• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defeat the Boss! Level 2: Mushroom Kingdom Mischief

Status
Not open for further replies.
(will update soon, just had to comment on this)

I loaf around doing nothing as my comrades already made the darn thing deader than dead.
I know this wasn't explicit in the rules, but just for the record even if you don't feel like it would make a difference, I would prefer every player at least try to contribute to the win condition of the level. This is mostly because you're not 100% sure what the result of each action will be, and all actions are treated as occurring simultaneously so it doesn't really make sense to not act when the enemy still has health. If you want to you can act before I update next but if you don't it'll be fine for this time.

I'll put that officially in the rules.

(will update soon, just had to comment on this)

I know this wasn't explicit in the rules, but just for the record even if you don't feel like it would make a difference, I would prefer every player at least try to contribute to the win condition of the level. This is mostly because you're not 100% sure what the result of each action will be, and all actions are treated as occurring simultaneously so it doesn't really make sense to not act when the enemy still has health. If you want to you can act before I update next but if you don't it'll be fine for this time.

I'll put that officially in the rules.
good to note.

Now that it's practically dead already, I slap dat Goomba with my Magic Hands
Roll: 3 - 2 = 1
Unfortunately you missed somehow
I decide to use my Basic Spear by throwing it at Goomba's torso.
Roll: 11 - 1 = 10
But that's a hit!
Damage: 4 + 3 = 7
I wander around and find a ? Block, then bash it open to find a single coin. I then decide to throw the coin at the Goomba.
This Goomba had no idea money came out of those blocks, it feels like a whole new world has opened up to it.
Damage: 1

Goomba: 0/30

Goomba has been defeated! But unfortunately this was only the first enemy in the long journey to Bowser's Castle. Soon after continuing on, you quickly encounter your next challenge.

Round 2
Koopa Troopa (x2)
koopa.gif
koopa.gif

Koopa Troopa 1:
HP 30
Def +1
Ddg +1

Koopa Troopa 2:
HP 30
Def +1
Ddg +1

Good luck mates

Trying to aim for an opening in its shell, I brandish my Poison Dagger and attack Koopa Troopa 1!
Roll: 18
Critical hit!
Damage: 2 x 2 - 1 = 3
Koopa Troopa 1 is now Poisoned!
I decide to use my Broadsword to attack Koopa Troopa #1.
Roll: 19 - 2 -1 = 16
Hit!
Damage: 5 + 3 - 1 = 7
I cast a Spell of Agility at Megapod12
Mkay
I use my heavy mace on the second koopa troopa
Roll: 13 - 4 - 1 = 8
Hit!
Damage: 4

Koopa Troopa 1: 20/30
Koopa Troopa 2: 26/30

Koopa Troopa 1 attacks returnofMCH with Shell Spin, and it hit!
Damage: 4 - 3 = 1

Koopa Troopa 2 attacks Elementar with Shell Spin, and that's also a hit!

Koopa Troopa 1 is hurt by Poison

Koopa Troopa 1: 19/30
Koopa Troopa 2: 26/30
Elementar: 6/10
returnofMCH: 9/10
LoneGarurumon: 10/10
MegaPod12: 10/10

I cast Spell of Healing on Elementar to restore his strength.

Also can I just suggest for the future that all players attack the same target (unless of course they're nearly dead)? It reduces the number of enemies quicker and means I'm more likely to be able to keep you all alive since we don't have 2 or more people getting hurt at a time.

Sorry for the delay again, this week has just been crazy for me. Should ease up after tomorrow.
I'll use my Broadsword again on Koopa Troopa #1.
Roll: 12
Hit!
Damage: 7
I attack Koopa Troopa 2 with my Throwing Knife.
Roll: 15
Hit!
Damage: 2
I cast Spell of Healing on Elementar to restore his strength.

Also can I just suggest for the future that all players attack the same target (unless of course they're nearly dead)? It reduces the number of enemies quicker and means I'm more likely to be able to keep you all alive since we don't have 2 or more people getting hurt at a time.
Elementar gains 3 health!

I use my heavy mace on the first koopa troopa.
Roll: 7
Hit!

Koopa Troopa 1: 8/30
Koopa Troopa 2: 24/30
Elementar:

Both Koopa Troopas eye each other and then attack Elementar together with Shell Spin!
Koopa Troopa 1 hit!

Koopa Troopa 2, however, missed

Koopa Troopa 1 is hurt by Poison

Koopa Troopa 1: 7/30
Koopa Troopa 2: 24/30
Elementar: 5/10

I'll attack Koopa Troopa #1 with my Broadsword, which should finish it off. Everyone else should go for the other Koopa Troopa.
Roll: 9
That will be a hit darn i was looking forward to killing you : (
Damage: 7
I try my Poison Dagger on Koopa Troopa 2.
Roll: 19
Lucky you, another Crit!
Damage: 3
Koopa Troopa 2 is poisoned!
I attack koopa troopa 2 with my heavy mace
Roll: 12
Hit!
I'll cast yet another Spell of Healing at Elementar. Now stop getting hit!
And heal you do
+3 HP to Elementar

Koopa Troopa 1: 0/30
Koopa Troopa 2: 17/30
Elementar: 8/10

Koopa Troopa 1 has been defeated! Koopa Troopa 2 looks shocked that you would do something so vile to its brother in shells, and decides to seek its revenge on Elementar with Shell Spin come on come on gimme a crit RNG
It's a hit, but lucky for you it did not crit, so Elementar is still standing

Koopa Troopa 2 is hurt by poison!

Koopa Troopa 1: 0/30
Koopa Troopa 2: 16/30
Elementar: 4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.