• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defeat the Boss! Level 3: Prepare for Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzap

No thoughts, head empty
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
@jackatlasred @Elementar @Yours Truly @Kazekage

Have any questions, or want to play yourself? Click here!: Rules, Guide, and Sign-Ups

-----------------

LEVEL 3

This journey though dimensions takes you to a modest town completely covered in a strange blue tint. Before you're able to fully get your bearings a police officer comes running up to you. "Hey, you kids!" she shouts, "Make yourselves useful and help me out with something. I've been chasing this Team Rocket mook around town all day but he keeps getting away from me. He just went into that house over there, I'm going to run around back to make sure he can't escape while you guys flush him out from this side. Good luck kids." She runs off before you get the chance to respond, but you decide it might be wise to help her out since she is a police officer. You enter the blue house.

Inside you see a man lying on the floor next to a large hole in the back wall. "Oof," the man groans, "That guy stole my TM, please help me get it back. He just ran into my back yard through this hole that's always been here. I always thought it gave the house a nice unique atmosphere but now I'm thinking I might invest in getting that fixed. Anyway, you should probably hurry before he escapes!" Rather than giving your opinion on this man's renovation options you decide to give pursuit to your target.

You find the "Team Rocket mook" standing in yard behind the house. "Hey, you're not that lady police officer," the thief said. "In fact you kids look much weaker than her. Did she really send you to catch me? Heheh, I'll show her and you both not to underestimate Team Rocket!" He pulls two Pokéballs from his belt and releases the monsters inside.

Round 1
Team Rocket Grunt
Spr_Y_Rocket.png

Spr_1y_096.png
Spr_1y_066.png

Drowzee
HP: 40
Def: +1 (magic)
Aim: +2

Machop
HP: 40
Atk: +2

General reminder that some of you have items you can use now, but whether or not you want to use them up in this fight or save them for later is up to you.

I'll use my Greatsword to hit Machop. Machop will be more powerful and do more damage, so I think we should get rid of him first.

Noticing my companion prepare to swing his Greatsword at the small grey humanoid, I start chanting in the nondescript language of magi and, shortly afterwards, Elementar feels certain his next strike will strike true thanks to the Spell of Guidance that has been cast upon him.

Last edited:
  • Staff
Noticing my companion prepare to swing his Greatsword at the small grey humanoid, I start chanting in the nondescript language of magi and, shortly afterwards, Elementar feels certain his next strike will strike true thanks to the Spell of Guidance that has been case upon him.
Elementar gains +4 Aim!
I'll use my Greatsword to hit Machop. Machop will be more powerful and do more damage, so I think we should get rid of him first.
Roll: 3 - 3 + 4 = 4
With the help of Yours Truly you succesfully hit Machop!
Damage: 9
I'll use my Weighted Arrows to attack Machop.
Roll: 11 - 2 + 2 = 11
You gave Machop a solid hit from your arrow!
Damage: 4
I use my Battle cry let's see what they do
Normally you have to target 1 enemy for this, but since it's the first round I'll just let it apply to each enemy. :p Just remember to specify next time.

Machop: 27/40

The Team Rocket Grunt sneers. "Just as I thought, you kids are weaklings. Machop, use Bulk Up. Drowzee, Confusion!"

Machop flexes its muscles, causing them to increase in size in increasing its own Atk and Def by +1

Drowzee points at jackatlasred, releasing a wave of psychic energy.
And it hits, partially passing through jack's defenses!
Damage: 2

Current HP
Machop: 27/40
Drowzee: 40/40
Elementar: 15/15
jackatlasred: 13/15
Kazekage: 15/15
Yours Truly: 15/15

As Kazekage readies his Barbed Arrows, he hears the chanting of the nondescript language of magi, then, thanks to the Spell of Luck that has been cast upon him, he has a good feeling of where the Drowzee is most vulnerable, and takes aim at one of its weak spots.

Sorry Elementar, but I may as well go for that crit effect while I have the chance. You're on your own this turn.

Last edited:
Just a note, I probably won't be able to update this tonight. I would have done it earlier but I missed Yours Truly's post until just a bit ago.

As Kazekage readies his Barbed Arrows, he hears the chanting of the nondescript language of magi, then, thanks to the Spell of Luck that has been cast upon him, he has a good feeling of where the Drowzee is most vulnerable, and takes aim at one of its weak spots.

Sorry Elementar, but I may as well go for that crit effect while I have the chance. You're on your own this turn.
Kazekage is feeling particularly lucky now! Let's see if it pays off.
I'll use my Greatsword again on Machop, thanking Yours Truly for helping me hit.
Roll: 2
Your new Aim bonus saved your attack this time!
Damage: 8
Time for some Barbed Arrows on Drowzee.
Roll: 20
CRITICAL HIT! You pull back your dangerous looking arrow and let it fly.... straight into Drowzee's mid section where it becomes stuck! Not only does Drowzee take a large amount of damage, it receives -1 to Ddg!
With my heavy mace I aim at machop
Roll: 0
You swing your mighty heavy mace at Machop but it sails over its head!

Machop: 19/40
Drowzee: 32/40

The Rocket Grunt pauses to rethink his current position now that both of his Pokémon have sustained significant damage. "Argh let's just give them all we got, Machop use Karate Chop and Drowzee use Confusion!"

Machop lunges at jackatlasred, coming down on him with a super powered chop.
And it hits!
Damage: 5

Drowzee now points at Yours Truly and uses Confusion
CRITICAL HIT!

Your Truly has also been inflicted with the Confused status. Each turn Yours Truly will have a 50% chance of action failure, and failure will result inflicting 1 damage to himself. The status will end if you succeed in your action two turns in a row.

Your Truly restores 1 HP!

Current HP
Machop: 19/40
Drowzee: 32/40
Elementar: 15/15
jackatlasred: 8/15
Yours Truly: 8/15

After taking the brunt of a small wave of Psychic energy, Yours Truly begins chanting dazedly in that nondescript language of magi, before trying to muster up enough energy to cast a Spell of Healing on jackatlaserd.

*Grumbles about confusion being broken*

Also, jack, I wouldn't mind a little help in the event that I'm double-targeted or something, so if you could use Raise Shield on me then that'd be pretty nice. Just a thought, you don't have to if you don't want to.

Oh, and I think we should kill this Machop as soon as possible since it's doing the most damage (if you ignore crits). That too.

Last edited:
It has been 48 hours so @jackatlasred's turn has been skipped.
I'll hit Drowzee with some Basic Arrows this time.
Roll: 20
Super close to another crit, but unfortunately you got to 20 because of your Aim bonus and not because you naturally rolled it
Damage: 2
I'll hit Machop with my Greatsword.
Roll: 5
And you hit!
After taking the brunt of a small wave of Psychic energy, Yours Truly begins chanting dazedly in that nondescript language of magi, before trying to muster up enough energy to cast a Spell of Healing on jackatlaserd.

*Grumbles about confusion being broken*

Also, jack, I wouldn't mind a little help in the event that I'm double-targeted or something, so if you could use Raise Shield on me then that'd be pretty nice. Just a thought, you don't have to if you don't want to.

Oh, and I think we should kill this Machop as soon as possible since it's doing the most damage (if you ignore crits). That too.
Fortunately you pulled through and heal jackatlasred for 4 HP!

But jack wasn't around to repay the favor :(

Drowzee: 30
Machop: 11
jackatlasred: 12/15

Machop swings at Elementar with another Karate Chop
AND GOT A CRITICAL HIT
Damage: 10
Karate Chop breaks through Elementar's armor, lowering his Def by -1

Drowzee also targets Elementar with another psychic wave, this time it's the move Hypnosis
And it hits! Fortunately there's no damage, but Elementar is unable to act next turn

Yours Truly restores 1 HP!

Current HP
Machop: 11/40
Drowzee: 30/40
Elementar: 5/15
jackatlasred: 12/15
Yours Truly: 9/15

Dammit jack...

After shooting a drunken glare in jack's direction for hesitating in the middle of a battle, Yours Truly yet again starts chanting in the nondescript language of magi, before attempting to mend Elementar's wounds with a Spell of Healing.

Oh, and if you're still here jack, then I'd recomend you either shield Ele so he doesn't die or try and finish off this Machop, preferably the former.

Last edited:
I'll raise my shield and protect elementar.

I can't even, I'm watching thi thread and even then I don't get notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom