• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tye Taylors

You Know The Name
Reaction score
Delta-47: A Mass Effect RP
No Prior Knowledge Needed

The Story:
The galaxy is currently under siege by a technology-based super-race called the Reapers, whose only goal is the complete and utter destruction of all sentient life in the galaxy. The Reapers are a mysterious and ancient race that pre-dates all known life in the universe. We have only known of there existence for the last fifteen years; in that time, we have learned much about them through the many run-ins that the famous space marine, Commander John Shepard, has had with them. We know that the Reapers themselves are nearly unkillable, have no emotions, and seek to destroy all life. Though the future looks grim, there is one last line of defense for life in the galaxy: N7. The N7 Program was originally started by the humans when they first came into contact with other sentient species; since then, it has expanded to include the best of the best soldiers from all of the galaxy's races. Now, N7 is putting together its best group yet: Delta Company. You have been selected as member of Delta Company, an elite task force tasked with the duty to execute the most dangerous, high-risk operations. Every battle you win will help the galaxy defeat the Reapers. The choice is yours soldier, help save the galaxy or die in fear of what's to come.

The Rules:
1) I'm the GM, I am here to help you with any problems or questions you have involving the game. This also means that I have the authority to tell you what you can and can't do. However, I'm just here to make sure everything runs smooth and everyone has a good time.
2) No God Modding, your character isn't all powerful, he/she will get hurt, will have weaknesses, and won't always have control over the situations they find themselves in.
3) Keep it PG, not really PG, but I definitely don't want an F-Bomb in every line. I understand if your character swears a lot or has a relationship with another character, but there is no need to have everything they do or say to be inappropriate. Long story short: Be tasteful when you RP, swear when the situation calls for it and if things go past PG-13, take it to PMs.
4) If you read this, put something about pineapple discreetly in your character's backstory.
5) Violence is ok, accept the fact that your character may have his/her arm blown off etc. There will be blood.
6) OOC chat is fine in the thread but keep it to a minimum. If you have a question or need to dispute something PM the other person or Me.
7) Be active, now I'm not saying you have to be checking this thread every hour, you have a life. But if you don't post at the very minimum of once a day, I'll give you a warning. If you are headed on vacation or something, PM me, we will find a story-oriented way to relieve your character while you are away.

Enemy Races:
The Reapers Reaper.png
The Reapers are massive squid-like machines that walk on their large spear-like legs. Their outer shells are nearly indestructible and they fire a laser death-beam that can tear through anything and everything, detonating any technology that it rips through. Prolonged exposure to a Reaper can allow it to corrupt and control the minds of any organic species. Nearly a few miles tall.
Reaper Forces Reaper Forces.jpg
Harvester - Huge, strong, flies, and shoots fast, detonating projectiles. 25 ft tall.
Husks - Zombies made from dead corpses, their insides have been replaced with reaper technology. Strong, fast, but weak and stupid. 4-6ft
Cannibal - Eats anything and everything, absorbing dead corpses marrow to add armor to itself, can shoot conventional firearms. 6 ft
Marauder - The shock troopers of Reaper forces, they lead on the battlefield and can buff others with additional armor, fire conventional firearms. 6 ft
Ravager - Armored by sacks all over its body, they burst, weakening its armor, and let out small insects that eat through enemies' armor. They tote large cannons much like the Harvesters'. 6 ft
Banshee - 10 ft tall, the banshee uses biotic powers to throw up powerful shields and dish out devastating psychic attacks. Smart but slow, unless they are teleporting.
Brute - Large and cumbersome at about 8 ft tall, they are like huge linebackers, ripping apart enemies with their bare hands. stupid, slow until they charge.

Collectors http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/images/me2_collectors.jpg
Collectors are a bug species that uses biotics, they are rather mysterious and are stronger and faster than humans. They use conventional firearms.

Player Races:
Humans
By far, the most adaptable race, humans can possess a wide range of skills, not being particularly amazing at any one of them. While still able to be powerful, humans are not specialized in any one thing. They can have any two Tech, Biotic, or Weapon ability.
Asari Asari.png
Asari are uni-sexual beings; however, they are usually associated with being female because they can breed and give birth. Oddly, they can have children with any race, but the children will always be Asari. They live to be thousands of years old and their skill levels rise with age; however, they look young until the very late years of their lives. Asari are usually detached but they are surprisingly emotional. Asari are biotic masters, being able to manipulate biotics in every way imaginable. They are about as about as fast and strong as humans. They can have Biotic and Weapon Ability.
Salarians Salarian.jpg
Salarians are frog-like coldblooded organisms, they prefer heat to cold. They only live to be about thirty but they are extremely intelligent, easily the smartest in the galaxy. Salarians think fast, talk fast, and sometimes overlook others' emotions in their haste. They are slightly weaker than humans but faster. They can have Tech and Weapon Ability.
Turians Turian.png
Turians are bird-like humanoids that are generally great pilots. They have similar lifespans and intelligence to humans, are slightly stronger, bigger, but about the same speed. Turians can have Tech and Weapon Ability.
Quarians http://i.stack.imgur.com/vAcxc.jpg
Quarians are the mechanists of the galaxy, they can fix anything with nearly nothing. They are slightly weaker than humans and about the same speed but are very smart. Quarians need to live inside of mechanized suits because they have no immune system to protect them from disease. Quarians can have Tech and Weapon Ability.
Krogans http://images.wikia.com/aliens/imag...eenshot-the-krogan-grunt-looks-especially.jpg
Krogans are huge brutish reptiles that rip enemies apart with either their hands or their savage biotic techniques. They are headstrong and always short tempered, they are not very smart because their emotions get in the way of their thought. Krogans are faster and stronger than humans and are about a foot taller. Krogans have Biotic and Weapon Abilities.
Geth Geth Pyro - Mass Effect Wiki - Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, walkthroughs and more.
Geth are by far the best hackers out of all the races, as they are actually sentient machines. Geth are bigger, smarter but slightly weaker and slightly slower than humans. They are usually calculating and efficient. Geth have Tech and Weapon Abilities.

Sign-Up:
Name: Make sure your name fits your character's race the best it can
Race: One of the above "Player Races"
Age: How old is your character, include how old they feel/look if they aren't human
Personality: Is your character a D-Bag or a nice person? Why? Do they have any fears, hates, or loves? Include your character's flaws.
Backstory: Give me a good story, why was this character chosen for the N7 Program? Do they have a complicated past?
Weapons & Tools: It's a Sci-Fi, pretty much any weapons work as long as you can "Sci-Fi them up" Example: Katana becomes Laser Katana. *Note* You get an omni-tool, a wrist mounted device that can shape itself into almost anything. Include what your omni-tool does.
Abilities: The two abilities listed under the race you chose above and what your character uses them for.
Tech: Your character has a mastery of technology, they can hack, reprogram robots, overload circuits over distance, and even build small turrets or friendly robots. All your powers are based off using your omni-tool.
Biotic: These are powers a lot like "The Force" from Starwars, you can lift and throw objects and enemies, you can dash into them while cloaked in a wall of biotic power, and you can even create gravitational fields to suck in enemies or tear apart their armor.
Weapon: This means you can use any weapon, people without the weapon skill can only use pistols and other basic weapons, with this skill you can use any weapon you can dream up.

Can you have more than one character?

Last edited:
Honestly, I was considering closing this because it didn't seem very popular; however, I am glad you responded, if you would like, I will still run it. Thanks for the interest; and yes, you can have more than one character, but I don't recommend it and I will cap it at two.

Cool. Working on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom