• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Deli's little corner

I have a coupla things today.

DEFD389E-573A-4660-AC09-BE43C83EA46A.jpeg
Just a few experimental sketches o’ Skyla.

C0B9602F-1D2D-4D62-887D-38D36D0D8048.jpeg
4BF27ADA-8172-4FAF-82E8-5183AB512514.jpeg
On the first pic, it says «Angry (what else?)» (I removed the note after taking the photo) and the second one says «scared». Just testing some typical franco-belgian iconography. (The small eyes on Akari are mine, however.) Also, I know that Akari’s nose and hair colour is not like Dawn‘s on my previous drawings, that is intentional. I also had to substitude the slate grey and dark blue with normal grey and blue, since I did not have any.

Also, damn it, two pages, huh?

Last edited:
IMG_20220808_190623520.jpg

I need to figure out how to not make the head look so wide. Any suggestions? Would love to hear 'em.

Anyway, if you wonder why she has no right hand, it is both an artistic and practical decision. Some exercise of artistic license never hurts, and I like the idea of her havin' lost it in an accident. It's also hard to draw hands from the side.

If you also how I make the lines look like that, I draw over the lines with my pencil after I have finished sketching to emphasize them, instead of doing line art. Another example of me doing that is the Nita tracing I did some time ago, and I also employed it for all of my published stuff after the Dawn drawing. I call it double-lining. I made that up just now, actually!

Will do line art again, folks, but I dunno when. Finding out which pen to use is tedious.

IMG_20220819_202503702.jpg
(G)AME BOY (PAL, good shape)

(FRO)M: 1989 A.D, anthropcene

(WHE)RE: The Plains of the Midgard Serpent, Norway Not a real location

(FUN)TIONAL: Yes

(DIS)COVERS: Pearl and Marina Ida

Pokémon Blue cartridge (PAL)

Not used with situations (for a lack of a better term) so I did some practice. Tried to make the Game Boy as accurate as possible, but I had to simplify some writing to because I am horrible at handwriting, especially small letters. But all the details that are supposed to be there, are there.

IMG_20220828_135646807.jpg
IMG_20220828_135718533.jpg

This was originally going to a bust, which is why she isn't wearing her shawl. I didn't want to erase her hair, since I had just made it satisfactory.

Figured I would make something that was not about Splatoon, so here is a spinnin' Steenee:
IMG_20220828_135751802.jpg

Looks better than I thought it would.

20230127_210210.jpg

I wanted to experiment a bit, and used my brush to draw the hair strands that stick out. Also gave her trousers since I didn't wanna do her skirt. I gave her that kinda nose as an experiment too.

The only thing I really regret is not givin' her eyelashes, but it still works pretty fine without 'em. Overall, I'm pretty proud of this one.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom