• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Death Note Mafia - Endgame - Town Win!

A shorter game than I was hoping for but sometimes town gets lucky early on.
I loved the interesting role twists.
I invite anyone to sign up for my Tokyo Ghoul Mafia once it hits signups, though all sign-ups are on hold until after Hydra is over it seems.

Role PMs
Mafia
Hello jdthebud, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Light Yagami, the New God, as well as the Mafia Ninja.

fdgS4wtHYwphp2ql3Ny0J8x7o_o7pL5ARAMCBOlC3533khaCBobqatFJZNL56tUlzTJsdPHRrYDZ4rdhXV3O9OF3B69A1wh9J19v4nOu7i9kDeVLh2bI4lAx30x07YdM31Mk3RRR

After coming across the Death Note after school one day, you became obsessed with potato chips. And also justice. Mostly justice honestly. The potato chips are just another tool on your path of righteousness. You want to become the god of a new world full of people that you deem to be good by killing all those you see as evil. However, all this death has caused the governments of the world to turn against you.

Because you can complete kills by simply writing down names, you are a ninja. If you try to kill someone, then no one watching either you or your target will know you did it.

You’re not alone, however. Along with the Shinigami Oricorio and your celebrity girlfriend Feenie, you will tear down all those who stand in your way.

You win when the mafia make up a majority of the remaining players.

Please, confirm your receival of this PM in the sign-up thread.

Hello Oricorio, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Ryuk, the Mafia Godfather!

4vDJDYtTfyUwfzcUTJLKU9HZqeq8BmzIEsMsrvCYCkzhKrU_t8U3L0biAMQNYaA3Lr9YZkMSOl-qifSMuz8f0AO9-qOlzACnWghqCkPUWEsnDlgnXZ1Q85J2ZSBu8m6mvI4AFK-r

Bored of living an eternity of nothingness in the Shinigami realm, you came to the human realm for a little fun. Dropping your Death Note, it entered the hands of jdthebud, and you began following him, to watch the events unfold. To your surprise, another Death Note found its way into the hands of Kira fangirl Feenie, who also joined his cause.

jdthebud thinks that he’s in charge, but in reality you’re the mind behind the whole thing. You’re the reason this whole thing came about, and when the time comes, you’re going to be the one to take his life. Because of that, you are the Godfather.

As a god of death, you can’t actually be killed by humans. However, when they try to kill you, they’ll realize what (and who) you are. You will be revealed as Ryuk, the Godfather, but will not actually die. However, your words will no longer have meaning, and you will be rendered voteless, but with one exception:

You can win in two ways. The first is if the mafia end up as a majority of the remaining players. The second is by being the final vote on jdthebud’s wagon before he’s lynched. That is the only time you can vote after you have been revealed to the town. After that, you will have completed your little game and will depart to the Shinigami realm with your Death Note.

You are unable to win on your own. If both jdthebud and Feenie die, then you will also leave the human realm, though without that win. So be careful.

Please confirm that you received this PM in the sign-up thread.

Hello Feenie, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Misa Amane, the Mafia Rolecop!

V8cBPYU_nTFXHp8HEpr7-bb836nsR6eQppbKs-owbQnmuY5bxRFKLfbXTJ5Qf4jlNVrtkA95TOlnFmmhnU_o5Zyf5LroaPBN4w2Fh8tpwJLG1BiUmn1YfXRoG3m0Qbm7VkGqQphp

After your parents were murdered and the killer avoided justice, you were dropped into a deep depression. That is, until the killer was killed by the vigilante known as Kira. Becoming a devout Kira worshipper, you were delighted when the Shinigami Rem appeared before you and offered you a Death Note. Making the trade for Shinigami eyes with your newfound partner, you learned that Kira was actually jdthebud, and went to confront him. The two of you became a couple, and along with his Shinigami Oricorio, you work to purge the world of evil.

Since you have the Shinigami eyes, you can tell who people really are. As such, you are the Mafia Role Cop. Every night, you can choose to learn another player’s role.

You win when the mafia make up a majority of the remaining players.

Please, confirm your receival of this PM in the sign-up thread.

THE TOWN (WINNERS)

Hello Contrainer, and welcome to Death Note Mafia, and you are... well, you say it better yourself

afvDEj6JdG9o2xYpS2IP0GlP0rslNyvgATobb20FolI1tKLEV1jg8AHoVMTOViTf-ipIklg_BRvA-T1GJc3GYL5XVGiL1q-N6e64xJG0hBAHonWrJLRtFWk0qXJ71Uf6VnGq4V0y

You are L, the world’s first, second, and third greatest detectives. Because your intellect is too big to just be one detective.

An orphan, you were raised by Watari, aka Quilish Wammy, and brought up for the sole purpose of being the world’s greatest detective. When the vigilante known as “Kira” began killing criminals around the world, you were one of the first to notice that the killings must be connected, and are the head of this investigation.

Being the world’s greatest detective, that’s your role name. Detective. Every night you can choose from one of two actions: either you can make a normal cop check and get their alignment, or you can choose to gambit them. If you gambit your target, you can give them a choice. If they choose wrong, you learn their role as well as their alignment. If they choose right, you learn nothing that night. You can only gambit each player once. However, if you gambit them and learn nothing, you can still investigate them on another night.

You win when all threats to the town have been defeated.

Hello Officer Snake, and welcome to Death Note Mafia. You are the esteemed Quillsh Wammy, better known as Watari: The Town Bodyguard!

JFd6o5ZCjeflxGttenhDWsK03s8hHFzSTSiaD6OEaK-eb_RBk48XUR5dz3wuUXrHUgzm8m0J3hrXWjPIaPNJDjFXqx7v5uQms1Rb9G-_rwBhaiAJ6w7g7AhuI1mi5FckuCVJOoI9

As the founder of Wammy House, you have taken it upon yourself to mentor the brightest minds orphans have to offer. You are the butler, retainer, and father figure to Contrainer, the detective known as “L”. Sadly, despite knowing the identity of L, they do not recognize you in return.

Your role is that of bodyguard. Every night, you may choose to guard another player. If someone tries to kill your target, you get killed instead.

Hello Jinjo, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Chief Soichiro Yagami, the Town Flavor Cop!

SJkFt5PSSEybDzfjAMO8TBmfYuU-SfYueMBB-Kb_ycNQlv-46HMgJrsuORFkxyLsrmdzwGQshcyM075t5QIXFi0F9d4lf-WI7swzzwNUKP7Do8HQHF0P_o9B45eIGGyUBVZrUBQw

Chief of the International Police’s Investigation Bureau, you are the head police officer in the group. You know each and every member of the taskforce, and can tell who they are. As such, you can investigate one person every night phase and learn if they’re a member of your taskforce.

On the taskforce: Light, L, Watari, Matsuda, Mogi, Ide (Sometimes), Aizawa, Ukita
Not on the Taskforce: Ryuk, Misa, Ide (Sometimes), Penber, Misora

Hello Space, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Touta Matsuda, the One-Shot Vigilante!

aAR9m23oUbDY77EH7r32cayk1f0-rfSqmglY4_1IgOsZC1jLMWTI2wavy_Mq9lQFkOMz075clfGxNmKwjJI-X8W8X9N1j_6ihlWTrdyYItr-KiPkplNfc7n8M_ygOz-EjP49tb4y

You are the youngest member of the Police Taskforce, and are somewhat questioning whether or not Kira is so wrong. You hate using your gun, but when driven far enough, you’re able to use it once. As such, you have one shot to kill anyone you want. You can use this shot at any time, day or night. But use it wisely.

Hello ExLight, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Kanzo Mogi, the Roleblocker!

ocNaDQ-tzyCVVDW2P6jlKoqkeisYsoYR-5tcgOosCFj9EOcWsIny1B_kFeFz_n2Ac8jDaB3LekU2UHd9dOR6RJhDZYPCsBwMPGD8uzQpiPb5ERANrQ04OYVv-zMHUsAycm-3yy26

Though a quiet man, you are willing to do whatever you can to track down Kira, even putting your own life on the line.

You are the Roleblocker. Every night phase, you may choose one player. That player's night action, if any, will fail.

Hello Cheff of Games, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Hideki Ide, the Choice Watcher!
f05O3oE-wMiggh5iFZiPVkhXSdnxxhngdxqFiK0idtMQpjnBjx_6elm7zkiSEL7_BwPZgfWW29OO1sy5FcTxkigxVOnjS00PIYZzFas8iMJotOA7dXJ1tDxBmXxaIJDegptTIsal

A member of the police taskforce, you are distrustful of L, but are willing to collaborate with him in order to stop Kira. That said, if things get too out of hand, you’re more than happy to take matters into your own hands...
You start out the game as a vanilla townie. However, each day phase, you may choose whether or not you want to be able to use the watcher role the next night. However, if you use your ability, it’s outside the sanctions of the Task Force, and any investigation results targeting you will reflect that.
As a watcher, you may spend your night phases targeting certain players and seeing who visits them.

Hello Ereshkigal, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Shuichi Aizawa, the Flavor Deputy!

ugoN4UE63zQk-7wYNlCcLhgHh5Og7LzOXLozU4SJ4qLzINGRvSEp-6yB3heJMxlBnyDwVV5RXeS_R-wFz9YFlH9XdzW8o7Kk4Qs2OynL19PEmjcPqWEFFr9SmVvBxg8WITAooIPz

While you respect L, you refuse to leave the confines of the law when tracking down Kira.

As the Flavor Deputy, you gain the abilities of the flavor cop, should you outlive them. More details will become known if and when that time comes.

Please confirm that you received this PM in the sign-up thread

Hello Max1996, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Hirokazu Ukita, the Ambulance Chaser!

xxRxVKC-kzouXQzuOWTQ7lGiOghwjnEriwYlk9NQ_WAtwycGT6XqX7Fq-4UZ2Qu58uo9K1jiVzVg70FWxLfGxC8kLDZd0wKeYtnADo24no-tu2sb7Pgrt07XtGNq1fqrg-I-6aeC

You are no doubt the bravest of the members of the taskforce, but you’re also prone to listen to emotion over reason.

At the end of every night phase, you will immediately go to the home of the one killed, and will be the first one to know who died.

Hello Kiriyaki, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Raye Penber, the Follower!

_csB2_fr9AV1cOAqh_FzaIpH-ITddUS6HHD282eg5kPI53j0bxm6bnoUdMDu3JuWn0tHsRuADNdHERpfwTl63BC6qg8DMKE5TaHCQ0Cs9QERfUbg1H_PxRu0MHL2fYhsVNag5sPj

An FBI Agent sent to help L investigate the Japanese Taskforce, you feel you have a duty to protect others.

L sent you to follow Light Yagami, in order to determine whether or not he was Kira. Because of that, you are the follower. Every night, you may choose one target, and you can see who (if anyone) they visit.

Hello ZinnLav, and welcome to Death Note Mafia! You are Naomi Misora, the Bulletproof Townie!

Y9b0Jmx3ky0FmuUqKCZ5YFVV7OXlJQ_iRsicmhfGH75WcqN2Mk70-dsN-mXTtjxxJjdoXNOENQOffM22x_CWSj09W-4DaPA6c1kxfCHxYUIGPSvBRUKIsl74JVM8tJCylog51dYy

An ex-FBI agent who came to Japan with your fiance Raye, you decided to take matters into your own hands by trying to track down Kira after Raye’s death.
You’re smart enough to not give out your real name, and go by a pseudonym. Because of that, you can’t be killed by the mafia. Do note that this does not protect from anything except the mafia nightkill.
However, if you ever roleclaim, your true name will be revealed, and your bulletproof abilities will no longer take effect.

Damn. Now that's a power move. Good job! (y)

Great going town, this was a good game! I had a lot of fun and I haven't gotten rolecop in a while so I was satisfied with that. Thank you, DekuNut, for hosting!

Mod Notes
As I've said before, this game is a remake of a game I ran on ZD, except moved to Role Madness.
My original concept for this game spawned from the creation of Ryuk as a role. He was the main driving force in designing this game. I thought it made sense for Ryuk to work alongside Light, but in the end he really is on his own side and can win third party if he wishes to. It would be super easy for Ryuk to cheese his way into that Lyncher win, so props to Oricorio for playing it fair!
The first time through was a sweep by the mafia. Great game, and I love reading through it, but with the remake I decided to give the town a little more power.
For the most part, this game's setup was very similar to the first, with a few exceptions:
  • Misa originally was secret-hated (Shinigami Eyes halving your life and all that). With the added Town Roles, I felt like we should take that away, even as a minor thing.
  • Originally, L's "Gambit" ability would take place the same night instead of the next day, so there was a cutoff within the night phase itself as to when a Gambit could be decided on.
  • Mogi, Ide, Aizawa, Ukita, Penber and Misora were all originally VTs.
I love Role Madness games, and wanted to get rid of all the Vanilla Townies I possibly could.
Since most of the characters in this game are either detectives or FBI agents, I felt like it would only be right to have a game with mostly investigative roles - which was rough to balance. Originally, it was just the Rolecop, Detective and Flavor Cop, and honestly that was probably best.
I felt like adding both a tracker and a watcher to this already pretty balanced setup would be a little too much, and I was running out of role ideas, so I crafted what was more or less a Miller for Trackers and Watchers (the Ambulance Chaser; sorry Max!) I kinda felt bad for doing it once the game was in full swing, but at least I tried it.
Interestingly, until the whole kerfuffle with Max on the last day, the new roles didn't have any affect on the game. The roleblocker only blocked new roles; the follower and flavor deputy were killed before they could do anything; the watcher only used his ability on the last night; the bulletproof townie was never targeted for a kill... really it may as well have been the original setup until right there at the end.
Jinjo, I have no idea how you got that lucky, but good work finding most of the scumteam on your own :p
Sadly, we didn't get a chance to use L's gambit ability this game (he tried once, but Snake died during that same phase). In two games it's only been successfully used once.
Also, the dead were yelling at you all for not realizing that Jinjo was a flavor cop after Eresh's flip :p

As a whole, I feel like the setup was a tad town-leaning, but that leaning didn't affect the outcome of the game imo. Thanks for playing everyone!

Night Actions
jdthebudLight YagamiNinjaYesMafiaEreshkigalJinjoJinjo
OricorioRyukGodfatherNoMafia
FeenieMisa AmaneRolecopNoMafiaSpaceOfficer Snake
ContrainerLDetectiveYesTownJinjoOfficerSnake (G)jdthebud
Officer SnakeWatariBodyguardYesTownExLightJinjo
JinjoChief YagamiFlavor CopYesTownOricorioFeenieCheffOfGames
SpaceTouta Matsuda1-Shot VigilanteYesTown
ExLightKanzo MogiRoleblockerYesTownN/AMax1996ZinLavv
CheffOfGamesHideki IdeWatcherVariableTownJinjo
ErishkigalShuichi AizawaFlavor DeputyYesTown
Max1996Hirozaku UkitaAmbulance ChaserYesTownEreshkigalJinjo
KiriyakiRaye PenberTrackerNoTown
ZinnLavNaomi MisoraBulletproofNoTown

It was a fun game, even tho I wasn't really that active. Thanks DekuNut for hosting and thanks everyone else for playing together, I liked it quite a lot.

This was one of my strongest performance I have played in a mafia game. jd was my 3rd choice I guessed who was mafia but I ended up checking Cheff on N3 because Contrainer said he would check jd. If jd killed Contrainer, Cheff would have probably been lynched since I would have thought Cheff was the framer framing Max and this is why invest roles should not say who they will check or else the town player might get framed. jd killing me instead of Contrainer worked out well for town.

I thought Max played well for his role. On D3 I was confused with his role and I couldn't make my mind on voting him or Feenie and after seeing Max voting for himself and giving up, I started to believe his claim.

I thought Max played well for his role. On D3 I was confused with his role and I couldn't make my mind on voting him or Feenie and after seeing Max voting for himself and giving up, I started to believe his claim.
I thought it was a bluff until he HyperMajorited himself x(

What was the point of Max's role, @DekuNut? Was it to weaken trackers/watchers? And is it an original role?

EDIT: oh, you said it above, my bad!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom