• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Defense of Marriage Act ruled unconstitutional by second appeals court

Someday, I hope kids will look back on this and wonder why this stuff was even an issue.

A sentiment I expect that is shared by most on here. A wider margin of folks 35 and younger are supportive of the LGBT community. But there are still some who don't share that belief and in fact are outright hostile to any equal rights for gays and lesbians and transgenders. Including a distinct minority on here. The love I share with my boyfriend should be no one else's concern but our own. It truly amazes me that the same people who purport a right to inject their beliefs into our lives are the same people who decry "expanding" government. Contradict much do you think?

aside from the issue of accepting same-sex marriage in someone's religion. there's an issue that religious believers seem to think is an actual issue, they think legalizing gay marriage is stomping on religous rights because it's forcing churches to accept gay marriage. which is simply not the case. there are churchs that'll mary these people for the money, they don't need to be stomp'd on and 2nd of all, legalizing marriage, as weird as it sounds has nothing to do with religion. it's about being respected as a married couple under the law and state and home. there are legal benifits to being married like raising children, tax benifits, and on a society view, being married means settling down and same-sex couples deserve those rights which is the same rights we give to people of different religions or even those that don't believe in god. we aren't forcing the church to accept them in their religion but they have to accept the fact that marriage is a right that should belong to any citizen, not just who the churchs or religious people aprove of.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom