• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dawning Draws

YGO/Rio + YGO OC/Mira + Dead End/Norma, Barney, Courtney, Pugsley
  • Rio halloween outfit.jpg
    Mira Turbo Outfit.jpg
    Dead End Crew.jpg

Also potentially useless info but I've gone through and threadmarked like half the art posts in this thread, I will hopefully do the other half later.

YGO/Rin, Ruri, Yuzu, Yuya, Yuto + OC/Crystal, Ivy + Some other things
  • Ruri Don't You Dare Colour Pallette.jpg

Rin Green Monochrome.jpg

(In case you can't tell, card not hand drawn. Copied an image of it, clipped it to my own shape, and made it green for the sake of monochrome)

Yuzu outfit design.jpg
    Yuya Yuto Incorrect Quote Thingy.jpg
    Ivy Chibi.jpg

This Took Longer than It had any right to.jpg
    Rotten Fruit Guy Blur.jpg

Rotten fruit guy actual drawing of a thing.jpg

Hands.jpg
    Oil Painting Thingy I guess.jpg

Last edited:
    PKMN/Petilil, Sobble, Grooket, Hoothoot + Some other things that I'm too lazy to check the nature of
  • Aaand back again. I really oughta update more regularly.
    Anyhow, today's lump of drawings!

20210831_202804.jpg

20210831_202749.jpg

The first one's not bad. Not incredible, but not bad.
    I think with the second one, I should've kept more solid colours than I did. It's it's not as bad in the photo since the lighting makes everything really dull, but I think there's a bit more of an issue with the many many color-fades in better lighting.
    20210831_202819.jpg
    20210618_145240.jpg

This was my avatar awhile ago. The lines are shaky in some spots. Some of the colours are off. I think those are my only particular issues with this one.
    20210831_202848.jpg

Not shaded. Legs are pretty wonky. Hoothoot looks surprisingly okay.
    20210831_202740.jpg

The hair on the top of the head doesn't really match with the hair hanging below, and that combined with their headband makes it really easiy to mistake for a hat which bugs me. Not sure how I feel about the goggles hanging around the neck- I wonder if maybe it'd have gone vetter had I dropped the headband and put the gogggles on their head instead. Some of the lines are a bit messy as usual mostly on the jacket I think. Everything else is pretty okay.
    20210831_202829.jpg

This is a redesign of an old character. They've always been supposed to have a fire theme but there's basically never been a version where you could actually tell. (Unfortunately don't have any older versions on hand for comparison)
    I wasn't really focused on making the drawing super nice, just getting the design how I want it... not sure if this is quite what I was hoping for but is definitely closer.
    Gonna probably clean up the pencil marks and color later on.

Last edited:
    This appears to be apprx. zero percent fanart and idk if there are any OCs relevant enough to label
  • Sooo, the near future turned out to be two months later. Here we have artwork from various points in the last year.

20210614_155442.jpg

I made this for a class a few months ago. There's a digital version on my laptop that I'l maaybe post later. It's a bit messy, but I made it to trace in Illustrator, so I didn't exactly need it to be perfect because it got fixed up a bit in Illustrator.
    I thiiink it was supposed to be a clay creature but everyone who's seen it says it looked like a zombie.
    20210614_155622.jpg

I don't know exactly when I made this, my best guess is early last sumer since the outlines are in pencil but I haven't posted it here. As much as I like dragons I don't draw them much, so I've never had much sense of their anatomy. I think the wings on this one are probably a bit too small and the head's too big (though that was a thing in like... 99% of everything I drew at that time and I think this one probably actually has it a little less), among other issues.
    20210614_182301.jpg

20210614_182251.jpg

Both of these were for class, in like September.
    The first one was to practice using paint techniques with one colour group. I do want to practice painting some more, but right now I have six total acrylic paints and trying to make a viable purple was not something I enjoyed. I hate how the purple looks, it just seems super murky...
    The second was to practice two point perspective. I don't know what I did, but it feels really flat, even for something drawn on paper. And thast wrench sign on the on building is really asymmetrical.
    20210614_163941.jpg

An older version of the character, for comparison:
    20210614_163957.jpg

I do think in some places went a little too far with making it more detailed to the point that it just got messy. I also think I'll probably drop the gloves in any future versions of her character, I don't like them. Not sure how I feel about the original colour scheme. Not sure what I'd do instead. A lot of lines don't connect- I'll probably fix those when I colour.
    My pen was also kinda dying when I made this which was a huge pain.
    20210614_181157.jpg

Not quite sure when this from. Mid/late last summer maybe? I guess I got sick of blank backgrounds but doing an actual background seemed like too much work, so I just did... that.

Last edited:
    PKMN/Eevee + OC/Crystal but an outdated design for her + Some fairy
  • Oh wow I've left this alone for a while.

Got a few things to drop here, will hopefully be back with more of my recent and somewhat recent artwork in the near future.
    20210127_133039.jpg

This one's from sketch the above. I did it little while ago, and pretty happy with it for the most part. The tail and ears are a bit weird and the shading's off though.

20210406_191749.jpg

20210406_192405.jpg

I changed the outfit a little because it didn't make a whole lot of sense, and the general proportions because somewhat more recent drawings of what I believe is the same character have had proportions more similar to that + all my super old characters had nearly exact same appearance except hair and clothes. The hair flows more nicely now (same with the scarf), and the pose works a little better. I kept the general roundness of the face because I liked it, and again more recent drawings of probably-the-same-character did as well. I couldn't tell if she was supposed to have gloves or not so I went with she didn't to save myself the effort. The scepter hand on the new one bugs me a bit, and the colouring's a bit ehh but that's because I was experimenting with brush tip markers for the first time (the original new drawing was done on the other side of the paper, but I found it looked better when I flipped it).

20210406_191807.jpg

This was kinda just a quick lil doodle I did. Not really too fussed about anything.

Last edited:
    PKMN/Mareep
    • Staff
    Webp.net-resizeimage (7).jpg

...And this is from the banned game. Someone said that they wanted sheep, so I drew a Mareep and said they were banned for making me draw this. But it didn't turn out badly, so I'm rather glad I drew the Mareep.
    Almost wish I'd gone for Wooloo, though.
    Well, a sheep is a sheep, right?

PKMN/Purrloin, Feebass
    • Staff
    Webp.net-resizeimage (6).jpg

I made this doodle when resetting the staff counting thread. One of the ears is a bit odd, but otherwise, it came out alright.
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

This is from Sketch the Above. Actually looks pretty much the same in monochrome.

Last edited:
    Back
    Top Bottom