• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Deaths in the pokemon manga

All the Rocket Grunts died at the Sliph Co. building in chapter....92 I believe?

I actually wondered if there are any deaths in the manga, because there are two instances we thought were deaths, which are Brock's Onix and Koga's Arbok, who got disintegrated, but of course, they seem to have came back. Koga's Arbok seems to have the same regenerative power as worms and sea stars, but I don't think Brock's is ever explained.

I suppose it's why they didn't feature ordinary trainers, because they are not able to evade death, and instead, only extraordinary trainers are the main characters because they have ways to avoid death.

Thanks for reading.

This is why I don't have an interest in the manga. Too dark for my tastes.
It's not really that dark, and it has plenty of light-hearted moments as well.

One death we may possibly have is when Lance destroyed that City. He said that no one should have been in there but he said one or two people might have been and if they were they would have bit the dust.

Red's Pokemon back in the days of Yellow died (I think)... well, except Pikachu.

Um, sorry for the bump, but what the hell? Where would Red have obtained perfectly identical copies of the same Pokemon knowing the same attacks? He's not even into catching shit, and we see that Red's Poli, Saur, and Gyara were all 100% fighting fit by the Cerise Island fight.

(Not to mention that they all show up fine and healthy as a boar in future chapters...)

The Arbok thing always got me, but wasn't that answered in the yellow saga? When Koga joined up with Blue?

And no, I wouldn't say Red's team died. Although from the way Lorelei states it, it does seem as if they're out to kill Pikachu, only doing so because the others had been dealt with.

However, when Red re-appeared, alas his team was fine. The wonders of Pokemon never cease to amaze :)

Blue's Charmeleon literally kills Koga's Arbok in The first volume.

Also, LT. Surge almost kills Red in the same volume with his Electabuzz :)

Yeah, the only ones who were led to believe that are the ones who haven't read up to volume six.

I actually said that in the very post beforehand :/

I may go read PokeSpe... Right now... I really need to get 11 sometime soon

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom