• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Delphox vs Emboar

Delphox easily for me. I dislike Emboar's design and while Delphox's is weird I quite like it. And Delphox is a type combination that only 1 pokemon had before, whereas Emboar is the 3rd Fire/Fighting starter in a row.

I prefer Emboar, though Delphox is pretty cool.
Design-wise I just feel Emboar is better. I like that he's fattish, I like the colours (not many starters with a decent amount of black on them), the exploded tail, the eyebrows etc. etc. Delphox feels a bit too human-y sometimes. I do appreciate the design of the feet and legs, and the wand, but otherwise it's a bit disappointing. If it would have expanded on the white (and black) that Braixen had, instead of keeping it the same and suddenly switching to red. Even if the shade were more orangey I would like it better.
Prevo-wise, Fennekin and Tepig are kind of equal to me, but Braixen trumps Pignite.
*Also, I'm quite sure Emboar is based on a professional wrestler, not a sumo. Maybe it's a mixture. Either way, I don't mind subtlety in design influence. Delphox screaming wizard doesn't really give it any extra points in my book*

The one thing about Delphox which I prefer is the typing of course. And I do feel the typing is the cause for Emboar's low popularity, since people tend to start negatively after seeing that it's fire/fighting again.

Now, I haven't used Delphox, but I greatly enjoyed using Emboar. Heat Crash is one of my favourite things introduced in Gen V, and the whole thing just fits Emboar perfectly.

So, yeah, though I appreciate many aspects of Delphox and it is by no means my least favourite Fire starter, Emboar ftw.

I'm a big Emboar fan. I didn't like Blaziken or Infernape so Emboar for me is a great Pokemon. Plus he isn't fragile like Blaziken or Infernape. If you miss a move with either of them and somebody pulls of a STAB Earthquake, they're gone. As for Delphox, I can't stand it. I think the typing is cool but it's design is horrid and it really isn't very good. Plus Shiny Emboar is one of the coolest looking Pokemon ever.

These two are to me the worst starters' final stages designs. Especially Delphox who started of with a very interesting design.
Then ended up looking terrible. It's probably one of the most disappointing Pokemon designs. So I can't look it without remembering
how disappointed I was. I initially disliked Emboar's design but seeing it in motion made me like it, a little.
In battle, Delphox can sometimes be worthy. I've successfully used Delphox to counter Mega Lucario (a few times) and Mega Scizor (many times).
I'm very torn between the two. I'll choose Emboar overall. Delphox's design is really turning me off.

Delphox 100%. I've used both (I always pick the fire-starter) and I was much more excited to use Fennekin than Tepig when the respective games came out. Emboar isn't bad, but I don't find it half as good as Delphox, and being the 3rd Fire/Fighting starter in a row would just upset me in the back of my mind even though I knew I would choose it. Delphox gets points for breaking that pattern.

I love Delphox's design. It is a wizard, in a dress/robe, with a magic wand as a stick. What could be better? The cute-loving girl in me just can't see Emboar as having the nicest looking or most appealing design. Not bad, but namely my least favorite of the Fire starters.

As for the best prevos...I love Braixen more than Delphox and Fennekin. Like, I am seriously in love with the body shape and the black legs and everything. And once again, the little girl in me prefers that over the cute piggies.

I'd assume a Delphox could beat an Emboar, but at the same time, it gets Head Smash, so I'd say either depending on the situation.

Me it would have to be EMBOAR
Cause the one I had was unstoppable lol but soooo was delphox
He/she was also unbeatable lol thx all for reading k both are my favs k

Enjoyed reading both sides - my vote goes to Delphox.

Love Delphox's design the most, it's also first Pokemon I used and like that is part fire type, I also love foxes (pigs? not so much)

Going with Delphox. I don't dislike Emboar, he's actually pretty cool and strong, but I just like the magician concept that Delphox has. I'll admit I didn't like her change from Braixen too much, but seeing her in action and the Global Link artwork made her way better in my eyes. Plus she is a Fire/Psychic, which is a big breath of fresh air after three Fire/Fighting starters, much as I may find them acceptable individually.

I say Delphox. I love the concept of a fire mage Pokémon. As for a fat sumo pig... not a great concept. Delphox's design is pretty cool with a robe/dress and a freaking stick for a wand, but I don't really like her model. Emboar is also cool, but he's really fat and slow. Delphox is also cool since she is a nice, refreshing change from the Fire/Fighting starters. I also love her signature Mystical Fire attack. Emboar is probably my least favourite Fire starter. Delphox also has potential for many sets, she could be a sweeper, a crippler, a supporter or she could Switcheroo on harmful items. Emboar only really attacks. In a battle, Delphox would win with her Psychic moves, but Emboar would have a chance with Stone Edge, Earthquake and Head Smash. Overall, I like Delphox better.

Emboar is ugly as sin, while Delphox would have to be my second-favorite Fire starter (next to Charizard), even though it has a bad 3D model.

Whose design do you prefer? emboar

Who has the better pre-evolutions? well I sorta like braixen so

Who would win? you mean it's not super obvious?

Who do you prefer? emboar

emboar has been somewhat growing on me lately, it's definitely my favorite fire starter. I have no idea how delphox has 200% emboar's score, fire swine is much cooler

I started with Emboar in White. And I hate it. Delphox actually did much better for me in X.

Whose design do you prefer? Emboar. Delphox is too much standard furry appeal for my tastes.

Who has the better pre-evolutions? Emboar, again. Had it not been for Braixen also being what Delphox is as noted above, Delphox would've had the better prior forms.

Who would win? Delphox... ONLY because of the secondary types of both Pokemon. In terms of movepool and hidden ability, Emboar is just better.

Who do you prefer? Emboar. Emboar is incredibly competent in Gen V surprisingly enough, whereas Delphox is only this in Gen VI because it's stats and typing were better designed to attack foes and KO more quickly.

Whose design do you prefer? Delphox all the way. I really love its majestic and elegant appearance, and I prefer it over Emboar's cool design.

Who has the better pre-evolutions? Delphox. Fennekin is really cute, and Braixen is simply adorable! Regarding Emboar, Tepig is cute as well, but I don't like the chubby Pignite too much. Reminds me too much... an egg. And now we'll see many eggs and bacon jokes arriving here.

Who would win? Depends. Delphox would most likely win, due to its psychic powers and superior speed, but if Emboar manages to survive it can destroy the fox with Head Smash or similar moves. However, due to being faster, Delphox takes the vote.

Who do you prefer? Absolutely Delphox. It's my favorite Fire-type starter along with Charizard and Infernape, and in-game Delphox has shown to be way more useful than Emboar has ever been. So, I've gotta go with the fire mage.

I'm voting Emboar. I feel that it gets a lot of undeserved hate for its typing alone.

Whose design do you prefer? I'd call this one about even. There's good design on both sides.

Who has the better pre-evolutions? Emboar on account of gaining its secondary type earlier.

Who would win? Many here seem to be forgetting that Emboar can have Sucker Punch as an Egg Move, completely invalidating Delphox's greater speed when it tries the obvious Psychic. Emboar takes this.

Who do you prefer? Emboar. If I want a Kalos starter, it's either Chesnaught or Greninja. Delphox ultimately doesn't do it for me.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom