• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Delta Species in Diamond and Pearl?

Delta Species Pokemon In D/P?

• Yes

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • It Will Unbalance the Games!

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Why Bother?

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Krucifier

Mmmmmooooooooo!!!
Reaction score
Do you think it is a good idea to have Delta Species pokemon in D/P?

I think yes, after all it was very popular in the card game

Delta Species Pokémon were essentially Pokémon whose types were different in some way to their normal types, due to a large scale accident caused by the Holon Scientists. Examples include Metal Gardevoir, Fire Mewtwo, Electric Metagross, and so forth.

thank you uhhh.......should i use your real name.....? hmmmm maybe not......but i know who you are archaic.......MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! but whatever the case delta species is basically what archaic said......but in holon phantoms ( new set) they were naturally formed delta species pokemon not 'accidents' but now im going of topic......

I think yes, but not directly. I think it should be a small thing and they should be similar to the Shadow Pokemon in the Cube games (where you need to purify and befriend them, but they don't loose their advantages in the end. They are just harder to control at first).

I also think any type changes should be done through a characteristic. I still want pokemon to be able to learn 2nd or 3rd Characteristics. With these they won't be able to change that perticular one, like the birth characteristic, but I think it would keep the game in balance.

I also think it would have to be different monsters you can get. One thing's for sure, we can't assume 2 mewtwos running around in the same game.

But I can really see this as an effect of a new evil team! (Hopefully there will be multiple teams again, including fanboy favorite: Team Rocket, in a similar fasion as Leaf Green/Fire Red where they are maybe a group of 3-5 people tring to revive the gang)

Krucifier said:
thank you uhhh.......should i use your real name.....? hmmmm maybe not......but i know who you are archaic.......MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

...we all know Muka-chan's real name, you moron.

Archaic said:
Delta Species Pokémon were essentially Pokémon whose types were different in some way to their normal types, due to a large scale accident caused by the Holon Scientists. Examples include Metal Gardevoir, Fire Mewtwo, Electric Metagross, and so forth.

By accident? I thought that was the purpose of the experiments. Unless there's a backstory I didn't hear about.

This idea sounds just as bad as cross-breeding.

There's nothing wrong with the core mechanics of the game we've been using for 3 generations. It's not broke, doesn't need fixing. Nor should the TCG and Games ever mix.

Unless it's for a new TCG GB game. That's ok - so long as it's decent and not just the Yu-Gi-Oh games redressed.

They were just invented so that "new" Pokemon could be invented while trying to wait for Gen 4. So, no. I wouldn't like it.

I would love a Colosseum-like game taking place in Eidolon Forest involving trying to solve the mystery of Delta Species Pokemon and how it destroys the balance of nature or something. Yeah.

But in the main series? No. :/

I'm wondering if Holon isn't the region planned for D/P. Note that the more recent DS games have always found ways to add the initials "DS" to their titles (Castlevania: Dawn of Souls, Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits, etc.) Delta Species=DS. And given that Nintendo has given out hints to 4th gen elsewhere, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Isn't Holon just a lame extraction of the word 'Holo' for the shiny cards?

It'd be a pretty sad day if Gamefreak had to start taking material from the 'fantastic' creative minds behind the TCG 'world' (Since it now apparently has one).

They may be cool, but only as something after the Elite four. If they had them in the begining they would throw some people off mabey, but if they inclued something like a Battle Frontier the trainers there could use them to make it more of a challenge

Doctor Oak said:
It'd be a pretty sad day if Gamefreak had to start taking material from the 'fantastic' creative minds behind the TCG 'world' (Since it now apparently has one).
Oh, and I suppose you are involved in the TCG enough to make a statement like that?

Archaic said:
He's a person who knows me IRL from the TCG League, who only just recently joined Ket. He wouldn't have known that. No reason to get snitty with him.

crap...........how did you know....? crap!

Busted? *snickers*

I hope D/P takes off of GSC somehow as a model. GSC was a good set of games. None of this change-of-element crap. And really, the game is elementally balanced as it is, there's no need for an extra element to cancel much of anything out.

Doctor Oak said:
This idea sounds just as bad as cross-breeding.

There's nothing wrong with the core mechanics of the game we've been using for 3 generations. It's not broke, doesn't need fixing. Nor should the TCG and Games ever mix.

Thank you. But this idea is worse than crossbreeding I'm afraid.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom