• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defeat the Boss! 2.0 Guide and Sign-Ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you had fun playing the game?
I had fun watching the game, if that counts.
What are your favorite elements of the game?
How it is an RPG pretty much. I like having classes, actions, engaging in PvE.
Are there any elements you'd like to see more of?
More special actions (less basic attacks with weapons). More classes kinda falls under more actions. Have several class options open so that people actually pick. And some more deaths.
Are there elements you'd like to see less of?
Less basic attacks.
Do you feel it's a good level of challenging?
Could use more challenge but I guess that will be a thing in later levels.
Do you feel that any of the classes feel lacking or unbalanced?
Can't tell, really. In a PvE game this may not matter as much, though.
Do you have suggestions for ways I can add to or tweak current classes to help fix these problems?
No, sorry.
Are there any other elements you'd like to see represented in the game? (characters from specific games, mechanics, new classes, etc)
I'm in for all of those. Eevee's Warcraft idea is nice too, I feel like it has potential having lots of PvE anyway.
Are there any other ways I can help make it more fun, engaging, or accessible for you specifically?
Fun/engaging discussed above. To make it accessible you need more deaths so that the people waiting in the queue get a shot.

I definitely like the idea of a more personal tone.

It does seem like balancing it has been a very hard feat. I don't know how you're seeing this out so I can't give any specific advice though.

Yeah, I'd be happy to help you out with other themes if you'd need. Helping set up a Sonic or Kingdom Hearts level'd be fun.

Yes! It's been wonderful!
I guess the specialization depending on the class you choose is especially neat.
More reasons for players to switch attack strategies mid-fight would be kinda cool.
Ummmmmm...
Nah.
I believe so.
Not that I noticed.
Do you have suggestions for ways I can add to or tweak current classes to help fix these problems?
N/A
Are there any other elements you'd like to see represented in the game? (characters from specific games, mechanics, new classes, etc)
Maybe moves that certain classes can only use in combination with other players? Or something like that.
Are there any other ways I can help make it more fun, engaging, or accessible for you specifically?
Not really, as I said, I had a perfect time!

Yes, definitely.
The abilities and weapons.
More abilities please.
Hmm... Only thing I can think of is bosses that just attack.
I think it is. I do hope it continues to increase though as we go. We've been pretty lucky with missed opponent's attacks.
I think the tank class is a little underpowered.
Probably give the tank a weapon that gives it a unique edge. Maybe one that can be used to defend an attack as well?
Are there any other elements you'd like to see represented in the game? (characters from specific games, mechanics, new
classes, etc)

Maybe Zelda or Fire Emblem. Otherwise, everything's good here :)
Other than increasing the opportunities for using abilities (or adding more, which I know is coming), everything's really good.

You're doing a great job. :)

• Have you had fun playing the game?
You bet!
  • What are your favorite elements of the game?
I think one big thing for me is how we can describe exactly what we do and how we do it.
  • Are there any elements you'd like to see more of?
More classes, but that's about it.
  • Are there elements you'd like to see less of?
Not really.
  • Do you feel it's a good level of challenging?
Oh yes, it's just right for me.
  • Do you feel that any of the classes feel lacking or unbalanced?
As far as I can tell, they're all pretty good.
  • Are there any other elements you'd like to see represented in the game? (characters from specific games, mechanics, new classes, etc)
I guess it would be neat to use official characters as well as ones of our own designs.
  • Are there any other ways I can help make it more fun, engaging, or accessible for you specifically?
^

I've not yet played yet, but as spectator, yes.

The freedom that all the players have.

Classes.

Not really.

I don't play so I don't feel the challenge, but as far as the damage and deaths are it seems challenging enough.

Not really.

No.

Necromancy or summons. Or some way for the "heroes" to get help from NPC characters.

Maybe implementing something for the signed up players, so that they are able to help in the adventure. For example with healing 1hp to a player once per battle.
It is not that strong but it gives the non-players more involvement in the story and game.

@Elementar @Kazekage @jackatlasred @Yours Truly

First of all welcome your new player, Yours Truly!

So now that you're all confirmed to continue, please also confirm your classes and stat boosts (if you are selecting a new class, you will receive two bonus points). Additionally let me know if you're spending any of your Boss Bucks at the Boss Shop. Please do keep up with your own Boss Bucks and Items. I'll be keeping a list but I need to make sure this is kept up with

May you please explain the boss bucks to me? I'm sorry, I can't remember.

In the bags you received from Peach, you each found 10 Boss Bucks. You will be able to purchase items used in battle after character confirmation.

Boss Shop
Health Potion
  • Effect: Restores +5 HP
  • Price: 5 BB
Attack Potion
  • Effect: +2 Attack next turn
Dodge Potion
  • Effect: +4 Ddg this turn
Aim Potion
  • Effect: +4 Aim next turn
Basic Armor
  • Effect: +3 Bonus HP, +1 Def until destroyed
Better Health Potion
  • Effect: Restores +10 HP
  • Price: 10 BB

As previously mentioned, I will stay as a Archer, and I'll take a Ddg increase. I'll also buy a Health Potion.

Thanks @AussieEevee :)
Okay. I'll stay as fighter thankyou. And may I please have an increase in attack? Thanks :)
Refer to the Mechanics Update at the end of my last major update in the game:
  • During level advancement, a player may not take a bonus point in the same stat twice in a row. If you take Ddg one level, you must take one of the other three at the next level.
Basically you can't pick the same stat twice in a row. This is to avoid people just getting ridiculous individual stats at early levels, encouraging more balanced characters and a more balanced party.

As previously mentioned, I will stay as a Archer, and I'll take a Ddg increase. I'll also buy a Health Potion.
Sure thing!

Oh hey, I'm in this thing now. Cool.

As for which class I'm going to be... Well, I was thinking Blue Mage since healing is kinda important and all that. Though if jack would rather be our healer, then I guess I'll pick up the role of a Tank. Your thoughts, jack?

Sorry didn't get the first tag kinda weird, but yeah the same as I said before. @Yours Truly I want to be the tank so you can take the blue mage. The point on defence and I want the armor from the shop.

Sorry didn't get the first tag kinda weird, but yeah the same as I said before. @Yours Truly I want to be the tank so you can take the blue mage. The point on defence and I want the armor from the shop.
Since you're switching classes you can choose two points. You always get your level -1 stat points.

Well, in that case, I think I'm going to go for some added Def since it's kinda important not to die when you're a healer. And if I get an additional point like jack which I probably won't but just making sure, then I'd like to put that in Ddg, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom