• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defeat the Boss! Level 3: Prepare for Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yours Truly once again casts a Spell of Healing on Elementar... Yours Truly may or nay not be running out of interesting ways to say that.

Also, jack, please draw the attention of that bird. I have a funny feeling it'll kill one of us otherwise...
You restore Elementar +4 HP!

Thanks YT. I'm going to hit Wartortle with my Greatsword again...
Roll: 13
Hit!
Damage: 7

I'll Rapid Fire Barbed Arrows at Wartortle and Kadabra.
Roll: 20
Your first barbed arrow whizzes past Wartortle and In Soup, bounces off of a wall into an office, ricochets off a stapler, rebounds off of a framed portrait of a Poliwhirl, and flies back to hit Wartortle right in the tail scoring a CRITICAL HIT!
Wartortle receives -1 to Ddg for the rest of the fight!

Roll: 10
Your second arrow bounces off of Kadabra's spoon and hits it in the face, scoring a regular hit!
Damage: 3

I'll hit kadabra with my basic spear
Roll: 4
Another solid hit to Kadabra!
Damage: 5

Elementar: 10/15
Wartortle: 12/50
Kadabra: 25/35

Wartortle uses Bite on Elementar!
And it hits!
You have a chance of flinching next turn

Pidgeotto swoops down to attack Yours Truly with Wing Attack!
AND IT MAKES A CRITICAL HIT

Kadabra prepares a Teleport

Yours Truly restores +1 HP

Current HP
Pidgeotto: 24/35
Kadabra: 25/35
Magikarp: 0/15 DEAD
Elementar: 7/15
The Light: 13/15
jackatlasred: 15/15
Yours Truly: 2/15

...Dammit jack.

Yours Truly casts a Spell of Healing on Yours Truly, since Yours Truly kinda needs to do that to live.

Oh, and @jackatlasred, please actually protect me this time.

EDIT: Or Elementar, either one, it's up to you if you'd rather keep a healer or a damage-dealer alive.

Last edited:
I just realized I forgot to factor in Rapid Fire's damage reduction in my last post, so I will be correcting that for this post (too lazy to fix the last post right now :p )

Yours Truly casts a Spell of Healing on Yours Truly, since Yours Truly kinda needs to do that to live.
Yours Truly restores +4 HP to Yours Truly

I'll attack Wartortle with my Greatsword again...
You swing to hit Wartortle, but Kadabra's Teleport activates, switching Wartortle and Pidgeotto!
Roll: 8
You hit Pidgeotto with your sword!
Damage: 9

I'll raise my shield and protect yours truly
Yours Truly gains +2 Def and cannot be targeted by opponent's abilities this turn.

I'll hit Pidgeotto and Kadabra with Rapid Fired Burning Arrows.
Your first arrow is now flying toward Wartortle!
Roll: 18
And you hit!
Damage: 1
Wartorlte is now burned!

Roll: 8
You also manage to hit Kadabra!
Damage: 2
Kadabra is burned!

Yours Truly: 6/15
Kadabra: 24/35
Wartortle: 14/50
Pidgeotto: 15/35

Wartortle attacks Elementar with a Water Gun!
And it hits!
Damage: 4

Pidgeotto uses Gust on Yours Truly!
But the wind rushing down this narrow hallway somehow misses completely!
All indirect attacks receive -8 Accuracy next turn

Kadabra uses Light Screen!
All opponents gain +1 Def or the next two turns!

Wartortle is hurt by burn!

Kadabra is hurt by burn!

Yours Truly restores +1 HP!

Current HP
Kadabra: 22/35
Elementar: 3/15
The Light: 13/15
Yours Truly: 7/15

I'll raise my shield this time on elementar

Last edited:
Yours Truly casts a Spell of Healing on Yours Truly.

I would cast it on you, Elementar, but I'd like to try and make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

I will once again Rapid Fire at Pidgeotto and Kadabra with Burning Arrows.
Roll: -7
Your first arrow is blown completely off course by the wind and narrowly misses hitting jackatlasred

Roll: -2
Your second arrow unfortunately also misses, potentially lighting another office fire. Remember, you're trying to stop the villains not be the villains!

I'll raise my shield this time on elementar
Elementar gains +2 Def this turn and cannot be targeted by opponent's abilities

I'll attack Wartortle with my Greatsword.
Roll: 10
You give him quite the hit!
Damage: 6

Yours Truly casts a Spell of Healing on Yours Truly.

I would cast it on you, Elementar, but I'd like to try and make sure something like this doesn't happen again.
You gain +4 HP
Elementar looks a bit sad probably (idk i can't emote for him)

Yours Truly: 11/15
Wartortle: 6/50

Wartortle, claerly on its last leg, charges a Skull Bash attack!
Wartortle gains +1 Def

Pidgeotto uses Wing Attack on The Light!
And it hits!

Kadabra uses Psybeam, releasing a slow moving beam of light at Elementar!
It just barely hits

Your comrade Elementar is overwhelmed by the wave of psychic energy and it saps the last bit of his strength. He collapses to the floor and dissolves into a mist of pixels.

"Heh, I knew you guys weren't that tough after all," In Soup sneers.

Yours Truly restores +1 HP

Current HP
Wartortle: 6/50
Elementar: 0/15 DEAD
The Light: 10/15
Yours Truly: 12/15

Congratulations on making it this far Elementar, now all of the original four players are gone. I will be finding a replacement to join in the next fight.

...Ah, so Special (or, in this case, 'Magic') Attacks can go through that Tank's ability. Good to know, but it would've been better to have learnt that earlier. 'pologies, Elementar, we'll do our best to avenge you.

Yours Truly puts a little extra omph that probably won't actually translate into any actual effect into the Spell of Healing Yours Truly casts on The Light.

Also, on that note, Enzap, may I make a suggestion? I've just thought of a rather interesting mechanic: when a player dies, perhaps the next actions that the remaining players take can be improved in some way, as a form of comback mechanic or something? For example, damage, healing and buff/debuffs do a few more points of damage/healing/buff/debuffing then normal, jack's tanking abilites could draw more enemies/block all damage, Light's Rapid Fire could hit more targets... That kind of thing. Unless you're already thought of such an idea, in which case, don't mind me.

Last edited:
After about several days of delays due to family events and some other things y'all might find out about soon, I'm finally updating as promised :p

I will fire one Burning Arrow to Wartortle. DIE
Roll: 5
Your Burning Arrow makes contact! Although it appears to simply bounce off without leaving much of a mark.
Damage: 0
Wartortle is now burned!

I'll use my battle cry on wartortle
Wartortle must target you this turn!

...Ah, so Special (or, in this case, 'Magic') Attacks can go through that Tank's ability. Good to know, but it would've been better to have learnt that earlier. 'pologies, Elementar, we'll do our best to avenge you.

Yours Truly puts a little extra omph that probably won't actually translate into any actual effect into the Spell of Healing Yours Truly casts on The Light.

Also, on that note, Enzap, may I make a suggestion? I've just thought of a rather interesting mechanic: when a player dies, perhaps the next actions that the remaining players take can be improved in some way, as a form of comback mechanic or something? For example, damage, healing and buff/debuffs do a few more points of damage/healing/buff/debuffing then normal, jack's tanking abilites could draw more enemies/block all damage, Light's Rapid Fire could hit more targets... That kind of thing. Unless you're already thought of such an idea, in which case, don't mind me.
It's not a bad idea, I'll consider it and try to implement something similar, hopefully in the next level. Also as a side note, the Psybeam really was just that strong, it didn't ignore any Defense. Kadabra may or may not be a little OP :p

Despite your best efforts you only restore +4 HP to The Light

Yours Truly: 14/15

Kadabra uses Kinesis on Yours Truly, giving you -4 Ddg

Wartortle launches out of its shell and straight for jackatlasred with Skull Bash!
And it hits!
Damage: 5

Pidgeotto attacks Yours Truly with Wing Attack!

And it hits!

Wartortle is hurt by burn!

Yours Truly restores +1 HP!

Current HP
Wartortle: 4/50
Elementar: 0/15 DEAD
The Light: 14/15
jackatlasred: 10/15
Yours Truly: 10/15

Yeah if anyone has any questions on why things do a certain amount of damage or why something missed etc just ask

Also as a side note, the Psybeam really was just that strong, it didn't ignore any Defense. Kadabra may or may not be a little OP :p
But doesn't jack's Shield Block (or whatever it's called) nulify enemy attacks targeting the blocked player? Or is that just refering to abilities that don't deal damage? Because if it does, then that's kinda misleading wording for that move as far as I'm concerned.

But hey, as for my action this turn... Yours Truly casts a Spell of Healing on Yours Truly, purely because Yours Truly wants to restore Yours Truly to exactly full health and heal jack next turn. Yours Truly also thinks that Yours Truly has typed the words 'Yours Truly' way too many times for a post this short. Maybe it'll damage them or something, Yours Truly doesn't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom