• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dawn without new Pokemon

You may think so, but that's what she decided on.
That doesn't make sense though. I don't think her deciding to take her team with her at the end of that special means that she'll never catch another Pokemon. I thought it was more like she just wanted to take them on this new journey. Regardless, I meant that it was an unnecessary limitation that the writers put on Dawn's character. She could still teach her Pokemon new moves to create new combinations, but catching and raising new Pokemon would still give her something new to work with and make it easier to show that her off-screen journeys have allowed her to progress.

Even if they didn't want her to capture new Pokemon, that could have been fine if they just allowed Buneary and/or Quilava to evolve. That would have been the easiest way to show that her off-screen adventures made her a stronger Coordinator. It wouldn't have taken much time beyond Ash reacting to that her Pokemon evolved and I highly doubt that it would have affected the nostalgia of her team, especially when they would be more focused on Piplup anyway. Not to mention the nostalgia factor hasn't really affected the vast majority of other returning characters. If they aren't willing to give Dawn new Pokemon, have even one of her two Pokemon capable of evolution evolve or let her become a Top Coordinator off-screen, then how can they show that Dawn has made any progress off-screen? By keeping Dawnn's team the same for whatever reasons, it just puts unnecessary limitations on her growth, which we haven't really seen with most of the other returning characters in the anime. It's just so needlessly frustrating when giving her just one evolved Pokemon probably would have been enough to satisfy fans. The solution was easy and right there.

That doesn't make sense though.
I think it makes more sense than what Satoshi is doing with his pokémon, focusing on developing her current team instead of catching other pokémon. Point is, we suppose to believe that very little time passed since Hikari's departure from the show, so there is no reason for her to not still focusing on original team.

For buneary, i still think that she wants to stay at the same age, level as pikachu so oneday they become love in the stage and i do love quilava so i don't want it to eveolve specially that we didn't see this pokemon in the anime so much but to not catching any new pokemon is somethings very frustrating.

They went out of they way to make the worst character became thw champion of unova

I think it makes more sense than what Satoshi is doing with his pokémon, focusing on developing her current team instead of catching other pokémon. Point is, we suppose to believe that very little time passed since Hikari's departure from the show, so there is no reason for her to not still focusing on original team.
That seems like a irrelevant issue in regards to Ash's team. Regardless of how one feels about Ash's Journeys team, it's typical for him to get a new team with every series and I don't think Ash using his older Pokemon would be significantly better, at least in regards to development and screentime. And I don't know if it really makes that much more sense when despite focusing on her current team, it hasn't really benefited her progress and it hasn't allowed her Pokemon to further develop, at least based on what we have seen.

I don't think we're supposed to believe that little time has passed since Dawn's departure, if only because time has never really made sense within the context of the anime. Even if that was the case, the problem isn't necessarily that Dawn is still focusing on developing her original team. As much as I find it unbelievable that she'd go through multiple regions without finding a Pokemon that she'd want to capture and think that it is an unnecessary limitation from the writers on what Pokemon Dawn could capture, that wouldn't be a problem if her intent on developing her original team actually led to any noteworthy results, but it hasn't. Despite traveling through multiple regions, taking part in countless Contests and gone through two or three Grand Festivals off-screen, Dawn doesn't really have anything new to show for it. That's the real problem. If she got any noteworthy accomplishments or new evolutions, then it probably would have been fine.

So dawn didn't got any pokemon for herself. I do love the applaud between her and ash

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220129-223301_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-223301_Gallery.jpg
    713.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20220129-223250_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-223250_Gallery.jpg
    720.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20220129-053757_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-053757_Gallery.jpg
    733.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20220129-053750_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220129-053750_Gallery.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20220127-223542_VLC (2).jpg
    Screenshot_20220127-223542_VLC (2).jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20220127-223542_VLC (3).jpg
    Screenshot_20220127-223542_VLC (3).jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_20220127-223542_VLC (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20220127-223542_VLC (1).jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20220127-223542_VLC.jpg
    Screenshot_20220127-223542_VLC.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 44
Dawn, Please don't back Again. If she will keep the same pokemon and stay in the same level then not return is better. It is the best for us as her fan to not see her if they will keep the same thing.

Unless the writers are being generous Dawn's cameos might be done this series. I'm not sure if she'll appear again, and the writers will probably give the other companions a few cameos this year.

I'm still disappointed that they didn't give Dawn a Hisuian Typhlosion during the Arceus special. Admittedly, I don't know how they could have justified it happening in-universe, but it seems like such a waste to have a character who has a Quilava and do nothing with it in a special that is supposed to tie in with the newest game. Not to mention it just makes me wonder why they didn't bother making it evolve into a regular Typhlosion if they weren't going to use it to promote Legends Arceus.

Typhlosion in general just needs to be more prominent. It's the fully evolved starter with the least amount of appearances, and what few appearances it does have have been either as background fodder or in a spinoff animated special that came out ages ago. Give the poor badger some love already. We have two protagonists who own Quilavas. Surely at least one of them could evolve?

Knowing the Hisui pokemon are extinct in the anime now it makes sense her Quilava didn't evolve. I mean how would it even evolve into a random ghost type anyway? The lore of the anime doesn't correlate with the Arceus game

Knowing the Hisui pokemon are extinct in the anime now it makes sense her Quilava didn't evolve. I mean how would it even evolve into a random ghost type anyway? The lore of the anime doesn't correlate with the Arceus game
Like I mentioned before, I don't know how they could have made it work lore wise, but I don't think it would have been that hard for them to do either. The easiest solution would have been create a time travel plot so that the group ended up in Hisui and Quilava evolved into Hisuian Typhlosion there, but I think that they could have found some other rationale to justify it too. While it wouldn't have made up for Dawn getting nothing new all this time, it would have been a cool way to feature one of the new forms for the starters, especially when Typhlosion desperately needs more attention, and it would have given her something new, interesting and rare for her Contests.

It just seemed like a waste to not do anything with Dawn's Quilava. It isn't a huge problem if they didn't want to use it for Legends Arceus promotion, but it does beg the question why they didn't make it a regular Typhlosion. Why bother keeping it a Quilava? Quilava isn't one of Dawn's most popular Pokemon either. I like it, but I don't think that it was hugely popular among her team. Since they had no problem evolving it during her first special, I don't know why they wouldn't be willing to evolve it again off-screen, especially when I'm not sure how much nostalgic value it has compared to the rest the rest of Dawn's team. It just seems like an annoying waste to not do anything with her Quilava regardless of whether or not they wanted to use it for Legends Arceus promotion.

Another thing that makes Dawn's Quilava not evolving strange and annoying is the fact that the Cyndaquil line has an extremely barren movepool, but the Typhlosion stage does have unique access to moves that might be interesting to see in appeals such as Focus Blast, Solar Beam, Shadow Claw, Thunder Punch, and of course the Hyper Beam/Giga Impact duo that every fully evolved Pokemon has access to. Dawn evolving her Quilava would expand her move combo options for both appeal and battle rounds, since Quilava barely learns anything outside of its Fire STAB and Normal moves, so not evolving it is not just strange and runs the risk of stagnation, but it even seems downright impractical.

I mean, there's only so far you can go with a bunch of Fire moves plus Swift.

Well, i don't feel bad at all from quliva as i already love qulava and quilva didn't apperead so much either in the anime. Have husian typhollonsion is great but i do love qulava

But not doing anythimg for dawn is extremely unacceptable

Hi everyone,

I do love Hikari (Dawn) so much and i am a big fan of her and she had the best bond with ash. HOWEVER, I do want to see a new pokemon for dawn as she didn't catch anyone frkm the sinnoh time until now?

She left ash at the end of sinnoh and back jn black and white to see and meet him but without new pokemon. Only quilava been evolved by cintaquil.

Shirona (Cymthia) showed a new pokemons such as the dragon fight from xy and glaceon and still she didn"t.

Brock catched in xy, and a lot of ash friend showed a new pokemon

But she still not, even during her episodes in Pokemon 2019; so do you think she reach to level that made her bored and doesn't want to catch any new pokemon?

View attachment 153574
I would have LOVED to see her find something else to do such as start research into regional variants, perhaps even find a Hisuian Growlithe (with an everstone) and Lilligant along the way

P.S
I need Dawn's entire wardrobe to myself

I don't think we're supposed to believe that little time has passed since Dawn's departure, if only because time has never really made sense within the context of the anime.
There is just a line from showrunner that the whole anime take place on early summer.

There is just a line from showrunner that the whole anime take place on early summer.
I heard about that line. I don't think that it necessarily negates what I said about time never making sense within the anime though. The idea of multiple series, most of which involved Ash traveling through different regions, and it is still early summer doesn't really make sense, as far as how the passage of time works at least. It fits with how they want to keep Ash forever ten, but I don't know if it supposed to mean that little in-universe time has passed since DP ended, especially when Dawn herself traveled through multiple regions off-screen. They just don't really address the passage of time because time doesn't make sense within the anime's universe and they wouldn't bring it up anyway when pretty much no one ages in the first place.

Even lillie and her family had a new pokemon who when you will got a new ms hikari [dawn]?

Dawn please do something. Lillie one of my best characters and her family finally got a new pokemon

Shinji had three new pokemons so please please please

I am definitely annoyed that Dawn has had literally no changes to her team ever since she left Ash’s travelling group. You think they would evolve Quilava into Typhlosion to tie in as LA promotion, or acknowledge Togekiss now being Fairy-type like with Mimey. There was also lots of potential Pokémon she could have caught offscreen to show to Ash. Instead, her JN appearances come off as her not showing any development at all because her team remained stagnant.

It’s as if they deliberately did this to acknowledge BD/SP as being 1 to 1 exact recreations of D/P. It’s literally why she didn’t get a new main outfit either.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom