• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Deaths in the pokemon manga

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score
Actually, by logic, they shouldn't have died at all, seeing as they're ice- and water-types.
They fell down in an avalanche

I'm pretty sure typing doesn't prevent you from dying from a large fall or anything

Reaction score
All the Rocket Grunts died at the Sliph Co. building in chapter....92 I believe?

I like to singa
Reaction score
All the Rocket Grunts died at the Sliph Co. building in chapter....92 I believe?
33, actually. The RGB chapter only goes to Round 40.

And nothing was really ever said about that.

What's a Pokemon?
Reaction score
Yeah, they specifically were seen being captured by the Gym Leaders

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score
I actually wondered if there are any deaths in the manga, because there are two instances we thought were deaths, which are Brock's Onix and Koga's Arbok, who got disintegrated, but of course, they seem to have came back. Koga's Arbok seems to have the same regenerative power as worms and sea stars, but I don't think Brock's is ever explained.

I suppose it's why they didn't feature ordinary trainers, because they are not able to evade death, and instead, only extraordinary trainers are the main characters because they have ways to avoid death.

Thanks for reading.

Son of Two Deities
Reaction score
This is why I don't have an interest in the manga. Too dark for my tastes.

Reaction score
This is why I don't have an interest in the manga. Too dark for my tastes.
It's not really that dark, and it has plenty of light-hearted moments as well.

One death we may possibly have is when Lance destroyed that City. He said that no one should have been in there but he said one or two people might have been and if they were they would have bit the dust.

Take me for the walk
Reaction score
Red's Pokemon back in the days of Yellow died (I think)... well, except Pikachu.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Um, sorry for the bump, but what the hell? Where would Red have obtained perfectly identical copies of the same Pokemon knowing the same attacks? He's not even into catching shit, and we see that Red's Poli, Saur, and Gyara were all 100% fighting fit by the Cerise Island fight.

(Not to mention that they all show up fine and healthy as a boar in future chapters...)

As Dark as White can be..
Reaction score
The Arbok thing always got me, but wasn't that answered in the yellow saga? When Koga joined up with Blue?

And no, I wouldn't say Red's team died. Although from the way Lorelei states it, it does seem as if they're out to kill Pikachu, only doing so because the others had been dealt with.

However, when Red re-appeared, alas his team was fine. The wonders of Pokemon never cease to amaze :)

Reaction score
Blue's Charmeleon literally kills Koga's Arbok in The first volume.

Also, LT. Surge almost kills Red in the same volume with his Electabuzz :)

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Yeah, the only ones who were led to believe that are the ones who haven't read up to volume six.

As Dark as White can be..
Reaction score
I actually said that in the very post beforehand :/

I may go read PokeSpe... Right now... I really need to get 11 sometime soon