• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defeat the Boss! Level 2: Mushroom Kingdom Mischief

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to swing with my Broadsword at Bowser once again.
Roll: 2
You almost miss but manage to pull a clutch double backflip followed by a triple axle and a grand jeté leading up to a slice to Bowser's arm!. Toad gives you an "8/10"
Damage: 6
Weighted Arrows at Bowser, let's go!
Roll: 4
Slowly but surely wearing him out!
Damage: 2
Well I'll heal myself
You restore +3 HP!

Bowser: 20/80
Doctor Floptopus: 6/10

Bowser, low on health but still feeling cocky, launches a Fireball at the only undamaged player, Elementar.
And it hit!

Bowser takes damage from Poison!
Damage: 1

Doctor Floptopus restores 1 HP!
Current HP:
Bowser: 19/80
Elementar: 4/10
Kazekage: 8/10
MegaPod12: 0/10 DEAD
Doctor Floptopus: 7/10

Last edited:
I thought I was getting to lucky. Recovering from the blast, I leap and rebound off the wall to perform a quadruple frontflip and slam my Broadsword into Bowser's head.

So sorry for the few days since the last update guys. The *ahem* festivities the past few days sucked away most of my free time. But we're back on schedule now and I have a pretty open week so expect regular updates!
I thought I was getting to lucky. Recovering from the blast, I leap and rebound off the wall to perform a quadruple frontflip and slam my Broadsword into Bowser's head.
Roll: 15
Toad gives you an "8.5" as you hit your mark!
I'll launch more Weighted Arrows at Bowser.
Roll: 17
Toad knows nothing about proper archery, so despite your solid performance he gives you a "4"
I'll Heal Elementar
Elementar gains +3 HP!

Bowser: 11/80
Elementar: 7/10

Bowser starts to sweat a bit being as low as he is, but he also appears to be getting pretty fired up. As in he launches a Fireball at Kazekage and Elementar.
He hits Kazekage but misses Elementar!
Damage: 5

Bowser takes 1 damage from Poison!

Doctor Floptopus restores 1 HP!

Current HP:
Bowser: 10/80
Kazekage: 3/10
Doctor Floptopus: 7/10

Bowser is looking super low on health! Maybe you can finish him this turn!

@jackatlasred Will be subbing in for Doctor Floptopus from here on out. Make sure you review all of the abilities available to you, jack.
I use my Broadsword to hopefully end Bowser.
Roll: 7
For the sake of timeliness after the recent delays I will just declare this one a "hit!"
I'll heal kazekage
I would like to be subbed, please.
Doctor Floptopus suddenly transforms into jackatlasred and then heals Kazekage by +3 HP!
I'll use Hyper Focus for a bigger chance next time.
Kazekage becomes a sitting duck this turn, hopefully the healing he received will help save him.

Bowser: 4/80
Kazekage: 6/10

If he's aware this may be his last attack, he's good at hiding it, for Bowser proudly attacks Kazekage with a Fireball!
... but it misses!

Bowser takes 1 Poison Damage!

jackatlasred restores +1 HP!

Current HP:
Bowser: 3/80
Kazekage: 6/10
jackatlasred: 8/10

Let's do this: Barbed Arrows at Bowser!
Roll: 12
Unfortunately your Hyper Focus didn't result in a critical hit for you this time, but you still landed a solid hit.
Damage: 1
I hit Bowser with my Basic Spear.
Roll: 13
Your spear pierces Bowser's shell, damaging him even further
Damage: 5
I'll also use my magic fist to hit bowser
Roll: 3
You give Bowser a brofist and release a surge of magic that penetrates his physical defenses.

Bowser: 0/80

Bowser stumbles a bit, but still continues laughing. "Hahahaha, you fools think that pitiful display take me down? The great and powerful Bowser?" he gloats as his shell begins to crack and crumble. "I am an indomitable juggernaut, there is no way you can possibly-" his tirade is cut short by a gasp before the floor underneath him gives way, sending him tumbling into the lava pool below. He instantly disintegrates upon contact.

You all stare for a moment to make sure he is truly defeated, then Princess Peach comes running in from behind you. "Congratulations heroes! You have defeated Bowser and helped me rescue my servant Toad! I'm sure that brute will be back some day, but hopefully another hero will come along when that day happens." Peach reaches into a fold of her dress and pulls out three small bags, which she hands to each of you. "Please take these as rewards for your troubles. They might be useful to you in your next adventure. Speaking of, you had better get going. I have a feeling you are needed elsewhere."

Another portal appears in the spot where Bowser fell.

CONTINUE?

You now have the option to continue or quit playing. If you quit you will be replaced by the next player in line. Once everyone has confirmed one or the other here, I will contact the current players in the sign-ups thread and allow you to select new classes if you desire.

----------------

You are now all level 3. Once you have confirmed your characters, you each will receive 5 more total HP and 1 stat point of your choice (see mechanics update for further details). In the bags you received from Peach, you each found 10 Boss Bucks. You will be able to purchase items used in battle after character confirmation. The following are all the changes to your stats, abilities, and weapons lists gained with this new level.

Fighter
Stats
  • Atk +2
  • Def +1
Abilities
  • Counter: 5 → 6 damage
  • Sharpen Blade: the player prepares their weapons, granting +3 Atk during the player’s next attack, and attacks next turn ignore +1 non-magic Def
Weapons
  • Greatsword
    • Damage: 6
    • Accuracy: -3
    • Direct
    • Classes: Fighter

Tank
Stats
  • Atk +1
  • Def +2
Abilities
  • Raise Shield: a player protected by Raise Shield is now immune to enemy abilities targeting that player
  • Battle Cry: target 1 enemy, if that enemy attacks it must target the user of this ability
Weapons
  • Handaxe
    • Damage: 5
    • Direct
    • Classes: Tank

Archer
Stats
  • Aim +2
  • Crit +1
Abiliites
  • Hyper Focus: +2 → +3 Aim
  • Rapid Fire: when firing an arrow, the player can attack twice consecutively with the same type of arrow. Roll to hit for each attack. Halve the damage of each attack. The player can target different enemies with each attack. The player must specify the number of attacks during their turn.
Weapons
  • Burning Arrows
    • Damage: 4
    • Indirect
    • Properties: If the player successfully hits with this weapon the target is burned. The target takes 2 damage at the end of their next turn. This effect can stack with itself
    • Classes: Archer

Rogue
Stats:
  • Ddg +2
Abiliites
  • Hide: +1 → +2 Crit
  • Multi-Throw: when attacking with an indirect weapon, the player can now attack twice consecutively. Roll to hit for each attack. Each attack must target the same enemy. The attacker must specify the number of attacks during their turn.
Weapons
  • Throwing Star
    • Damage: 2
    • Accuracy: -1
    • Indirect
    • Properties: +1 crit on attack. If attacking the same target consecutively with this weapon using Multi-Throw, each attack gains +1 Accuracy.
    • Classes: Rogue

Blue Mage
Abilities
  • Spell of Healing: +3 → +4 HP
  • Spell of Guidance: +4 ally's Aim this turn
  • Spell of Luck: +2 ally's Crit this turn

NEW CLASS: Yellow Mage
Yellow Mage support their teammates not through healing and increasing their abilities but by disrupting and inconveniencing enemies with their spells (or perhaps curses are more accurate). They can be particularly handy when the entire team targeting a single powerful enemy.

Abilities
  • Magical Suppression: an enemy targeting the user with an ability has a 50% chance of failure (passive)
  • Spell of Weakening: -2 target’s Def this turn (reduce magical defense first)
  • Spell of Enfeeblement: -2 target’s Atk and Ddg this turn
  • Spell of Disorientation: -2 target’s Aim and Crit this turn
Weapons
  • Magic Fist
    • Damage: 1 x level
    • Accuracy: -2
    • Direct

Mechanics Update:
  • During level advancement, a player may not take a bonus point in the same stat twice in a row. If you take Ddg one level, you must take one of the other three at the next level.
  • Players may now buy items from the Boss Shop using Boss Bucks gained throughout the game. Boss Bucks track with players, but there may be times when players will want to invest in an item together or help another player buy something using their own Boss Bucks. The Boss Shop's inventory will be listed in the Rules and Guide OP and is accessible to current players between levels. The Boss Shop's inventory will also change after each level, so make sure to check it before entering a new world!
  • Items purchased at the Boss Shop may be used in battle and usually take 1 turn to use. Items track with players just like Boss Bucks, and each player should keep track of their Boss Bucks and Items individually (to make it a bit less work for the GM).

Last edited:
I'll continue as a tank. With an increase in def. And I'll buy the basic armor.

Oh, just a note you don't have to give me your classes and stuff now, you can just say Contineu or not and we'll work out the details afterward. I'd rather have everyone confirmed before getting into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom