recognizable Pokemon, but much like Brock, getting a Mega Gyarados still showed that she had made progress off-screen.

For sure, and agree with everything. I said that it catched new pokemon in SM which i meant comfey. I wanted to stay with chansey as it is important for his dream other than crogunk specially that it evolved before left in sinnoh.

Having both ofisty and brock mega evolution is testment and new thijg. It is good and important so much. So i am with it. I want misty see togechic after long time as it is not evolved or even if it is evolved.

Yes it is important both pokemons who evolve by thing such as stones to evolve. They used it only for ash evolve glygur to gliscor in sinnoh. And maybe chaging evolve between Bianca and proffesor juniper during BW but mostly they don't do it.

I want quilava as we don't see this pokemon so much. And mostly, they don't care about second evolution. It first evoltuoon which i love the most and final evoltuion so i want to see some of poekmons who rvolve only first evolve only.

I love azurill and its evoltuions so i am fine with it beong not ebolve or even of it is evolve for misty but having mega gyarados is so good. It is shows us that she become so strong and so good with this pokemon

I still don't think that Axew evolving was good or really built up from BW. I can understand why it happened when they wanted to show Iris' progress since leaving the cast. If I thought that there was a better foundation for that development so that it felt more natural, I'd probably be fine with it. Given how I feel about Iris and her storyline in BW, I think it's an incredibly forced and contrived way for Iris to match more with her video game counterpart.

Complety agree, for me iris isn't a trainer and i did a thread about is she is a trainer? But it been closed long time ago. I did a thread like this because i think that name trainer is only used to people who want to learn and train about thing that they want really to learn it and train it, and she didn't like this in BW. She hate journey hate pokemons hate travell, see it as boring so she isn't trainer.

I did a thread before few days about how is become champions and please do a senario for this unawful thing but also it been closed. I did this thread because as you said: "I still don't think that Axew evolving was good or really built up from BW. I can understand why it happened when they wanted to show Iris' progress since leaving the cast. If I thought that there was a better foundation for that development so that it felt more natural, I'd probably be fine with it. Given how I feel about Iris and her storyline in BW, I think it's an incredibly forced and contrived way for Iris to match more with her video game counterpart".

Also why i did a thread about can axew learn special rend or roar of time long time ago? Because as been said: "Iris and axew progress is completely forced and unacceptable.

So for me then as you said: "It also feels especially jarring when they went out of their way to make Iris a Champion, while Dawn's team is largely the same."

It also feels especially jarring when they went out of their way to make Iris a Champion, while Dawn's team is largely the same.

^^ totally agree

Has it been confirmed that Dawn has indeed participated in Grand Festivals outside the Sinnoh one? Or are we inferring?

I think main characters having a new Pokémon, whether by obtaining a new one or evolving a current one, is one of the best and clearest ways to indicate growth and progression for the Pokémon anime; it's one of the reasons we like Ash going from region to region catching new friends rather than him taking Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, etc. with him everywhere. So, to see Dawn not experience that despite the several regions she has traveled to is jarring. If we got to see more of her Pokémon actually do something, I don't think the concern would be as glaring. Case in point, her team was unchanged during her time in Unova (provided you watched the special side episode with Cyndaquil's evolution), but we got to see how far Dawn had come as a Trainer and Quilava as a Pokémon given that they battled Ash & Pikachu to a draw; and Quilava is her second most recent party addition. Same thing with the explicit ease of the way Piplup took advantage of Pansage's moves akin to a Contest Battle with its new Drill Peck and Ice Beam (compared to how it battled before). Yet, when we currently mostly see her relegated to the side with Piplup in her arms, and the occasional Bubble Beam command, there's not a lot to go on...

So we turn to party changes. Yet, she has none. I'm happy to see Dawn, but I really wish Pokémon-wise she had some kind of change. I don't know why the writers are so averse to doing that. Unless, they're really taking her words to heart when she said she wants to continue bringing out the best of her current team as she feels/felt there was more she could still do with them...but then where is the progress on that? Piplup manipulating a single Whirlpool, as pretty as it was, for an Appeal-lite is not enough. They need to stop sewing her on the coattails of Legendary Pokémon and give her her own time like Iris got.

I think the reason people aren't as bothered by those other Pokemon not evolving is because in every one of those cases, the characters who own those Pokemon still got some other upgrade to visually show their progress: Brock and Misty got Mega Stones for their respective aces, in addition to Misty's Psyduck being shown to have vastly improved its battling skills to the point that it can use actual attacks without needing to trigger a headache first; May had a whopping three of her Pokemon evolve offscreen, one of which did so twice (not to mention that Munchlax and Skitty were unevolved because the former is a Gen 4 Pokemon, so evolving it would have made it lose its Gen 4 promotion cred, and the latter requires a specific item that it can be assumed May simply hadn't come across yet by the time of her Sinnoh comeback); Cilan, Clemont and Serena haven't made any returns to the main cast since their series ended, so I'm not sure why they're listed as examples.

The point is, other past companions who've made a return have been shown to have team changes to visibly highlight the progress they've made whereas Dawn hasn't, and seeing how of her team the only Pokemon that could evolve are her Buneary and Quilava, of course the bunny is gonna be brought up a lot. It certainly doesn't help that despite being Dawn's first official capture, Buneary really wasn't focused on much to the point that she never even learned a fourth move, making her feel fairly static across the board, which is a problem that none of the other non-evolvers you listed had: Psyduck was strictly a comic relief mon, so it makes sense it'd be used almost exclusively for the sake of its headache gag during its stay in the main cast, not to mention that as mentioned before, it did eventually go on to make offscreen improvements; Brock's Pokemon in general were all severely out of focus during the OS barring Vulpix and to a lesser extent Onix, so Geodude's lack of an evolution not being remarked upon by anyone makes sense, plus, like Psyduck, it did show off some powerful new moves by its return in the SM anime; May's Skitty and Munchlax had visible growth and improvement via respectively learning Blizzard and becoming a reliable battler in general during their stay in the main cast; Cilan's Pansage had a fluctuating moveset throughout Unova (and its evolution requires a Leaf Stone, so of course it isn't going to evolve if its trainer never comes across one of those); and Clemont's Bunnelby learned Wild Charge. Serena's Pancham is probably the only one to be in a somewhat similar boat to Dawn's Buneary, as he also got stuck with an incomplete moveset, but even in his case his lack of an evolution is completely justified by the fact that for that to happen Serena would need to catch a Dark-type. Buneary meanwhile evolves via happiness/friendship, and there's nothing to indicate that she either doesn't like Dawn or wants to remain unevolved (unlike Piplup, who got a whole episode dedicated to establishing him as a Pikachu 2.0), so her still being a Buneary feels a lot weirder by comparison.

First of all, So Glad to see a lot of friends and comments in my thread so thank you vefy much. I can't answer to all of your but i will answer by my way and tell you my opinion.

First of all, we can't blame anyone who think it is so weird and not good to not give a new pokemon to Dawn; as we all know the type of person She is. She is a type of person who really like pokemkn and pike catching them as much as Ash, so it is jarring and not acceptable not give her pokemon all this time. And when we ask for catching new pokemon then we don't ask for 5 pokemons, ten pokemons, no. We just ask for two or three more only. When she back in BW, is it possible that she didn't find a new pokemon? No. She went to Hoenn and new she appeared in 2019; so is it possible that she didn't do anything off-screen? Surely no.

For sure, we accepted that she didn't had in BW but not also in 2019. I love see at least two new pokemons.

About beneary, i don't think she wants to evolve and even the writers, do you know why? Cause she love Pikachu and the writers want that so if they will evolve it, it will be impossible for them to do that.

She can at least back ampibom, or met it. Also one or two pokemon is been catched by her

For sure, and agree with everything. I said that it catched new pokemon in SM which i meant comfey. I wanted to stay with chansey as it is important for his dream other than crogunk specially that it evolved before left in sinnoh.

Having both Misty and brock mega evolution is testment and new thijg. It is good and important so much. So i am with it. I want misty see togechic after long time as it is not evolved or even if it is evolved.

Yes it is important both pokemons who evolve by thing such as stones to evolve. They used it only for ash evolve glygur to gliscor in sinnoh. And maybe chaging evolve between Bianca and proffesor juniper during BW but mostly they don't do it.

I want quilava as we don't see this pokemon so much. And mostly, they don't care about second evolution. It first evoltuoon which i love the most and final evoltuion so i want to see some of poekmons who rvolve only first evolve only.

I love azurill and its evoltuions so i am fine with it beong not ebolve or even of it is evolve for misty but having mega gyarados is so good. It is shows us that she become so strong and so good with this pokemon

Also, it neceserly important to catch pokemons new pokemon for anyone and don't forget that being top cordinator reqired catching new pokemon working with them

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom