• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Defeat the Boss - Pokemon: Kanto

@CheffOfGames Athena has been dealt a million damage by the Pokegods and has been defeated. CheffOfGames has no additional Pokemon, and has been eliminated.

Stepping up to the plate is the challenger Lone_Garurumon, with their partner Rio.

@Lone_Garurumon
5x Pokeball (20% chance to capture at full health), 1x Potion (Heal 5), $3000

447MS.png
Rio (Female Riolu - Fighting)
HP: 20/20, Defence: 20%, accuracy: 100%, Level: 5, Experience: 0/100

1. Metronome (Normal - Uses random move)
2. Tackle: 5 (Normal)
3. Defence curl (normal - raises defence by 5%)l

As soon as LG has chosen a move, I'll post the results.

Click begins the battle by flying down and unleashing a supersonic at Zorua.

Zorua is now confused. It might hurt itself in its confusion. (50% chance)

Pika unleashes a Thundershock at Zorua.

Thundershock (5) - Zorua Defence (1) / Elite Trainer: 2 damage

Zorua has been paralysed. They have a 50% chance to fail their attack.

Rio uses defence curl and raises its defence by 5%

Zorua is confused.

Zorua attempted to use Scratch but Zorua is paralysed. It failed to attack.

Zorua snapped out of its confusion.

Gary (Elite)
Unknown

570MS.png
Zorua (Female Zorua - Dark)
HP: 18/20, Defence: Unknown, accuracy: Unknown, Level: 5, Paralysed

1. Scratch: 5 (Normal)
2. Unknown
3. Unknown
4. Unknown

CHARACTERS

@Lone_Garurumon

447MS.png
Rio (Female Riolu - Fighting)
Base: HP: 20/20, Defence: 20%, accuracy: 100%, Level: 5, Experience: 0/100
This battle: HP: 20/20, Defence: 25%, accuracy: 100%

1. Metronome (Normal - Uses random move)
2. Tackle: 5 (Normal)
3. Defence curl (normal - raises defence by 5%)l

@Pika_pika42

025MS.png
Pika (Male Pikachu - Electric)
This battle: HP: 20/20, Defence: 20%, accuracy: 100%

1. Tail Whip (Status - Attempts to lower target defence by 5%)
2. Thundershock: 5 (Electric - 20% chance to paralyze target)

@Acrobatic Crobat

041MS.png
Click (Female Zubat - Poison/Flying)
This battle: HP: 20/20, Defence: 20%, accuracy: 100%

1. Absorb: 5 (Grass - Restores 2 HP)
2. Supersonic (Status - Attempts to confuse target)

Also, important question: Will our HP be restored between battles, or will we be stuck with what we ended the last round with?
Depends on the battle. For stuff like gym battles, you will maintain your current health between trainers until you defeat the gym leader and earn the badge. For stuff like this battle, wild battles, etc, yes*

*subject to change , but you will be notified if I feel the change is needed

Rule clarification
Oh, and @DarthWolf has asked me to clarify the idling policy.

Most updates will be posted as soon as I am able after all current players have made a move. You have up to 48 hours after I post an update to post your move(down from 72) Should you fail to post a move, and respond to my nudges, all your active Pokemon will be dealt maximum damage and you will be eliminated, opening the door for someone else.

On the subject of active pokemon, You are able to carry up to 3 pokemon on you, but additional pokemon are not lost. You have the choice to send additional pokemon (or an active one) to your PC, which you can access as long as you are in a town (but they can't be used to save you from defeat). Inactive pokemon also gain XP when you defeat enemies.

Being defeated in certain battles, like this one, will not result in elimination. I should have clarified this earlier, I apologise.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

...After quick calculations I realise that it wasn't actually the best idea, but alright, let's go with it.
A quick question about damage calculation... how is it rounded? Assuming for example that we lower that Zorua's def to 0%, will it take 2,5 hp damage from our attacks (meaning it's not rounded), 3 damage (rounded up) or 2 damage (rounded down)?
Also, how can hidden stats be revealed, aside from possibly calculating them?

Wait, if commands are processed in the order that they're received, would it be possible for Crobat and I to cancel our commands and give them again so they'll go after Pika's Tail Whip?
Yes

...After quick calculations I realise that it wasn't actually the best idea, but alright, let's go with it.
A quick question about damage calculation... how is it rounded? Assuming for example that we lower that Zorua's def to 0%, will it take 2,5 hp damage from our attacks (meaning it's not rounded), 3 damage (rounded up) or 2 damage (rounded down)?
Also, how can hidden stats be revealed, aside from possibly calculating them?

Don’t currently have an answer for you on rounding. I’ll ask my mod for his input and get back to you.

Hidden stats depends on the battle, but one way can be by modifying the stat.

By the way, feel free to discuss your strategy before you submit your moves. I’ll only process when i have all three.

In this case though, ill let you make the order change if you want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom