• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Dawns strongest pokemon?

Supreme Leader Palpitoad

The Toad of Honor
Reaction score
If a thread like this already exists I am sorry for creating another. Which of dAwns pokemon are strongest and why?
My opinion:
1. Piplup: Her starter and he managed to hold out agains Cilans Pansage, Zoeys Glameow and Gallade and other powerful oponents.
2. Mamoswine: He is Dawns powerhouse and defeated Ursula with Pachirisu.
3. Togekiss: It is fully evolved and has a good moveset.
4. Quilava: It managed to save Dawn from Ariados and defeated Ursula.
5. Pachirisu: Discharge is dangerous.
6. Buneary: It feels like the weakest of Dawns pokemon and in the last part of DP it does not battle much if I remeber right.

Mamoswine seems to be the powerhouse of Hikari's team and obviously her strongest Pokémon. Togekiss would be the second strongest with Piplup as the third.

1. Mamoswine: It knocked a Granbull out with a single combination and resisted several attacks in that battle against Ursula's Gabite and Flareon in the Grand Festival. Also, I bet it would have defeated Iris's Dragonite if the fat flying monstrosity was a normal member of its species instead of a mutant immune to Ice-type moves.
2. Piplup: He was used in several Tag Battles where he showed he excels not only in Contest Battles, but also in regular battles. With moves like Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and Drill Peck added to all his Contest expertise, I'm pretty sure he can fend for himself.
3. Quilava: It is a battle-ready Pokémon and, as of the Best Wishes! series, can fight Ash's Pikachu on equal terms. As a Cyndaquil, it was shown to be quite strong in that battle against Ursula's Plusle and Minun.
4. Togekiss: Her elusiveness combined with moves like Aura Sphere and Air Slash give her an edge in any battle.
5. Pachirisu: Don't underestimate the adorable electric rodent, it has Discharge and Super Fang and can fight a Gabite with that.
6. Buneary: She was raised to shine in the Appeals Round, being an excellent performer but a not so strong battler.

Probably Mamoswine, it was my favorite of her Pokemon. Though taking off my rose-tinted favorite Pokemon glasses, as a battler to me speaking completely honestly Mamoswine was decent. Getting knocked out by a Magical Leaf, one hit no less by Kirlia and Leafeon doesn't look good in any situation. Getting eaten by James' Carnivine wasn't a pretty picture either, getting defeated by a Tangrowth wasn't doing it any favors. Mamoswine mostly, only ever, shined in Double Battles with Cyndaquil and Pachirisu. Otherwise I thought its skills were never anything to write home about, I just think it gets acknowledged as strong and the powerhouse of Dawn's team simply because it's big. It beat Granbull, Gabite/Flareon, and Plusle/Minun. Though it did lock horns with and manage to inflict some damage on Iris's Dragonite. So I think Mamoswine is the strongest.

Anyway, going by the other Pokemon. Buneary isn't strong, Cyndaquil wasn't really either, Togekiss had mundane battling skills and needed a lot more training in that regard according to Brock but great appealing skills, Piplup was strong no doubt. Pachirisu was somewhere in the middle but not weak, showed some battle prowess but never anything largely super impressive and never a big battler. Ambipom would be Dawn's second strongest Pokemon or strongest if she kept it.

1.Mamoswine
2.Piplup
3.Togekiss
4.Pachirisu
5.Quilava
6.Buneary

Though I can understand why the writers gave Dawn a significantly weaker team compared to May's, Dawn's was more cutesy so to speak and appeal-ish and much much less battle active despite getting more screentime than May.

Obviously either Piplup or Mamoswine.

I don't even count Togekiss as her pokemon and all we ever saw it do was fail so who knows.

Like everyone else here I'm going to go with Mamoswine being her powerhouse. Mainly beacuse it's the only fully evolved one besides Togekiss who seemed more appeal and support oriented rather than battle oriented.

Togekiss. Because if she used it correctly instead of being a crappy trainer it would have been awesome.

Moving this to the Contest section.

- Contest threads which have a poll and pitches characters or other Anime related entities against each other. A CONTEST prefix should be used when creating a Contest thread.

Mamoswine. It's obvious size and strengh has a lot to do with it but also the anime built it up as this huge powerhouse, so yeah.

Obviously either Piplup or Mamoswine.

I don't even count Togekiss as her pokemon and all we ever saw it do was fail so who knows.

Even though Togekiss is give away to Dawn from Salvia, but is still count as her pokemon now.

Either her starter piplup, or mamoswine.

Back
Top Bottom